“Great Value, Great Room with excellent hosts!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Ranked #22 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Value, Great Room with excellent hosts!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Checked in after 12 am, but our reservation was ready with out a problem. Best thing was that we got the 4th night free! Talk about liking the price of a king room! Room was clean, but with the exception of a feel minor problems which were not deal breakers. Breakfast room was good. nice selection of hot & cold foods along with the waffle maker. I found the eggs to be too salty,but that was just me. The pool & hot tub room were good. towels were provided, They were thin and rough, but we all know that the guests tend to swipe them. So it was no biggie. Dominique, the front desk manager did a wonderful job in helping us out with our needs. Such as getting a 2nd luggage rack for the room. She also was fun to talk to and helpful with places to go. Over all I would not hesitate to stay here again. which reminds me that I need to make a reservation!

Room Tip: 2nd floor in the rear are great because you can use the stairs from the lobby. Very easy to carry on...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Chuck,

Thank you for your feedback about your visit. We really appreciate all guest feedback. Thank you for telling us your comments and concerns. Tank you for your concerns about the breakfast service and the towels in your room. We are very sorry that you were not completely satisfied. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We are always looking for ways to make our hotel better. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Richmond West

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

While the hotel looked nice, the hot tub was nice and the rooms were clearly renovated recently, I will never stay here again. I stayed on a Sunday and left a sweater in the room. I called right away and they said that housekeeping had left for the day so they just didn't know if it was there and to call back the next day earlier.

I called at noon the next day and was told the same story. "Gosh, I don't see it here. Housekeeping has left for the day, call tomorrow earlier."

I called AGAIN the next morning and was told that "It might be up on the second floor, I don't know," so I really got angry at this point and told the girl to go look because I was being ignored and the sweater should absolutely have been picked up. I knew exactly where I left it.

She took my info and said she'd call back around 3pm. Shockingly, I didn't get a call... I had to call back again, a fourth time, and was told that she hadn't found it the previous day. I asked if that was common- items were picked up and instead of contacting the person who obviously just left it behind, the items "disappeared". She sort of said "Well, uh, it isn't common" but she didn't seem disappointed in the housekeeping staff or really seem to care at all. I think she cared more about the phone I could hear ringing in the background.

Unfortunately for me, I lost a sweater that cost twice what the room did and I will never stay here again on my trips to Richmond. I've worked in management for years and I would have taken this a LOT more seriously. No customer in their right mind would ever return to or recommend a business where they felt cheated by the staff. I would imagine people leave stuff behind ALL the time, many times a day. Theft should be completely intolerable in this environment. My best friend and I will find a new hotel to stay in on our meet ups in Richmond as I no longer would feel comfortable heading out for the day with my stuff at the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JessicaNaza
Crystal L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect. We apologize for not providing you with the level of service that we should have. If given the opportunity to gain your business back we will strive not only to meet your expectations but to also exceed them. I would like to invite you to speak to me further in regards to your stay with us to see how we could have better served you or serve you on future stays if your travels bring you back to the Richmond, Virginia.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

We are members of Carlson's travel club and enjoy Country Inn & Suites. The room was just fine. The bathroom shower curtain was torn and needed to be replaced. The breakfast area was very crowded and was extremely hot, for being in the month of December. We tried to open one of the two doors in the dining area which opened to the lobby, but the door would not open.

The people who work at the front desk (two young ladies) were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear TWEETYCCC,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We really appreciate all of your feedback. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns. We appreciate you telling us about the shower curtain and the breakfast room. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We are really sorry that you were not completely satisfied. We take guest feedback very seriously. It allows us to make changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Sincerely
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I loved my room. The furnishings and decor were tasteful and the room itself was cozy and in great shape. The bed was very comfortable. My sleep was disturbed by the sound of smoke alarms blaring. I called the desk and they told me someone burnt toast in the toaster in the hotel's lobby. The alarms went on and on and then the fire department showed up and were testing the alarms and it went back on again. Needless to say by this time I was wide-awake as exhausted as I was and couldn't get back to sleep and still had a long drive ahead of me in the morning. A toaster three floors down shouldn't set the whole building's alarms off. Something should be done to prevent this from happening ever again. It's truly a lovely hotel but they have to fix this problem. I had no trouble getting an internet connection. My laptop found the connection right away and it was up and running surfing the internet within minutes. The hotel is very convenient to I-95 and close to many restaurants.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors or a room not facing the bar/restaurant across the parking lot will be quiet...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Sandygirl2225,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the smoke alarms in the hotel. We are sorry that you sleep was disturbed. We will pass this valuable feedback on to our staff. We are very sorry for any inconvenience that you were caused. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you may consider us again in the future.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel during the December holiday season as a night stop while my drive from NC to PA.
I booked the hotel just 2 hrs before my Check-In and it was quite convenient via their website.
I was exhausted and wanted a quiet room and was provided one during Check-In. The front-desk was courteous and pleasant to work with. Given a holiday time , the hotel was very well managed and appeared to be quiet and peaceful.
The room was clean and neat , the bathroom was spacious and clean , bed was comfortable and the linens were clean and smelled good.
The Lobby and walkway are clean and smell good.
Morning breakfast is really filling and is included in the fare.
The location is very good , right on the Broad Street where lots of restaurants and shops are available if anyone staying there for more time.
Overall a good experience

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Prasad T,

Thank you for telling us about your visit during the holiday season. We appreciate all of your valuable feedback. We will let you the staff know about your comments. We strive to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again during future visits to the area.

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights in December. The hotel was rather hard to find, my Garmin doesn' recognize the address and it's hidden from the road side with only a small sign to help. Best way is to look for the Quality Inn next door. Staff were low key and courteous. Our room had probably been recently decorated and was very clean with all the expected amenities. Unfortunately it was located close to the pool which stayed open late to the delight of noisy children. The free breakfast aimed to meet current expectations with hot food selections changing daily. It disappointed in that supply could not meet demand for fresh fruit, cups, etc. The location is a few miles from tourist destinations and downtown but this is offset by free parking.

Room Tip: Stay away from pool on first floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Tony,

Thank you for the review about your stay. We really value all guest feedback. Thank you for telling us your feedback about the breakfast service and the pool. We are very sorry if your were not completely satisfied with the those two areas of the hotel. We use guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Stow, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

A little rough around the edges in a few areas but its due for a remodeling. It was clean everywhere I looked , a plus these days anywhere. The room was fine except for drapes that didnt fully cover window on a ground floor room and sink had low water pressure. The rest of the room was fine . The staff was excellent both a check-in and check-out.
The breakfast was great , food was hot and maybe one of the freshest meals I've had at any Country Inn.

Room Tip: The rear ground floor room we had was very quiet despite being only a few doors from the lobby and f...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear 262Dave,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay. We are very sorry that you were not completely satisfied. We will pass this valuable feedback on to our staff. We use feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us. We are also glad that you enjoyed the breakfast service. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future