Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Ranked #23 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Ambler, Pennsylvania
“Super!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Came here from suburban inn across the parking lot. That place was a nightmare! This place was so clean, as an asthma sufferer who just stayed in a hotel that wreaked like dogs and smoke, I looked around, took a deep breath, and could breathe easy again. The breakfast was surprisingly really good and had a ton of options. Free (good!) coffee and tea in the lobby 24/7 and free cookies up front that my three year old loved! I'm just so happy about how meticulously clean our room, and the hotel, overall was. Customer service was great and pleasant. I also loved how updated and nice everything looked, and the pool was pretty nice too!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Matt,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us, and that we could accommodate you. We really value all guest feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed all that we had to offer. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Richmond

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Windsor, PA
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We have stayed at several hotels in the area during our daughters four years at UR. There are other properties as nice as Country Inn but our lodging dollar goes further here than at other locations. Every employee we have come in contact with has been professional and courteous. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The in room fridge will keep your wine cold for relaxing in the evening! The continental breakfast is typical and what one should really expect for a free continental breakfast. There are plenty of dining options within a couple of miles. We have one trip left to Richmond and that will be for graduation in May. We will be staying at Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank halfwitt
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear halfwitt,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you chose us during your recent visit to UR. Thank you so much for all of your feedback. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us. We will pass this very valuable feedback on to our staff. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Front desk attendant was a bit cold on check in; not rude just not welcoming. Other staff were much the same but as I only needed to interact with them to check in and out it wasn't an issue. Breakfast room was small but it did accommodate everyone fortunately. These were the only problems we had as everything else was perfect - clean room, bathroom, beds and linen, quiet location etc. Would stay again and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Louby76
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Louby 76,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We are very sorry that you were not completely satisfied with you stay. We are sorry that you had a issue with our front desk staff. We will make sure that we address that issue right away. Thanks for telling us your concerns about the breakfast service. We are always trying to find new ways to make that service better. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Checked in after 12 am, but our reservation was ready with out a problem. Best thing was that we got the 4th night free! Talk about liking the price of a king room! Room was clean, but with the exception of a feel minor problems which were not deal breakers. Breakfast room was good. nice selection of hot & cold foods along with the waffle maker. I found the eggs to be too salty,but that was just me. The pool & hot tub room were good. towels were provided, They were thin and rough, but we all know that the guests tend to swipe them. So it was no biggie. Dominique, the front desk manager did a wonderful job in helping us out with our needs. Such as getting a 2nd luggage rack for the room. She also was fun to talk to and helpful with places to go. Over all I would not hesitate to stay here again. which reminds me that I need to make a reservation!

Room Tip: 2nd floor in the rear are great because you can use the stairs from the lobby. Very easy to carry on...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Chuck,

Thank you for your feedback about your visit. We really appreciate all guest feedback. Thank you for telling us your comments and concerns. Tank you for your concerns about the breakfast service and the towels in your room. We are very sorry that you were not completely satisfied. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We are always looking for ways to make our hotel better. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 24 January 2014

While the hotel looked nice, the hot tub was nice and the rooms were clearly renovated recently, I will never stay here again. I stayed on a Sunday and left a sweater in the room. I called right away and they said that housekeeping had left for the day so they just didn't know if it was there and to call back the next day earlier.

I called at noon the next day and was told the same story. "Gosh, I don't see it here. Housekeeping has left for the day, call tomorrow earlier."

I called AGAIN the next morning and was told that "It might be up on the second floor, I don't know," so I really got angry at this point and told the girl to go look because I was being ignored and the sweater should absolutely have been picked up. I knew exactly where I left it.

She took my info and said she'd call back around 3pm. Shockingly, I didn't get a call... I had to call back again, a fourth time, and was told that she hadn't found it the previous day. I asked if that was common- items were picked up and instead of contacting the person who obviously just left it behind, the items "disappeared". She sort of said "Well, uh, it isn't common" but she didn't seem disappointed in the housekeeping staff or really seem to care at all. I think she cared more about the phone I could hear ringing in the background.

Unfortunately for me, I lost a sweater that cost twice what the room did and I will never stay here again on my trips to Richmond. I've worked in management for years and I would have taken this a LOT more seriously. No customer in their right mind would ever return to or recommend a business where they felt cheated by the staff. I would imagine people leave stuff behind ALL the time, many times a day. Theft should be completely intolerable in this environment. My best friend and I will find a new hotel to stay in on our meet ups in Richmond as I no longer would feel comfortable heading out for the day with my stuff at the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JessicaNaza
Crystal L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect. We apologize for not providing you with the level of service that we should have. If given the opportunity to gain your business back we will strive not only to meet your expectations but to also exceed them. I would like to invite you to speak to me further in regards to your stay with us to see how we could have better served you or serve you on future stays if your travels bring you back to the Richmond, Virginia.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We are members of Carlson's travel club and enjoy Country Inn & Suites. The room was just fine. The bathroom shower curtain was torn and needed to be replaced. The breakfast area was very crowded and was extremely hot, for being in the month of December. We tried to open one of the two doors in the dining area which opened to the lobby, but the door would not open.

The people who work at the front desk (two young ladies) were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear TWEETYCCC,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We really appreciate all of your feedback. We appreciate all of your comments and concerns. We appreciate you telling us about the shower curtain and the breakfast room. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. We are really sorry that you were not completely satisfied. We take guest feedback very seriously. It allows us to make changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Sincerely
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I loved my room. The furnishings and decor were tasteful and the room itself was cozy and in great shape. The bed was very comfortable. My sleep was disturbed by the sound of smoke alarms blaring. I called the desk and they told me someone burnt toast in the toaster in the hotel's lobby. The alarms went on and on and then the fire department showed up and were testing the alarms and it went back on again. Needless to say by this time I was wide-awake as exhausted as I was and couldn't get back to sleep and still had a long drive ahead of me in the morning. A toaster three floors down shouldn't set the whole building's alarms off. Something should be done to prevent this from happening ever again. It's truly a lovely hotel but they have to fix this problem. I had no trouble getting an internet connection. My laptop found the connection right away and it was up and running surfing the internet within minutes. The hotel is very convenient to I-95 and close to many restaurants.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors or a room not facing the bar/restaurant across the parking lot will be quiet...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Sandygirl2225,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the smoke alarms in the hotel. We are sorry that you sleep was disturbed. We will pass this valuable feedback on to our staff. We are very sorry for any inconvenience that you were caused. Thank you for staying with us. We hope that you may consider us again in the future.