Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Richmond West at I-64, VA
Ranked #23 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel is located on a busy street and is set back off the road behind other buildings. You have to look for it because the sign is hard to find. We were able to get to downtown easily from this hotel as well as the interstate. We were in room 319 and it was okay except for some black mold the size of a 50 cent piece on the ceiling, it was the first thing we saw when we went to bed and when we woke up. It's hard to believe that housekeepiing does not see this as well as the mold in the shower. I left a note for them to check it out because it's disgusting and it's easy to clean. Seems the whole room could use a good cleaning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ccc1055
Crystal L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Richmond West at I-64, VA, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank your for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your most recent stay at The Country Inn & Suites Richmond West. I have shared your comments with maintenance and housekeeping and we are correcting the issue. We currently have that room being serviced and maintenance is working on removing and repatching the ceiling. It customers like you that take the time to provide us with feedback so we can fine tune our operations. We have also spoke to housekeeping department to bring those to our attention before the room is rented to future guest. We would like to invite you back to our hotel so you can see how your feedback was used and allows the opportunity to gain your business back.I would be pleased to discuss this with you further, at a time that is convenient to you. Once again, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel to discover that I was 20 minutes by car from the conference I was attending. I didn't have a car. Even though this wasn't their fault they allowed me to cancel my 6 night reservation and only charged me for one day which was absolutely fair. The front desk manager, Jennifer, was excellent to work with and very responsive to my emails. Well done! I will definitely choose Country Inn in the future because good customer service is rare.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Richmond West at I-64, VA, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the review of our customer service. We are so sorry that you were not able to stay and enjoy what the hotel has to offer. We hope that you will choose us again in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed here two nights, while my wife was having a medical procedure at MCV. The close proximity to I-64 interchange to get downtown was a consideration in our choice of hotels. We had a nice-size room with 2 double beds, a desk and chair with both wired and wireless internet that worked very well. Also, included was a mini-fridge & micro-zap. Room had a large bathroom with full length vanity and shower/tub combination. Everything was clean, and except for inconsiderate other residents slamming doors shut both morning & night, the room on the 3rd floor next to the emergency stairs was very quiet. The breakfast room is a little small, but we easily got a table both mornings. The fare while not as expansive as some other motels we've stayed at had plenty of choices: oatmeal, dry cereal, fruit, make your own waffles, sausage,eggs, ham, french toast, milk, juices, coffee(all day in lobby), sweet rolls,and biscuits, etc. The property was clean inside and out, and had plenty of free parking. It's a little difficult to find the hotel, as it sits about a city block off Broad Street, down a driveway past the Piccadilly cafeteria. I found coming from down town to turn right on Hungry Springs road, go to the first traffic light and turn left takes you right up behind the motel, and there's a sign on the street to guide you in. By the way, there's a truly great family-run Greek Italian restaurant right across the street in the Westland SC call Nick's Roman Terrace. Otherwise, up and down Broad there's restaurants and stores galore, and the Short Pump mall is just a couple of miles farther West on Broad Street. We'll definitely consider staying here again next time, and maybe then use the indoor pool and Jacuzzi.

Room Tip: I like a room on the top floor for the quiet. You're far enough off Broad to not have traffic no...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Richmond West at I-64, VA, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Kingfather,

Thank you so much for your comments about your stay. We hope your wife is doing well. Thank you so much for choosing us for your hotel needs. Thank you so much for your very detailed review of the hotel. We use guest feedback to make changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Have stayed here twice, while visiting family, and each time we were happy with the accommodations, staff and breakfast. The rooms are clean and spacious, and the beds are comfortable. The pool is a nice extra, as is the work out area. Coffee and tea are always available in the lobby. All in all, a very positive experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Richmond West at I-64, VA, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear gigi,

Thank you for telling us about your visit. We appreciate all of your comments about the hotel. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your time. We hope that you may consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Had a quick trip to Richmond and this hotel is close to the Fire Training academy that I was going to. It was a good experience, room was clean, front desk was prompt in greeting us and processing our check-in and check out. The manager called my room to see if I had any problem with noise from a room below, and I had not. He had a complaint from someone, and it was good that he was following up on that issue. Monday breakfast was disappointing. I did not go down until a little after 9am, and most everything was gone, or not very appetizing. More food was made after another group came in about 5 minutes later.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Rich,

Thank you for telling us about your visit. We appreciate your comments and concerns. Thank you for telling us about the breakfast service. We are sorry that you were not completely satisfied. We use guest feedback to make the necessary changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Richmond

Reviewed 12 March 2014

On the way to Massanutten and stopped off for the night. Great price and room was large enough for our family of five. Nice free breakfast in the morning too. We didn't have the chance to experience the indoor pool or workout room but it was nice that they were available.

• Stayed: March 2014
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Richmond West at I-64, VA, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Gmoneynbc,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that we could accommodate you and your family. We are glad you all enjoyed your room and the breakfast service.
Thank you for your comments. We will pass them on to our staff. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Came here from suburban inn across the parking lot. That place was a nightmare! This place was so clean, as an asthma sufferer who just stayed in a hotel that wreaked like dogs and smoke, I looked around, took a deep breath, and could breathe easy again. The breakfast was surprisingly really good and had a ton of options. Free (good!) coffee and tea in the lobby 24/7 and free cookies up front that my three year old loved! I'm just so happy about how meticulously clean our room, and the hotel, overall was. Customer service was great and pleasant. I also loved how updated and nice everything looked, and the pool was pretty nice too!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Matt,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us, and that we could accommodate you. We really value all guest feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed all that we had to offer. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Country Inn & Suites Richmond