Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Ranked #24 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights to visit Richmond. Our gps/sat nav took us more or less to the location, with advice taken from previous comments about the hotel not being on the Main Street, we found it quite easily.
Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. We had requested two rooms next to each other and this was what we got.
The breakfast was included and worked well for us. Gladys was a star and is a great asset to the hotel team.
We did not use the pool, but it looked ok.
Great location for attractions and restaurants. Highly recommend buz & neds.
Would we stay here again - yes we would.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Marpel,

Thank you for telling us about your visit. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us. We hope you enjoyed your visit to Richmond. We are so glad that you enjoyed all the hotel has to offer. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Our experience at Carlson hotels has been largely positive. This facility meets average or above-average standards, but it is in a strange location. As other reviewers have pointed out, the signage is difficult to spot and the hotel is set on the back of a lot - - with a large building between it and the main thoroughfare. The good news is: it's clean, quiet and convenient to a number of Richmond locations.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Bob,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the hotel. Thank you for choosing us for your hotel needs. Thank you for telling us your concerns about the location of the hotel. We value all guest feedback. It allows us to make changes to the hotel to make it better for you, and future guests to the hotel. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Nice, clean, good breakfast (the usual stuff plus scrambled eggs, sausage and fried potatoes), comfy room, nice bathroom....and at a good price. Receptionist Chardonnay was especially helpful, but really they all were.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Amanda,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you chose us for your hotel needs. We are so glad that you enjoyed the breakfast service. Thank you also for your thoughts about the staff members. We will be sure to pass this feedback on to our staff. Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I couldn't have been happier with my stay here! I booked online and check-in was a breeze. The office clerk was kind and professional. The king bed was perfectly comfortable, as were the pillows. The television had a decent selection of channels. The bathroom was well equipped with the usual- soap, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. The iron in the room worked great. All linens seemed fresh and clean. The breakfast wasn't really anything spectacular- but overall this was a great experience.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KevinC2007

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We really appreciate all of your feedback. We really appreciate all of our business travelers. We are so glad that we could accommodate you. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel is located on a busy street and is set back off the road behind other buildings. You have to look for it because the sign is hard to find. We were able to get to downtown easily from this hotel as well as the interstate. We were in room 319 and it was okay except for some black mold the size of a 50 cent piece on the ceiling, it was the first thing we saw when we went to bed and when we woke up. It's hard to believe that housekeepiing does not see this as well as the mold in the shower. I left a note for them to check it out because it's disgusting and it's easy to clean. Seems the whole room could use a good cleaning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ccc1055
Crystal L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank your for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your most recent stay at The Country Inn & Suites Richmond West. I have shared your comments with maintenance and housekeeping and we are correcting the issue. We currently have that room being serviced and maintenance is working on removing and repatching the ceiling. It customers like you that take the time to provide us with feedback so we can fine tune our operations. We have also spoke to housekeeping department to bring those to our attention before the room is rented to future guest. We would like to invite you back to our hotel so you can see how your feedback was used and allows the opportunity to gain your business back.I would be pleased to discuss this with you further, at a time that is convenient to you. Once again, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel to discover that I was 20 minutes by car from the conference I was attending. I didn't have a car. Even though this wasn't their fault they allowed me to cancel my 6 night reservation and only charged me for one day which was absolutely fair. The front desk manager, Jennifer, was excellent to work with and very responsive to my emails. Well done! I will definitely choose Country Inn in the future because good customer service is rare.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the review of our customer service. We are so sorry that you were not able to stay and enjoy what the hotel has to offer. We hope that you will choose us again in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed here two nights, while my wife was having a medical procedure at MCV. The close proximity to I-64 interchange to get downtown was a consideration in our choice of hotels. We had a nice-size room with 2 double beds, a desk and chair with both wired and wireless internet that worked very well. Also, included was a mini-fridge & micro-zap. Room had a large bathroom with full length vanity and shower/tub combination. Everything was clean, and except for inconsiderate other residents slamming doors shut both morning & night, the room on the 3rd floor next to the emergency stairs was very quiet. The breakfast room is a little small, but we easily got a table both mornings. The fare while not as expansive as some other motels we've stayed at had plenty of choices: oatmeal, dry cereal, fruit, make your own waffles, sausage,eggs, ham, french toast, milk, juices, coffee(all day in lobby), sweet rolls,and biscuits, etc. The property was clean inside and out, and had plenty of free parking. It's a little difficult to find the hotel, as it sits about a city block off Broad Street, down a driveway past the Piccadilly cafeteria. I found coming from down town to turn right on Hungry Springs road, go to the first traffic light and turn left takes you right up behind the motel, and there's a sign on the street to guide you in. By the way, there's a truly great family-run Greek Italian restaurant right across the street in the Westland SC call Nick's Roman Terrace. Otherwise, up and down Broad there's restaurants and stores galore, and the Short Pump mall is just a couple of miles farther West on Broad Street. We'll definitely consider staying here again next time, and maybe then use the indoor pool and Jacuzzi.

Room Tip: I like a room on the top floor for the quiet. You're far enough off Broad to not have traffic no...