“Clean,Comfortable,well-situated hotel in West Richmond”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Ranked #24 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Macon, North Carolina
“Clean,Comfortable,well-situated hotel in West Richmond”
Reviewed 1 May 2010

Just a short distance off I-64,on Broad Street which will take you all the way through downtown, and a few blocks in from Parham Road which can connect you to I-95 South of Richmond and I-95 North of Richmond,this hotel gives you easy access to the City of Richmond. It sits a block off of Broad Street, so look for Hooters Restaurant and turn on to the road next to it which will lead you to the Inn's parking lot. Everything was clean,big room with small refrig & microzap,big flat screen TV, coffee maker, work desk with free internet connection, and also wireless internet. Breakfast had 2 hot items(eggs and sausage), a waffle maker,yogurt,4 cereals,juice,coffee,milk bagels,danish,sweet rolls,toast and 2 kinds of muffins. Also, cookies were served in the evening at the front desk.Both the pool and hot tub were clean.In addition to the Hooters mentioned , there are all kinds of restaurants in a short distance up and down Broad Street.Staff was friendly at check-in.Bathroom was clean with the usual accessories.Plenty of free parking in front and on 1 side.Very definitely a good value,for a night of rest. We will stay there again on our next overnight in Richmond.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Virginia
Reviewed 24 April 2010

We chose this hotel based on the high ratings and the fact that it was on the west side of Richmond (we were coming from the west). The hotel is sparkling new and we had no complaints about service. Since we were only staying one night, I did not book a suite or ask for a microwave. However, the online description said there was a fridge but we didn't have one; not a problem for such a short stay.

Our room was on the first floor and we were awakened early by the sounds of other guests closing doors and moving about. Also I was unimpressed by the breakfast bar and wound up eating at a nearby restaurant (Friendly's) in order to get something that didn't contain milk or wheat. An employee said that the breakfast is going to change soon; they should serve grits because this is Richmond, after all!

The hotel is non-smoking which probably helps it stay clean and fresh.

The location is okay, surrounded by sprawl but convenient to restaurants. Misled by the Broad Street address, we had trouble spotting the hotel because it was behind a mega furniture store and the sign on Broad Street is small. If you enter via Shrader Street you will not have this problem.

We were in RIchmond for Garden Week. We drove to Westover Plantation which is almost an hour away and in a different world of serene beauty. I ignored my GPS and stayed on I-64 until I saw the "James River Plantations" sign and that worked out fine. I've been to that area before and highly recommend it; the plantations offer history, natural beauty, architecture, and a slower pace of life that is delightful even for a short visit. Richmond itself is busy and can be stressful to navigate but is rich in history and culture. Civil War buffs should allow several days in Richmond; there is a lot to see.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 April 2010

While visiting the University of Richmond, we had an enjoyable stay at the Country Inn and Suites. Quite frankly, it was the best nights sleep I've had at any hotel I've stayed in--the beds were very comfortable, the room was quiet, and the amenities were good. The room as well as the entire hotel was very clean. The staff was friendly and courteous, not to mention, efficient--I tried calling down for a wake up call and had trouble with the phone and within a minute someone was at the door asking how they could help. The breakfast was a big hit with my son who really enjoyed making his own waffles. With a price of $89.00 a night, no one could ask for anything more.

• Stayed April 2010
New Jersey
Reviewed 14 April 2010

Front Desk help-Crystal- was very helpful with information and items needed for our stay

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Fort Worth
Reviewed 1 April 2010

We stayed here on a business trip. This hotel is much nicer than the others in the area. It was clean with comfortable beds. The management and staff were top notch. They make you feel at home. I will absolutely stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 21 March 2010

Due to a snow storm heading our way we left a day earlier on our vacation to Williamsburg and needed a hotel at the last minute. We decided to stop in Richmond for the night and booked a room at this Country Inn and Suites. Check-in was very fast and the staff was very friendly. The hotel and our room was nice and clean. Comfortable beds also. The location was nice and close to restaraunts. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 23 September 2009

This is a fairly average hotel tucked off the main drag of Richmond,virginia. It is new and the rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. My room came equipped with both a little refrigerator and a microwave. The bed was a bit soft for my taste. As my room was located on the first floor, there was just an ugly parking lot view. The curtains have blackout liners so lights from the cars was not an issue. However the walls were thinand I could hear the people next door talking and using the shower. The free internet worked well but the tv was limited. the business center featured to computers and printers. The free printing was appreciated.

The complimentary breakfast is adequate but not exciting. There are some hot items including do it yourself waffles and then an alternating hot entree. The first morning it was bisquits and gravy, the second scrambled eggs and sausage. Additonallyt here was the usual juice, coffee, tea, yogurt, assortment of cold cereals, danish and bagels.

There is no restaurant on the premises but plenty within a short distance. The bulk are chains and fast food joints with a few local places filling the many plazas along West Broad Street.

The staff is very friendly, particuarly thefront desk clerk Crystal. She does know her local eateries and attractions.

This was a fairly pedestrian hotel elevated by the friendliness of the staff. The hotel is conveniently located to I-95 and is just off 64. I had no trouble navigating the city using this hotel as a starting point.

• Stayed September 2009