“Some of the best service I have ever experienced with a hotel”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64
Ranked #24 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Louisville, Kentucky
“Some of the best service I have ever experienced with a hotel”
Reviewed 7 August 2010

The hotel staff was absolutely amazing!! We came to this hotel from a terrible experience at a hotel down the street (terrible rooms, dirty, etc.). As we were finding a new place to stay, we saw the Country Inn and Suites on W. Broad and decided to check and see their availability. We explained to the front desk worker that we had just come from such an awful hotel, and she not only provided us a room, but also gave us a reduced rate! When we got into the room, there were a couple of dirt stains on the floor. We asked them about these stains and they told us a baseball team had just stayed in the hotel and they were in the process of cleaning and shampooing all the carpets. They apologized for the dirt and then upgraded us to a suite. We had a very pleasant stay here, and I plan to stay there again in the near future. Thank you for such wonderful hospitality!

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank bicey13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 2 August 2010

I'm in my late 30's traveling with a 3 and 5 year old and my husband. The only thing I didn't like about this hotel is that I thought it was right off of 95 (I expected to be able to see it from 95), but that is not the case. It's a few miles away - but worth it! Sooo clean and nicely decorated. We stayed in a 1-bedroom suite and it was so nice! Everything is so clean and nicely decorated. The sheets are soft, and the comforters are heavy and soft. High quality everything. The indoor pool was nice (a little chilly though), and the hot tub was great. Breakfast was ok - the basics - could stand a little more hot items. We stayed at this location twice on our trip to Myrtle Beach, SC from Philadelphia. It was our half way point. We would definitely recommend this hotel. You will not be disappointed. Oh, and loved the noon check out! Not many hotels have such a late check out time! Oh, and my children loved the fresh baked cookies at the check in desk on our arrival.

Troy, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We really enjoyed our first experience staying at the Country Inn. The room was spacious and the lovely furniture made you feel like home. All personnel went out of their way to accomodate our needs. The hot continental breakfast was very impressive leaving our entire family satisfied for the morning and afternoon...they even had fresh baked cookies upon entering the lobby. Everything was spotless! My only complaint was poor signage to find the Inn. Our GPS told us we were "there", but we couldn't see the Inn from the road! It was especially hard on us after traveling 9 hours and arriving in the dark. It would have helped to have a sign on the highway indicating where to turn. It was located behind Hooters and sandwiched between a Quality Inn (which we could see from the road) and a Service Hotel.

Boca Raton
Reviewed 8 July 2010

If you are tourists visiting Richmond, not sure there is a reason to stay here. While it's nice and the service was fine, not in the middle of anything for tourists. In general all amenities are in good shape and breakfast was OK, althought the help seemed to have an attitude that we were a bother rather than a client.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
mayushmehta, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64, responded to this review, 26 July 2010
I apologize you were unable to find something that suites your interest in the vicinity of our hotel. We would be more than happy to help you plan activities for your future stay, if you would like to call in advance and let us know type of places you are most interested in visiting. Regarding the breakfast host, I do apologize and I would like to let you know that we have replaced that individual. From our new personnel you will be receiving the caliber of service you expect from any Country Inns & Suites By Carlson staff.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 6 July 2010

my stay her good the staff Liz and Nevis was excellent- being that i'm in the customer service field my expectations are higher because i deliver what i want to receive.. i actually had left part of my luggage there! and when i called them they were aware and just needed my info to send them to me & it was no cost!!! to me!! wow.. Liz was very very very helpful i ended up needing an extra room and she took are of it for me . i suggest staying here even though i didn't get to use amenities cause of my short stay but anytime Richmond is on my destination list i will be always faithful to them....

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 4 July 2010

We upgraded to a small suite and the room was excellent. Staff was helpful and friendly. Enjoyed the breakfast. This was an excellent value for the rate.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Baltimore,MD.
Reviewed 22 June 2010

The hotel was clean,well kept,with comfortable bed,pleasant decor, very good housekeeping staff performance,nice basic exercise room and pool. The parking was free and convenient, breakfast included and front desk staff polite and helpful. Fine value for
the money.