“Great Weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Frederick, MD
“Great Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed at this location from Friday, 9/6 thru Sunday, 09/08. This is our first time staying at a Hampton Inn. Check in went very smooth, our room was ready early and the Front Desk Clerk was very friendly. The room was clean and spacious and met our expectations. The breakfast area was nice and we loved the many selections you are given for breakfast. Only downside was the fire alarm going off at 5:45 am on Saturday due to a guest smoking in their Non-Smoking room. All the guests seem to take it all in stride posing for pictures standing by the fire equipment to posing with the actual fire fighters. All in all this was a great experience and we will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sangeeta_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for sharing your review on the TripAdvisor Site.
We are truly inspired by your kind words of appreciation and we all look forward to your return.
Regards,
Sangeeta Vahal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Richmond, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

I requested 100% cotton sheets because I have terrible allergic reaction to polyester and the accommodation was not made. Every hotel I have been to before gladly made the accommodation but for some reason this hotel did not care about my health issue.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for patronizing The Hampton Inn Richmond South!
I apologize that your request for cotton sheets was not taken care of immediately. We appreciate your feedback and for giving us the opportunity to take care of you during your second visit with us!!
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back!
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stay at this property for approximately two weeks while traveling on business. During my stay at this hotel, my room was not cleaned multiple times! Even after complaining to front desk staff after the first time, it still continued to happen. This has never happened to me in all of my years of traveling. Location is terrible-there is nothing around. The only eating choices are a Subway and a small restaurant located at the Holiday Inn across the street. The only positive to the location is that it is close to the highway.The other reviews mention the noise level, this is a problem. The back of the hotel faces the interstate and the front of the hotel faces a busy road with lots of tractor trailer traffic. If you are not a heavy sleeper, this may be a problem. I have mixed reviews on the hotel staff. There were a couple of associates that were very friendly and tried to be accommodating. Others were slightly rude and seemed to care less about our issues. The rooms are average Hampton quality and the hotel is clean. The breakfast area is very nice and the food is what you would come to expect from any Hampton. I will definitely explore other options when visiting this area again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank chuckcmcn
Dear Sir,
We really appreciate your comments - inspires us to do better. As promised to you earlier today we will deliver your expectations on your next visit with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Sangeeta Vahal
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

The breakfast is good, the staff are friendly. The building is in good shape, there is plenty of free parking. My reserve unit contracts with this hotel. The bed is comfortable. Having slept in wooden shacks in Afghanistan, and plenty of old poorly insulated WWII barracks, I like this place.

Stayed August 2013
Sangeeta_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
We are very delighted to know you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Richmond. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you!!! Do come back and see us again!!!
Wilmington, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

No cold water in bathroom and noise level outside kept us awake. Also, the room was very small and no chair to sit in to watch TV. The staff tried to help us, brought us bottled water and different pillows as well. Location was not good, very noisy with trucks.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am very sorry to hear about your recent experience at our hotel. I cannot apologize enough for the whole experience as it was unacceptable. The cold water issue is currently under maintenance for the room you were in.
Ms. Maseker I cannot express enough how sorry I am about the whole experience as you should have not had to go through this. We expect to provide you with a clean and comfortable stay every time and in this instance we failed to meet your expectations. As part of our 100% satisfaction guarantee I would like to comp your stay. I will go ahead and credit your card on file Please feel free to call or email me with questions or concerns.
We value your continued loyalty towards the Hilton brand and I hope you will stay with us again and get to experience the way it should have been.
Sincerely
General Manager and Hampton Inn Team
Hampton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I always stay at the Hampton Inn while traveling I am ensured that I will have a hot breakfast and fabulous coffee in the morning. I love Hampton Inn I will continue to stay with this Hotel while traveling.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Lanham, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I have found Hampton Inn to be very consistent. Clean, comfortable rooms and breakfast as a bonus! My last Hampton Inn stay didn't have a pool, frig or microwave. But I was pleasantly surprised that this one had all three! I was told that each Hampton Inn is independently owned and each owner decides on the amenities. The elevator was out when I arrived and I had to walk up to the 5th floor - fortunately John carried my bags. But 15 minutes later it had been repaired when I was ready to go back down.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sangeeta_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Candlewood Suites Richmond-South
Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
Hampton Inn Richmond-Midlothian Turnpike
Hampton Inn Chester
Hampton Inn Chester
#1 of 14 in Chester

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond South? Share your experiences!