“Needed the location!!”

Ranked #30 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Virginia Beach, United States
“Needed the location!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Nice and clean, breakfest was good. experienced an issue with a table lamp and it was not resolved during my stay. Old fashion internet cable in room. on table with non-working lamp. Service was great, everyone was very nice and tried to be helpful offered office outside of room. I needed to use my laptop.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sangeeta_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for the review on tripadvisor about your recent experience at the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the service and breakfast layout at the hotel. I am extremely apologetic about the desk lamp not working during the stay.
The issue has been addressed with the maintenance personnel to avoid future occurence. I can assure you that your experience will be used to make sure it does not happen again. Please accept my sincere apologies for the entire experience. Please do come back and see us again!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fernandina Beach, Fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

This was the last Hampton on our trip, and as usual it was a good pick, easy to get to. accommodating staff. we didn't have reservations, but this wasn't a problem at all. My only complaint was being placed on the floor with a girls volleyball team they were a little loud, but it didn't keep me from sleeping. breakfast wasn't up to Hampton's usual standards but was just ok.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.We are glad that you enjoyed a pleasant experience with us. I apologise that we were not able to accomodate you on a floor away from the team as we did not have more choices in terms of availability that evening and that you were not completely satisfied with the breakfast choices. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again in the near future. We will do our level best to accomodate your requests.
Thanks once again for your review!!
Wallingford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

We had a great overnight stay and found the hotel in one of the hotel magazines as you enter Virginia at the Welcome Center. We were driving from Florida back to Ct. A new hotel, great room, bed, internet, flat screen TV,very clean, and an excellent breakfast bar. How can you beat it for $79 a night plus tax!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sangeeta_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, where so many travelers visit to find out more about potential hotel choices. We are glad that you enjoyed a pleasant experience with us, and hope that you will return to our hotel again!!!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

This Hampton Inn is just like all the others we stay in - clean and comfortable. It was easy to get to from the interstate and the price was good. Staff was friendly on arrival, at breakfast, and at checkout. The breakfast was the usual (scrambled eggs, bacon, French toast, cereals, yogurt, pastries, waffles, etc - a wide selection and all fresh).

My only complaint about this stay was that there were 2 fairly large bugs in our room that I needed to take care of. I found this unusual as I have never had this problem at a Hampton Inn before. I mentioned it to the front desk as I checked out and the woman was surprised, apologetic, and did comp us the room (which I did not feel was necessary, but was appreciated).

In spite of the bugs, I would stay here again on a future trip south.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy31748
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. I want to apologise about the inconvenience caused to you during your recent visit and would like to assure you that it will not happen again.
We have trained our housekeeping personnel to inspect rooms thoroughly prior to renting to avoid future situations like these.
Please be rest assured we value you as our loyal guest and are committed to provide clean and comfortable stay to you. Thank you again for being our guest and we hope to see you soon!!
tundra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband and I have stayed here twice in the past year while visiting family in Richmond. Both stays we enjoyed this little Hampton. Nice location to hop on and off I-95. Rooms are clean, comfortable beds and good service. They do a good job with the complimentary breakfast and have both hot and cold options, coffee in lobby was welcoming. Truck Traffic can be heard at times, request a rear facing room to avoid this
There is a subway next door and McDonalds across the street if you need a quick bite. We did visit the subway this past visit and they couldn't be nicer and food was subway usual fresh and good for fast food.
The staff was very polite,friendly and helpful. We will be sure to stay here on our next visit. This would be a great stop over on your way further south.

Room Tip: request a room along back of hotel that faces rear parking lot, they are quieter, the truck traffic...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Check in was pleasant and fast. We went to a sparkling room with a comfortable bed and a clean bathroom. The pool was warm and enjoyable despite being cold outside. The staff is warm and friendly and the breakfast was a nice treat. It had omelets or scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, bread products, muffins, orange and apple juice and fresh oatmeal. Fresh and cooked to perfection with a nice cup of coffee to finish it off. Had an enjoyable stay. I would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Charleston, WV, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed here several times between Nov. and Dec. 2013. My father was recently diagnosed with cancer and we had to make several long trips from WV to the VA hospital in Richmond for prep and surgery. The staff was supportive and helpful to me and my family during this time. It became my home away from home for most of Dec. and over Christmas. While things did not go as well as we had hoped with my fathers prognosis, the staff made our stay as good as possible.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review on the site and we appreciate your kind gesture. We are so glad to know the location suits your needs and makes it easier for travel. Please do come back and see us again!!
Wish you good health and thank you again for staying with us at the Hampton Inn!!!