“Staff Always Willing to Please and Accomidate”

Hampton Inn Richmond South
Ranked #29 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I would definitely stay here again. The staff was very accommodating. They were there to answer any questions or issues with transportation! There was a woman, serving breakfast. I was unable to eat the egg dish so she prepared a dish I could eat. Thank You so very much!! The staff, came to our table to let us know our taxi was there to take my co-worker and I to the airport. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sangeeta_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, where so many travelers visit to find out more about potential hotel choices. We are glad that you enjoyed a pleasant experience with us, and hope that you will return to our hotel again!!!
Thanks once again for your kind words of appreciation for the team members as they appreciate it a lot and will always look forward to welcome you back as our loyal guest!!

Reviewed 5 February 2014

The staff bent over backwards to make our stay perfect. I would stay there again. The location was perfect for what we had to do in Richmond. Just can't say enough about the staff. They all were so kind to us.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, where so many travelers visit to find out more about potential hotel choices. We are glad that you enjoyed a pleasant experience with us. I have shared your experience with the staff and we they really appreciate your kind gesture!!!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Nice and clean, breakfest was good. experienced an issue with a table lamp and it was not resolved during my stay. Old fashion internet cable in room. on table with non-working lamp. Service was great, everyone was very nice and tried to be helpful offered office outside of room. I needed to use my laptop.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sangeeta_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for the review on tripadvisor about your recent experience at the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the service and breakfast layout at the hotel. I am extremely apologetic about the desk lamp not working during the stay.
The issue has been addressed with the maintenance personnel to avoid future occurence. I can assure you that your experience will be used to make sure it does not happen again. Please accept my sincere apologies for the entire experience. Please do come back and see us again!!!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

This was the last Hampton on our trip, and as usual it was a good pick, easy to get to. accommodating staff. we didn't have reservations, but this wasn't a problem at all. My only complaint was being placed on the floor with a girls volleyball team they were a little loud, but it didn't keep me from sleeping. breakfast wasn't up to Hampton's usual standards but was just ok.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.We are glad that you enjoyed a pleasant experience with us. I apologise that we were not able to accomodate you on a floor away from the team as we did not have more choices in terms of availability that evening and that you were not completely satisfied with the breakfast choices. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again in the near future. We will do our level best to accomodate your requests.
Thanks once again for your review!!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We had a great overnight stay and found the hotel in one of the hotel magazines as you enter Virginia at the Welcome Center. We were driving from Florida back to Ct. A new hotel, great room, bed, internet, flat screen TV,very clean, and an excellent breakfast bar. How can you beat it for $79 a night plus tax!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Sangeeta_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Reviewed 8 January 2014

This Hampton Inn is just like all the others we stay in - clean and comfortable. It was easy to get to from the interstate and the price was good. Staff was friendly on arrival, at breakfast, and at checkout. The breakfast was the usual (scrambled eggs, bacon, French toast, cereals, yogurt, pastries, waffles, etc - a wide selection and all fresh).

My only complaint about this stay was that there were 2 fairly large bugs in our room that I needed to take care of. I found this unusual as I have never had this problem at a Hampton Inn before. I mentioned it to the front desk as I checked out and the woman was surprised, apologetic, and did comp us the room (which I did not feel was necessary, but was appreciated).

In spite of the bugs, I would stay here again on a future trip south.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy31748

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. I want to apologise about the inconvenience caused to you during your recent visit and would like to assure you that it will not happen again.
We have trained our housekeeping personnel to inspect rooms thoroughly prior to renting to avoid future situations like these.
Please be rest assured we value you as our loyal guest and are committed to provide clean and comfortable stay to you. Thank you again for being our guest and we hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband and I have stayed here twice in the past year while visiting family in Richmond. Both stays we enjoyed this little Hampton. Nice location to hop on and off I-95. Rooms are clean, comfortable beds and good service. They do a good job with the complimentary breakfast and have both hot and cold options, coffee in lobby was welcoming. Truck Traffic can be heard at times, request a rear facing room to avoid this
There is a subway next door and McDonalds across the street if you need a quick bite. We did visit the subway this past visit and they couldn't be nicer and food was subway usual fresh and good for fast food.
The staff was very polite,friendly and helpful. We will be sure to stay here on our next visit. This would be a great stop over on your way further south.

Room Tip: request a room along back of hotel that faces rear parking lot, they are quieter, the truck traffic...