“FANTASTIC STAY”

Ranked #29 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Saint Augustine, United States
“FANTASTIC STAY”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I would recommend this Hampton Inn to anyone! The rooms were clean and well kept. The free breakfast offered a wide variety of hot and cold foods, and was open until 10am. The pool was wonderful. The location is right off the freeway, so easy access. The front desk staff, housekeeping staff, and food area staff were all very, very friendly and helpful. I have absolutely nothing negative to say and would definitely return to this Hampton Inn.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sangeeta_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words of gesture. The team at Hampton Inn really appreciates that a lot and it gives us pleasure to know that you have thoroughly enjoyed your time with us!!! Please do come back and see us again!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bridgeport, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This hotel was nice overall and actually appeared to be relatively new. The staff was courteous and smiled anytime we encountered them, although we didn't need anything after checking in.

The room was comfortable, clean and nicely decorated. The only drawback was that Interstate 95 was right outside our window and a truck stop was close by. I was awakened numerous times each night by the sound of Jake brakes being applied as the trucks exited the highway and coming out of a sound sleep, I mistook some of them for incoming helicopters. For my trips where I can pick my hotel, I always avoid being close to highways and truck stops, but that wasn't an option for me on this one.

Breakfast was adequate with typical hotel food and slow refills to the selections. I opted to take my daughter to a breakfast restaurant instead of us forcing down what was offered at the hotel. The cost was a bit higher than I thought it should be, but this was one of those events that mandated using the tournament travel agency. We always have to pay more, presumably to cover all the payoffs associated with mandating the use of an agency instead of allowing participants to book for themselves.

Overall, I would consider staying here again if it were for one night and I could get a room on the street side instead of on the highway.

Room Tip: Try for a high floor away from the highway, vending & elevators. The less traffic going by your...
3 Thank SoccerTournaments
I really appreciate your feedback on trip advisor and sharing your experience with millions of other travelers. You have not only taken the time to express it to everyone but more than anything you have been amazingly patient and understanding. You have taken it upon yourself to express what a traveler to our hotel will always look for. So I want to thank you for that and also would love to accommodate your suggestions kindly to help us make everyone's travel easy and comfortable. So thank you once again for doing that!!! Next time you travel in Richmond I would love to have you back as our valuable guest!!
Last but not the least me and my team would like to apologize to you for any inconvenience caused during your stay!! Have a great rest of the week!
Connecticut
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I've stayed in a number of Hampton Inns. This one was very nice - at least the rooms. I did not explore the facilities. The room was spacious, large bathroom, nice surfaces of granite, and plenty of room for our three people's bags. AC worked well as it was a warm day. The beds were quite comfortable.

Parking was not a problem. Free Breakfast was decent - bagles and toast, bananas and apples, oatmeal that was not terribly gloppy with almonds, cranberry/raisins and brown sugar topping, small yogurts, scrambled eggs (decent) and turkey sausage (ok). They have a decent size breakfast area with a nice, high bar/table that some folks used one night as an impromptu cocktail lounge before we went to dinner. We stayed two nights.

There is not much immediately around except a subway next door but as we expected to drive (to soccer fields and dinner) it was not a problem.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so very much for sharing your experience on trip advisor. I am so happy to hear that the accommodations suited your needs and we were able to make your stay comfortable. We take extreme pride in making your experience here a memorable one. Yes we do not have a choice of eating facility in the vicinity however there are several options that are available within 10 minute drive. Do come back and see us again!!!
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The room was clean and well stocked. Room smelled fresh. Breakfast was a little lacking but I didn't leave feeling hungry or unsatisfied. Overall good experience, would definitely stay again and recommend to others!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sangeeta_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor, where so many travelers visit to find out more about potential hotel choices. We are glad that you enjoyed a pleasant experience with us and found the location convenient for your needs. Please do come back and visit us again!!
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Do not stay at this hotel! I had a change of plans and booked this hotel without researching it. After driving all day, I just wanted to settle into a room and to be able to get something to eat. The only place to get something to eat is a Subway next door or the Grill at the Holiday Inn across the street (six lanes of traffic to cross). The Grill has mixed reviews, so I settled for Subway. The room is an average hotel room, nothing special. The room I was first put in did not have a working TV. I tried calling the front desk but there was no response to any of the call numbers on the room phone. Trying to reach anyone, I even used the button labeled 'emergency' - no one even answered that, which was alarming. I went down to the front desk and the person there, Meghan, came up, fiddled with the TV and said it was not working. She told me my new room key would be brought up. After

15 minutes, I went back down to the desk with my luggage to get the key. About an hour later, I
realized I left my jacket in the closet in the first room. I went to the front desk and left a note at because no one was there. I called down after a half hour and was told by Meghan that she would take care of it after she finished checking another customer in. A half hour after that, I called again because I wanted to go to sleep. Meghan complained that she was all alone and busy but finally came up with my jacket and an attitude. The traffic noise is loud on both sides
of the building. One side faces Commerce St., the other side faces I-95. Both have continuous
truck traffic. I travel frequently but I won't stay at a Hampton Inn again. Apparently, customer service doesn't matter if their hotels are only staffed with one person .

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank lb2014lb
Sangeeta_GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your experience. We appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. We value your feedback and will strive to provide you with the exceptional product and excellent customer service.
The front desk associate in question has been counseled as we believe in prioritizing our guest needs and at the same time ensure each and every guest in contact receives the same due attention. Please accept my sincere apologies for not delivering that to you during this stay. You are a very valuable guest and you should not have had to go through that in the first instance. I do believe strongly in exceptional and diligent guest service with a professional attitude at all times.
We are close to the highway that promotes easy access to many of our travelers and even though we are situated in an industrial area we have several recommendations for local restaurants within 5 miles that provide sumptuous meals and outstanding service which are available at the desk. The only reason we have survived through this day is because of our service and I am extremely proud of our product Have a great day!!
Capitol Heights, Maryland, USA
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I had to travel to Richmond, VA for a funeral and a cousin of mine suggested this hotel as this is one of their getaway spots. I reserved the room online and when we got there to check in, it was less than a 5 minute check in!!! I couldn't believe this especially after such a long day traveling and then of course the funeral. It was refreshing to get there and then be taken care of so quickly and did I mention that the hotel is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. My sister was in love with the bathroom! All in all I will be returning to this hotel when I return for our family reunion in July.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed a pleasant check in experience with us. The staff appreciates your kind gesture and it gives us utmost pleasure to help our guests have a comfortable stay. Please do come back and see us again!!
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Comfortable beds, clean rooms. The breakfast this morning was almost non-existent. The pantry area was messy and the woman serving seemed frazzled. She told me the food order would be in tomorrow. Overall, not up to Hampton Inn's usual standards.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time share your experience on tripadvisor. You feedback is extremely important to us and makes us strive to do better.
Please be assured we are very consistent and follow Hampton standards for breakfast. Breakfast is one of our favorite unique selling feature and enjoyed by our guests. I apologise that this was not potrayed to you during this visit. The breakfast host has been retrained to follow the expectations. Thank you for staying with us again!!!!