“Don't stay here!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Around
“Don't stay here!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2010

Where to begin!? Like other reviewers said, noise from 95 is unreal, and I'm not a light sleeper and I wasn't even on the side of the building facing I95!

Front desk girl literally walked away during check in to go clock out and leave! The other kid who was there was on the phone and had no clue what was going on when he got off the phone. Not his fault by all means, but who the hell trained that girl!?

King bed room only had 2 pillows, which isn't a Hilton standard. There were only bath towels, no hand or wash cloths, floors had not been vaccumed and bathroom floors looked dirty. When we went to the front desk to get towels and a extra pillow the young man from the front desk was joking around with what seemed to be a friend, not a guest in the business center. Can we say UNPROFESSIONAL!?

The only "okay" part of the trip was the breakfast lady who gave my 3 year old some crayons- although she never even spoke to us.

This hotel has a ton of issues. Just because a hotel is brand new and "modern" does not, in anyway, make it nice.

Don't waste your money!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JustAScallyWag
SVadgama, Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, 25 January 2011
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than your expectation and offer you my profound apology. The noise from the road that affacted your sleep was largely due to some pot holes on one section of the road. You will be amazed to hear that our rooms facing the I-95 are very quiet and comfortable. Furthermore, our ipod compatible alarm clock radios also feature soothing nature sounds for pleasant and restful sleep.

We have recently undergone intensive training with all of our associates to ensure that we maintain the highest standards and deliver impeccable guest service that you come to expect from a Hilton brand of hotels. I assure you we have received positive feedbacks from our guests as a result. Thank you for sharing your concerns and we hope that you will give us another opportunity in the very near future

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Harrisburg, Pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2010

I read several reviews about the fact that this hotel is located between a highway and a local major road and that the resultant road noise is higher than desired. I stayed in a room nearer to the local road and though the noise was slightly detectable, it was completed drowned out by the heater / AC fan unit in our room. Not that the fan was noisey beyond expectation, but my judgement is that the road noise is not that apparent.
The room was very clean and spacious, which I did finding surprising. The free breakfast bar had a large number of items, and the dining area was large, not like some hotels that advertise free breakfast but only provide two or three tables. Although only a overnight stay, it was a relaxing visit just the same.
Note: I think a lot of the restaurants are at least five miles north of the hotel, unless you want something simple in which case there is a Subway next door.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PrinceMba, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, 18 November 2011
We love having your family with us.Please come back to enjoy our new breakfast menu which now includes complete oatmeal.Many of our guests love it and I am sure you will too.

Prince Mba
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

This was a stop over trip for one night, and turned out to be a nice stay. The hotel is fairly new and was not busy during our stay. The folks at the front desk were extremely helpful and appeared concerned when we had any issues. This was not the case with most of our other hotel stays. The price was reasonable for the room.

There is not much around this hotel, especially restaurants. You will have to drive a few miles to find anything decent.

Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
PrinceMba, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
We truly appreciated your kind words and the opportunity to earn your trust and business.

Prince Mba
Picton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2010

clean, new hotel ; two queen beds very comfortable; said indoor heated pool - actual temp 74
buffet breakfast, very good and hot! ; 1 block from I-95 ; from our room I could hear some trucks; next time I will get a room on the other side of the hotel ; Wi-Fi not accessible on the 4th(top floor); used a room saver coupon and got the room for 69(breakfast included)/regular rate 129 according to the desk; free parking

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PrinceMba, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, 7 December 2012
We appreciated the opportunity to serve you.

harrisonburg va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2010

I got the room for 69.00 per night very nice hotel. huge rooms. the pool was just a little bit to cold. bed was nice.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PrinceMba, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond South, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
I am very glad to hear the kind words from you during your recent stay on August 16,2012.My team will be honored to welcome you back next time you are in our area.Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and your family.We love having you here,at Hampton Inn,Richmond south.

Prince Clement
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2010

well obviously this hotel is not the 5 star Jefferson in Richmond or a ritz carlton, but if you are looking for a nice, chic and cozy hotel then this is for you. I was travelling from atlanta to nyc and spent 2 days exploring richmond during my kids spring break.
the service was very good, rooms were clean and had flat screen tvs in them and bathrooms were meticulously clean.
all the amenities were modern and my 2 young children had a nice time in the heated pool indoor- which was also well kept after.
one thing i didnt like was there were no cups for water in the gym but that was probably because it was night and the maintenance forgot or something. but thats a minor thing.

overall i highly recommend this hotel as a stopover to relax from long road trips or just for sightseeing in richmond. it is convenient and affordable- just off 95 at exit 69 so no need to go in a lot.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Wow,please join us for a complimentary breakfast .Thanks for the kind words.

Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2010

One of the best things about this hotel is its location right off the interstate. Unfortunately that also means you hear through-traffic on one side of the building and commercial traffic on the other side. That said, I had no sleep problem on Saturday night when I was very tired. So, it probably depends on what your noise tolerance level is. There are three other hotel chains at this location, so if noise is your issue, I'd skip this exit entirely.
I had a room with a king size bed and it was very nice. There was a large flat screened TV and a large desk with free internet access. The room also came with a microwave and fridge (no freezer). The bathroom was very clean but had only a large shower rather than a tub.
A hot breakfast was served beginning at 6AM. I would stay away from the eggs. The first day I tried them, I figured they were dry because I arrived too late. The next day, I discovered that they just can't do eggs. Other than that, breakfast was OK. Subway and McDonald's are close enough to walk to, but don't expect anything remotely upscale unless you get back into your car and head on up the road.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for giving us the opportunity.

Clement
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Candlewood Suites Richmond-South
Holiday Inn Richmond South-Bells Road
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
Hampton Inn Richmond-Midlothian Turnpike
Hampton Inn Chester
Hampton Inn Chester
#1 of 14 in Chester

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond South? Share your experiences!