“A Gem in Richmond's West End”
Review of Eurasia Cafe and Wine Bar - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Gayton Road
Reviewed 4 June 2013

While recently attending my wife's college reunion in Richmond, we had the pleasure of dining with friends at Eurasia. The evening was perfect! Eurasia is conveniently located in the west end of Richmond on Gaskins Road. There's easy access from almost anywhere in the Richmond Metro area (via I-64 or Patterson Ave.) and parking is plentiful. Eurasia is a thoroughly professional operation. The ambience is light and friendly in the manor of a neighborhood bistro. The atmosphere is lively without being overwhelming. We were greeted promptly by Brandon the manager and seated at our table which was ready and waiting. Drink orders were taken without delay and quickly delivered. We shared a crisp French Sauvignon Blanc from the excellent wine list. Our server Suzanne was first rate and got everything right the first time even when some of our party requested some deviations from the menu items as normally prepared and served. The menu is varied and interesting with some familiar standards, several daily specials and also Asian inspired fusion items. Everyone in our party had no trouble filling their varied tastes. The food was perfect. Our own party enjoyed southern Caprese salad, beef tenderloin with risotto and grilled asparagus, lump crab cakes with fresh corn sauce and red beans and rice, and even the house burger with skinny fries (which the diner declared the best he ever had!). All were thoroughly delicious and only clean plates left our table. Kudos to Chef Will and his capable kitchen staff for a job very well done. Eurasia provided us an excellent dinner with excellent service at an excellent value. Whenever we are in Richmond we will be sure to enjoy Eurasia again.

There are newer reviews for Eurasia Cafe and Wine Bar

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Have been to Eurasia on several occasions and I'm never disappointed!

Especially like the small plates/appetizers - such as the spring rolls and pistachio encrusted lamb.

Better half loves the burgers and the shoestring fries - and good fries they are - you could order those alone!

Great bar - and often busy but not over crowded. Spring, Summer and Fall find the outdoor patio well used.

I would recommend it for couples, friends or business.....

Reviewed 5 February 2013

My wife and I recently took advantage of Eurasia's $50 off a $100 four course meal for 2. The food was good; I particularly like the spring rolls and their almond crème brulee. The coupon was obviously a good value and their wine list has some nice reasonably priced options. My only negative comments are that there is a very strong Thai cuisine influence on this menu. I like Thai, but I was expecting a bit more of a fusion style menu. The $50 off coupon limits you to their fixed price special coupon menu. I think that they are making a marketing error with this strategy; there were a number of other menu choices that I would have preferred to sample. We will likely give Eurasia another try so that we can eat off the regular menu.

1  Thank Captrdjr
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Eurasia is destined to become a mainstay in Richmond's west-end. It's in the Gayton Crossing Shopping Center near all kinds of other retail traffic and off a major street: Gaskins Road. The atmosphere is simple, clean, minimalist, but still cozy and w/a high-end feel. It perfectly suits the demographic of the area who don't want to trek to the Fan for a well-above average meal that is interestingly prepared and of moderate price. Specials run almost daily, the wines are excellent, the appetizers creative and fun. The staff is especially attentive, well-trained, responsive and laid-back. There is another Eurasia of same ownership in Virginia Beach, but we have never been there. We met the owner once at the Richmond location and he could not have been more pleasant -- immediately taking us to a table and personally fixing our fist drink! General Manager Brandon is also superb -- keeping the trains running on time, kitchen hopping and guests happy. I have dined here about 25 times, but have taken a few months off because I was burning out by going so much. It is possible to have too much of a good thing. The asian-fusion euro-continental cuisine is a mix of staples: pasta, steaks, seafood, mixed-grill...wedge salad, veggies of all types. Deserts are basic and generally light...they are not the star of the show -- the entrees and chalk-board specials are. Consider visiting their website or Facebook page to scan the menu and get a feel for the place. Whether it's special occassion or just a night out, I can't recommend this place more highly. With that said - no restaurant is perfect. And I've been on some imperfect nights -- but if you can roll with it, they can too and will make it right. That's what I love about restaurants committed to customer service and a quality product: they don't get defensive when they screw up. Paying customers have a right and almost an obligation to provide real-time feedback to management. Failure to do so does all of us a disservice. PS: Patio in spring and summer is nice addition! And reservations suggested.

1  Thank DBotkinsRichmond
Reviewed 13 December 2012 via mobile

My wife and I usually eat out on the weekends but we decided to dine out this Thursday . The atmosphere was elegant the staff was very attentive and very eager to serve. But the best part of our night was the food . My wife had the mushroom manicotti , and I tried the scallop special that was over the top . The scallops perfect & succulent , creamy bacon rissoto , and some sort of corn sauce that hit every level of deliciousness flavor was awesome , the pasta was very flavorful as well .. Would definitly recommend to anybody looking for good food in Richmond !