“One of the best meals of our trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing Restaurant

The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,594 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic, View, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing has brought award-winning dining to the banks of the James River. The restaurant occupies the top floor of the recently restored Power Plant building, which once provided electricity for Richmond’s fleet of trolley cars. The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing specializes in seafood as well as its signature wood-stone oven flatbreads. With indoor and outdoor dining, offering stunning views of the river and city skyline, The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing promises a truly one-of-a-kind, waterside dining experience never before available in Richmond.
Asheville, North Carolina
“One of the best meals of our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Came here on business with some coworkers and fell in love. Great location, phenomenal crab cakes, attentive service and half off wine on Wednesdays!

This place seemed to be popular with all demographics and would be a great restaurant for date night, drinks with friends or business. Highly recommended, though pricey.

Grafton, Virginia
“Excellent Fathers Day Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

We enjoyed a large family gathering of 10 people for a Fathers Day bunch. The food and service was excellent. Our server, Kelly, did a great job taking care of us during a very busy morning. The omelet bar was my choice and I was not disappointed. The setting overlooking the James River at Rocketts landing was very nice.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Richmond, Virginia
“Wonderful scenic views of the James (don't come for the food or service)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I took our 4 children here for lunch on the Saturday before father's day. I made a reservation requesting an outside table in advance. I was pleased when we arrived that they did seat us in a fabulous table outside. The view of the James River and downtown Richmond are fabulous from this place, however, the service was completely terrible. Our waiter didn't even come and greet us until we had been seated for well over 10 minutes. Our drinks took forever and the food took even longer to arrive. I ordered fish tacos and there was one very narrow, small piece of fish at the bottom. They were served with french fries and I was actually still hungry when I finished. None of our meals were even mentionable. My husband's dinner was suppose to come with a free beer in a keepsake mug and not only did we have to ask for the mug, but he charged us for the beer. At the end of the meal I had to send my oldest child to find him to get our check because we waited so long after we were done eating for him to return. This is a restaurant you have to say, yes I have been there, but there is really no reason to go back. I was thrilled we went for lunch and didn't have to pay for the overpriced dinners.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tennessee
“Great atmosphere, so so food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We had reservations for 8pm for a party of 7. The place was packed inside and out in a Wednesday, so we had high hopes.

However, service was extremely slow and spotty. We got appetizers delivered before drinks. Two of 7 of our entrees were entered in incorrectly and we got those entrees 10 min after the other five.

Crab cakes were dry and fell apart- definitely not worth it.

The star of the dinner was the ahi tuna appetizer with the cabbage slaw- really flavorful and great presentation.

I'd come back here for a drink at the bar and maybe an appetizer, but I wasn't impressed by dinner.

Quechee, Vermont
“Wedding and Reception Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Al I can say is it was EXCEPTIONAL. Job Well Done. From Laura to the waite staff and Bartenders everyone was Great... A Beautiful Day and Evening. A Great Place for a wedding and Reception...

• Visited April 2014