“consistently very good ...”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Ranked #51 of 1,602 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located on Robious Road at the Shoppes at Belvedere. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour every Monday thru Friday 4PM - 7PM and Saturday & Sunday 1-5PM in the FIREBAR(R) and on the Patio. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Richmond, Virginia
“consistently very good ...”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stop in here often for business lunch and get consistently very good service and food at a fair price. They change the menu seasonally to keep things fresh and the complimentary bread is always fresh and tasty. They will send you regular e-mail notices for specials coinciding with holidays, Mother's day, Valentines, etc.
1/2 price appetizers and draft specials are nice too.

4.5 stars.

• Visited June 2014

Tampa, Florida
““Great Lunch””
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stopped in for lunch while traveling through Richmond. For a chain restaurant, the food was excellent. Great lunch menu and kids menu. The staff was courteous and the food arrived quickly. The atmosphere was very comfortable.

• Visited July 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Lunch”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I took his 92 year old Aunt out to lunch. restaurant was not crowded. Food was good for a chain. We sat for 2 hours and the staff was very accomodating.

Visited June 2014
Midlothian, Virginia
“Best Restaurant in RIC”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

WOW!!! This restaurant goes over and beyond to make their guests feel special!! It was a special evening for my family and not only did the server treat us like we were celebrities but the manager came by with a hand written card for us that had all of the servers signature on it!!! He also brought a creme brûlée cheesecake and told us to enjoy! It was so generous and kind of the staff to treat us this way! Now to the food: Hot, fresh, enjoyable!!! From the cold salad plates, chilled forks to the perfectly plated filet and shrimp and russet loaded baked potato...amazing!!! The server was knowledgeable, prompt and courteous as she walked my mother to the restroom!!! I can't wait to go back and I will be telling more about our experience!!! Way to go Firebirds!!!!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank AngeHC2014
Greenwood, Indiana
“Good Food - Good Service!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We met our nephew and his wife at Firebirds for lunch, it being close to her work place.
We were greeted cordially and seated promptly. The decor is "steak house" consistent with the name and was pleasant.
I ordered Steak au Poivre while my wife chose the chicken salad, asking for extra dried cranberries.
The salad was excellent and our server provided a generous side dish with additional "craisins." My steak was cooked perfectly (two small sirloins totally about 8 oz) and sliced into nice thin pieces. One of the two steaks was a little chewy but the other was very nice. The accompanying golden mashed potatoes were tasty as well but a little dry. I saw no crushed pepper corns on the steak but the server added some at my request when he asked my wife if she wanted pepper - I have never seen steak au poivre (steak with pepper) served without visible pepper. Our server brough some butter with which I "creamed" the mashed potatoes to a nice consistency.
Service was good but not great. I'd make the same comment regarding the food - good but not great. Our experience was consistent with our expectations and we would definitely return.

• Visited May 2014