“Nice hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Virginia
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed in this hotel for one night. Very clean (hotel seems fairly new), the service is good. Ordered room service for breakfast the next morning, right on time. Nice hotel, will stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

The Hilton in Richmond is one of the nicest and newest hotels in the Glen Allen area. I’ve stayed at several and none of them are as nice. The rooms are spacious with nice furnishings and there is an attached parking garage. It’s also located next to Short Pump mall, which has nice shops and restaurants.

I stay at this hotel, because it’s a preferred hotel of my company, it’s one of the nicest in the area and because it offers the most Hilton bonus points (I’m gold). However, I really don’t enjoy dealing with the staff.

I’ve experienced issues during every trip. I come to Richmond quite a bit for work and travel for business frequently in general. Either the room at this Hilton isn’t clean (I won’t get into details, but can be very gross) or they don’t put me in the room I request.

The “extras” are very inconsistent. Sometimes I’ll get a robe, turndown service, access to the Executive lounge and/or free breakfast. Other times, I get some or none of these things. When I ask for them or why I didn’t get them, the staff gets frustrated (as if it’s my fault they can’t be consistent). They have never offered to give me anything for any troubles I experienced. They reluctantly will give free breakfast when I've had several issues during a stay and ask them outright for it.

They also, strangely enough, pre-assign every guest into a room. I don’t know if they try to take into account the preferences I’ve made, but they definitely get irritated when I ask for a different room than the one they assigned (because they’ve assigned one that’s not based on my preferences). They always act like they have no rooms at all to move me into, even when the parking lot is not full.

There is no differentiated customer service being gold. Despite having stayed at this particular hotel and in the Hilton brand quite often, they treat me at the hotel as if I’ve never stayed before and they don’t mind if I never come back.

Like I said, it’s a nice hotel, but don’t expect much service from the staff. You’ll be disappointed, especially if you have are Hilton Gold or Diamond.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank sk1996
CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

We stayed one night here as we brought our son down to U of R. We usually stay at the country inn and suites or embassy suites closer to the school but decided to check out this hotel. Glad we did, this was a step up in elegance and quietness than the other hotels. The desk personnel were so kind and helpful, we need to go to a nearby resturant and the hotel offered to drive us there and pick us up when we were done. Very classy. There is a Shulas on site, out of our price range for that night but might be nice another time. The morning breakfast was excellent, cooked to order food and other buffet type, not cheap but nice once in awhile. Its in a great location with the short pump mall very close by. We may not stay here all the time when we are down there buts its nice to be pampered every now and then!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CtFamilyman
Roanoke, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

The power went out at the hotel for a full 24 hours during the stay. We had to go buy flashlights and candles just to see down the hall to be safe. The elevator was working half the time. 2 of the 3 were out multiple times. I was told "since the restaurant and bar was open, there was going to be no discount on the room". So full price was charged for a hotel without WIFI, lights, power, and hot water. Extremely cheap if something goes wrong on their end. Also, we sent an email to book a spa treatment, no return call and upon checkout was told it was booked for the next two days. One final note, Shula's was a good steak but service was average and price was $120 without drinks for 2. A large amounts of dogs all around as well.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dwayne r
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

This hotel is absolutely gorgeous. The rooms are pitch black once the shades are drawn, and the rooms also hinder outside noises. The service and staff are possibly this hotel's best features. They are sure to greet you every time they see you.. We will definitely return to this lovely hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sperkins15
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

I recently stayed at the Hilton for a business conference and thought it was wonderful. The hotel is fairly new and just lovely. The rooms were large, very clean and comfortable. Located in the hotel is a spa , great bar, Shula's restaurant and a Starbucs. The staff and food were both amazing. It is in a great location (short pump) with a mall a block away and other shops/stores every where you look. Overall, it was a fabulous place to have a conference! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visting the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank NoVaFamily4
Virginia, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

I stayed at this Hilton hotel back in March for a conference, and I was very happy with it. Very comfortable, clean rooms and bathrooms, room service available. Hotel amenities also include a notable restaurant, a bistro, free parking, an indoor swimming pool, spa, and exercise room. Pool was rather shallow, but good for swimming laps. The meeting rooms were well-sized overall, making for a convenient conference. I consider the hotel location a plus, because it is in a nice suburb outside of Richmond. This means there is great shopping nearby, without the crowds and bustle of a hotel in the middle of Richmond. A great place, and I hope to stay here again when I am in the Richmond area.

• Stayed March 2011