“Very pleasant stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Arlington, VA
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed here for one night while in town for an interview. My absolute favorite was the beds. So comfortable!! The rooms are spacious, clean, and modern. Coffee was pretty good for in-room coffee. Rooms service breakfast was awesome- I had an omelette with bacon and hash browns- the good kind of hash browns, not the frozen stuff- and was brought a full pot of coffee and the newspaper. The people at the front desk were super friendly and helpful and told me all of their favorite spots to check out in town. The hotel is also right next to a big shopping mall and there are a ton of restaurants and shops nearby. Overall a really great stay and can't think anything bad to say, except it is a little far from downtown if that's what you're looking for.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Chrissy P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Hotel staff were outstanding...especially Daniel, the bellman. Room was good but had challenges getting the room cooled. AC wasn't the best. Good restaurant for breakfast--has a nice buffet and made to order omelets. The hike comes when you're in the attached convention center. If you need to use a rest room...build in the time to walk over to the furthest corner of the hotel from the convention center. If there were restrooms closer...they were not well identified.

Cab fare to airport will be about $75 including tip; From train station will be about $35 including tip.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
ny
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Have stayed here numerous times and have always had a wonderful stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I had the pleasure to stay at this hotel and found it to be excellent. From the moment I walked in, I was "wowed" with the hotel and the service. The staff was extremely friendly & helpful. The rooms were very nice with plenty of room & the beds were very comfortable. Shula's Restaurant served the best steak I've ever had and the service was top notch. I made time to enjoy a treatment at the Aura Spa & was pleased with it. I can see why this hotel is rated 4 Diamond & can't wait to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank gumdrop12
NT
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Always stay here at this lovely hotel when I am in town. Staff is always very helpful and friendly. Great atmosphere.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sue M
Jersey City
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I normally stay at this hotel because it is usually nice and comfortable. Unfortunately on my last stay I was attacked by bedbugs, I was working late at night in the bed and some movement caught my attention, I found at least 3 bugs moving around at leasst 2 had already sucked my blood. I trapped the ones I found and called the front desk. An employee came to my room, I showed them the bugs and I showed them that more could be found under the mattress. He apologized for the inconvenience and moved me to a different room. In the morning when I went to the front desk and asked about the issue, they told me that I probably mistook the bugs for beetles which he said is a common occurrance, I told him that I had caught the insects and showed them to the night person and showed him the bug bites I git and then he said he would look into it and would let me know but in a very dismissive way. I never heard from them after that. When I checked out the same person told me they were still investigating, but never ever acknowledged they had a problem. Needless to say I am not returning there.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank Nelly S
HiltonRichmond, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We certainly apologize for the uncomfortable experience you had. We do not have a common problem with pests of any variety so were caught off guard when we found out the predicament in your room. We did contact the pest control company who came right out to address the issue and have since given us a clean bill of health. I understand you have spoken with our Front Office Manager since you checked out. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to call on me directly.

Best regards,

Devin Heath
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Stayed here for a nice weekend get a way. The rooms are so nice. The beds are comfortable as any I have ever slept in. The staff was polite and helpful. The location is great. Anything you need is close at hand. Great place to get away from the humdrum of everyday life.

• Stayed March 2012