“Cute for a Couple”

GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Cute for a Couple”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

My husband and I recently celebrated our 5th year wedding anniversary in Richmond, Va. We chose to stay at the Hiltion in Short Pump since it has a spa in the hotel, which by the way, was included in our "Couples Memories" package. The bottle of champagne + fruit & cheese platter that was waiting in our room for us were yum. We enjoyed noshing when we returned to from the pool. Watching my husband swim gave me such a joy! The jacuzzi was also a nice jolt to the heart. The spa was very calming. We enjoyed our massages and the ambiance. The hotel overall provided us with great accommodations and top service so that we could unwind, relax and enjoy each other's company. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for making us your host of choice for this wonderful occasion. Many many Congratulations and heart-filled wishes!

We maintain a bulletin board at the hotel where we post every Trip Advisor review we receive so all staff can see what our guests are saying about their experiences. You can rest assured that your title "Cute for Couple" will find a place of honor on our bulletin board! This is awesome feedback for our hard-working team. Thank you so much for your appreciation and feedback and we look forward to continuing the saga of making unforgettable moments for you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Hotel service was excellent. I arrived quite early but was checked in immediately with no issues. The room was well appointed, quiet and comfortable. The executive level rooms are a good value with a well stocked lounge and breakfast included.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Maureen S
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind words of recommendation and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your arrival experience with us. The Staff at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa take great pride in being “unrivaled” in all aspects of our hospitality and your endorsements are truly gratifying. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Richmond.
Fairfax, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I had the opportunity to stay here for 3 nights and the experience was very pleasant. The rooms were clean, the beds super comfy, and the staff was incredibly helpful and kind. Everyone I encountered was nice and offered me help at every turn. I will be going back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Cheryl S
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your insights and experiences during your stay with the newest upscale hotel in Richmond offering world class amenities and top-notch service to the discerning traveler. Our appreciation of your heartwarming compliments to the Hilton Richmond & Spa cannot be overstated. I am pleased to know that our friendly and helpful staff made a lasting impression on you but I hope it will also serve as a reminder never to rest on our laurels.

Thank you once again and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon and often.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I've stayed at this property at least 10 times and they always take good care of me and assign me my favorite room and they treat you really special at this hotel. Nick deserves a shout out because he is very professional and always addresses me by name and handled the check in process quite efficiently. The property was impeccable and the staff is always friendly and when I mentioned to Nick, they are #5 in Richmond, he quickly corrected me and informed me the hotel is now #4 so they are reading their feeback and they are #1 in customer service in my book. The pool was comfortable and good for lap swimming. Johnny, the concierge always gives me tips on what's going on as far as entertainment and resturants and is always eager to greet me when I return. The maid service and turn down service were excellent although one of the maids took one of my shopping bags so had to pack tighter on the return trip!

I will definitely return to this hotel on my next visit to Richmond and I am a fairly regular visitor to town and if it is Civil War related, you can probably bet I'll be in town!

Thanks again for the wonderful staff at this hotel. It's comforting to know that they will go out of their way to make Customer Service a #1 Priority.

Room Tip: It's worth the extra $ to stay on the Executive Floor because you get snacks, drinks and a nice...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank SmilingSteve4
Dear Reviewer,

It's great to hear that you had such an awesome experience at our hotel! As you have duly noted, the Staff at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa work relentlessly towards making ourselves better, faster, and more efficient yet continues to provide personalized service to our avid patrons such as you. I'm glad that Nick and Johnny have left lasting impressions in your mind. I am sure they will be thrilled to see their efforts recognized. I realize you have many lodging choices in Richmond and hope that you will continue to make Hilton Richmond your home away from home should your travels bring you back to the area. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.
new haven
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Hilton has always been our favorite hotel in the past. We stayed for one night at this hotel this summer. The room was okay- nice and clean. The next morning, we called the front desk for taxi to catch our morning flight. We were told that it was the hotel's special taxi service. It was 20-30 min distance and we were at the airport in 30 min. We did not pay much attention to the meter. To our surprise, we were charged for $72 – it was definitely over-charging. The meter was still moving even when the taxi stopped at the airport. We paid the taxi fee anyway, but were disappointed that the hotel was somehow connected with such a taxi service.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank karen h
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your comments and insights which we truly value. We are very disappointed that your experience was less than a perfect ‘5’. We strive for excellence in all aspects of the hospitality that we provide. While we could not have foreseen the high charges, normally we would reach out to multiple Taxi companies and schedule a call with the one that accepts reservations and has a reputation to be on time!

Rest assured, we have revisited our list of service providers that we do business with and certainly will use your constructive comments as guidance in improving the overall experiences for future guests and hope that you will be among those that return soon.

Meanwhile, if you would like to discuss your stay further, feel free to contact the hotel and ask for me personally.
Forest, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Fabulous hotel, spa, service, and security:) Always stay here when in Richmond, Va. Prices are a bit steep but overall an awesome hotel. Directly across from awesome Mexican restaurant. The bedding is magnificent and very clean. Reception area is a huge asset to this hotel! Always helpful and friendly!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

2 Thank Richelle J
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We were so impressed by the facilities and staff at the Hilton Richmond Hotel and Spa. Our room was in excellent condition, restaurants were great, & the staff was super friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back!
I also loved the noon check out time!....this was a great accommodation!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Marlena E
Thank you so much for such a great review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will visit again, soon. Please do not hesitate to contact us at the Hilton Richmond for your travel needs!

Best Regards,