“Amazing Value”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Stanley, United States
“Amazing Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I typically stay in downtown Richmond but this time we stayed in this property and I have to say it was a wonderful experience. First of all the location is great, perfectly near shopping or dining options but not part of a typical hectic city environment. Consequently parking was simple and close to the lobby as well. The ambience of the hotel drips with serenity and the rooms surprised me by their clean fresh opulence. The following week I stayed at a higher end property and paid double the rate and the furnishings were tired whereas the Hilton was fresh and well maintained. My only wish is that I had known my room did not have a tub. The shower was great but when I'm out of town I like to have a nice soak in the tub.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Michelle M
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Michelle M,

Thank you taking the time to share great feedback from your stay on TripAdvisor. You truly experienced the beauty, charm and genuine warmth of the Hilton hospitality.

The Staff at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa strives for excellence in all aspects of the hospitality that we provide and I am glad you noticed their efforts. Our location is certainly an aspect we like to brag about and our appreciation of your heartwarming compliments cannot be overstated.

At your earliest convenience, I would love the opportunity to discuss your stay further so I can update your profile to reflect that you prefer a bath tub in your room. That will certainly ensure an improved overall experience for you the next time you choose to stay with Hilton Worldwide.

Thank you again for your kind words of recommendation and we hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Richmond.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Waldorf, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

This hotel is amazing it has a wonderful location to shops and outside dining options. The rooms are more than spacious and clean. The customer service was lovely. The only thing was the dining in the hotel didn't match it's quality the Shulas steak house was underwhelming the food was cold and also it wasn't friendly to navigate for individuals with disabilities (pretty tight in there) also for the price it didn't match expectation. Though I would most definitely would stay here again I would probably eat elsewhere .

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Love2travel8319
Dear Love2travel8319 ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay. Although, I am pleased to learn that you felt the service was great, accommodations were pleasant and the staff was friendly and helpful, I am very disappointed that we failed to make you a fan of our upscale, fine-dining style Shula’s Steakhouse. I assure you that I have taken notes from your recap and would be addressing them with my entire Food & Beverage team.

Thank you again for your candor and I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further at your convenience. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally at 804-364-3600.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

This facility is in excellent condition. The rooms were very spacious, clean, and offered all the amenities you would expect. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Ample and convenient parking on site and near hotel Other meetings were occurring next to our room but the room was still rather quiet.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank L903EYkevinc
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences with us about your recent stay at the Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa! Our Staff strives to provide the best accommodations and service in the hospitality industry and is proud that our facility was chosen to host your conference. We are also glad to be able to exceed both your comfort and business expectations in one.

It truly pleases and humbles us to receive a “5-star” rating from you. Again, thank you for your feedback, and we hope you will continue to choose Hilton as your home away from home!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Spend a couple of nights on business but, they need to better their breakfast help. The rooms are ok for a Hilton Hotel and it's close to just about everything. We never eat dinner at Shulas due to the prices and we rather go out to get a better meal for a much better price . We have no choice for breakfast because it's usually included in the rate . All staff on the breakfast room seem to be hiding on the back room and for service you have to get up from your table to call for them. At one point today a guest got up and went behind the counter to cook her eggs until another guest had to tell her that a cook usually comes out to do that for her. The servers are only ready when is time to get your check which they bring it before you are done. Management should pay much more attention to this particular problem.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PRtraveler45
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear PRtraveler45,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay. I am sorry that the dining experience during your stay did not meet your expectations. The Hilton Short pump is known for its impeccable service and handy Staff who are always at your service. I recognize that this experience is certainly not what you have come to expect from a Hilton and I assure you, I have shared your candid comments with the entire Food & Beverage team.

While I wish you loved your stay with us, I am truly grateful that you have taken the time to tell us where you felt the hotel fell short of your expectations. Your feedback also serves as a true reminder never to rest on our laurels.

Please feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me personally if you would like to discuss your visit further.

Meanwhile, feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me personally if you would like to discuss your visit further.
klelmore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here a lot and usually loved it but our stay was not so good this time. We are gold members and have always had access to the executive lounge and had water in our rooms. I'm 8 months pregnant and when we got to our room and there was not water bottles, I asked my husband to go to executive lounge to get one for me. He tried but we didn't have access. When I called the front desk to inquire, the person who answered was not helpful at all nor concerned that we are loyal gold members. She said well, there are vending machines on the fourth, sixth or eighth floor that is your only option. Husband went to all three and none took dollars. So he had to go out to a store to get me water? Seriously? At 8 months pregnant and a gold member, no one can can help me get a bottle of water? We have always had excellent customer service at every Hilton including this one, not this time, very upsetting. The store in lobby was supposed to be open until 10 but was closed too at 8 when we arrived. The room was fine and clean but the customer service experience will cause us to not stay here again. If you can't look out for your gold members and one who is visibly very pregnant, that is a shame.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank kecompel
Dear Kecompel,

I am extremely disappointed to read your review in particular your impression of our staff. At your convenience I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience. Please feel free to contact me directly at 804-364-3600. Thank you so much.
Pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

The lobby of this hotel is "garhugeic" and cold and impersonal; too much marble and not enough warmth and no place to sit. The bell man walked over to our car to see if we needed help. He gets a star....we did! The rooms are large but, as usual, lack an adequate number of electrical outlets for phones, computers, etc. Our TV was screwed up but maintenance was here within minutes of the call and replaced the TV quickly. The elevator requires a hotel key card to go to the floors with rooms...good and bad...good for security but bad if you have hands full of items from the car. The coffee shop serves Starbucks but cannot accept my Starbucks card and my latte this morning was cold. Conference food was pretty bad. The only restaurant choice is Shula's which is just way too much money for a meal. If you cannot find a parking spot in the lot on the same side of the hotel as the entrance, park in the garage. Otherwise you have a very long walk as there is no back entrance to the hotel from the parking lot.

1 Thank BeasleyKRB
Dear BeasleyKRB,

Thank you for taking the time to share insights and comments from your recent stay at the Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa. We strive for excellence in all aspects of the hospitality that we provide and I am very sorry to learn that your experiences did not add up to a perfect ‘5’.

Rest assured, I will be reviewing your concerns with our entire team and be certain that they are addressed to improve the overall experiences of our future guests. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Really enjoyed our visit at the Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa in Short Pump, VA. Rooms were clean and bedding was very comfortable. Great location for shopping, dining and visiting the area. Will definitely recommend it to my family and friends!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ginger O
Dear Ginger O,

Greetings from Richmond, VA!

Thank you for taking the time and sharing how much you enjoyed the location of our hotel in the much sought after Short Pump shopping district. I am glad you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us. You have my sincere gratitude for your endorsements and I look forward to welcoming you soon should your travels bring you back to Richmond.