“Great stay at the Hilton Short Pump” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump
Ranked #2 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Suffolk, Virginia, USA
“Great stay at the Hilton Short Pump”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

My wife and I recently stayed 3 nights at the Hilton Short Pump as we were there for a conference. This hotel is in a great location, near the heart of the Short Pump area. The room was spacious and clean. The staff friendly and willing to help. The only really hiccups were that the room keys seem to de-magnetize very easily. We must have stopped at the front desk to get replacement keys at least 4 times during our stay. However, the situation was always dealt with quickly by the staff. Overall though, a good experience.

1 Thank Patrick241_10
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Patrick241_10,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review. We really appreciate the candid feedback. Although I am truly sorry to hear about your challenge with room keys, I am glad to hear that it was dealt with efficiently. I am very excited that you enjoyed your stay overall. Thanks also for recognizing my courteous and always attentive Team, our beautiful rooms and the unbeatable location.

Come back and see us soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed here a few weeks back and really enjoyed it. We were in the restaurant downstairs before having some drinks at the bar. Service was a little snooty at times but you kind of expect that when in a 4 Diamond Hilton, right? The surrounding Short Pump area has much to offer, restaurants and cafes, wine bars and great shopping. I just loved the cosmopolitan and decadence of the whole area! A great place to visit which tourists often overlook --which is a shame. Warm yet swish decor, seemingly brand-spanking new, attentive service -- including 24-hour room service (limited after hours!) and a concierge who really knows the area -- make this a great pick for the price.

Room Tip: Parking lot on one side and private residences on the other! Pretty much asking for a high floor is...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DaveStuff
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear DaveStuff,

Wow! To be recognized in this fashion sends a clear message that every effort put in by the Staff at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa is clearly visible to our distinguished guests such as YOU and that makes me not only proud but greatly humbled as well. I cannot thank you enough for this fantabulous 5 star review and for taking the time to share your awesome experience with our readers.

That is such a compliment to my staff and I.

Anxiously looking forward to your return.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

You may see many positive and enthusiastic reviews for this hotel. From my personal experience, they are accurate and real. In fact, they may be understated. This was the finest hotel I’ve ever experienced. The combination of the property itself, along with the people that bring it life have created an environment unlike anything I’ve enjoyed before. As a Diamond member with Hilton and Platinum with InterContinental and Marriott hotels, I’ve enjoyed many of them, but staying at this Hilton in Richmond for the second time now made me realize what I had been missing staying downtown and pushed me more than enough to leave my first TripAdvisor review.

If the mission of a hotel is to make a guest feel not only welcome, but loved, embraced, and elevated, then they exceed that mission here. Whatever training the hotel management provides the staff, they should bottle it and sell it to other luxury chains.

The facility itself is magnificent. Less like a hotel, more like you somehow got Brad and Angelina to let you stay at their place in Richmond. Everything about the structure is worthy of memories. The lobby is warm and inviting, yet still very cool and hip. It may seem like a contradiction, but it worked. The design is modern, contemporary and high tech without being cold and mechanical.

From the greeting I received getting out of the cab, to the welcome I got at the check in- I felt like I had achieved my dream of magically transforming into a celebrity for a day. The only difference was- the staff kept calling me by my actual name. So why were they treating me like I was the most beloved man on the planet? I thought that treatment would end at the front desk, and once I retreated to my room, I’d transform into simply “the guest in Room 705.”
That’s not the way it worked out. From the first moment where I was sent up a complimentary bottle of red wine, which was actually quite perfect, Sauvik made me realize this place was different.

THE SPA:

When I didn’t think the stay could get any better, I found myself in the hotel’s aptly named private spa, “AURA.”

I’ve been to dozens of spas and I can say without question that this was one of the nicest, calmest, most peaceful and well designed. Beautiful, soothing decor, warm and pleasant staff, a place that could calm down George Costanza ("Serenity NOW!"). However I was not prepared for the level of excellence I was about to receive. It was a transcendent experience. I nearly had an out of body hour, where my spirit was re-awakened and my soul re-energized. I felt like 100 pounds of pain, aches, troubles, anxiety, tensions, fears and concerns were eliminated from my physical being, and my life force was re-activated. As I walked off the table, I suddenly felt like I had the optimism of my youth- that all things were still possible, that love is truly the most important thing, and that human beings aren’t that bad after all. The terms “magical touch” and “laying on of hands” are bandied about and can become cliche’, but the effect of my massage was truly life changing.

My only regret about this hotel is that I had to leave it after 2 nights. I was scheduled for only one, but I've never been so thrilled to have an airline cancel my flight. I could have been stranded in someplace else or spend one more magnificent night at Hilton Richmond.

My advice- this hotel is a destination in itself. Treat yourself and a loved one to a weekend at this place. It's worth every penny.

Room Tip: It is true that they have poor cell service (Verizon) on odd-sided rooms. Request for one on the eve...
1 Thank Sara2kk
Dear Sara2kk,

My goodness- I feel like a King after reading your review- I also enjoyed a whole cup of coffee reading your overview!! I just wish every review was as phenomenal as yours- Thank you....thank you......thank you! I am very delighted to learn that Sauvik earned your endorsement by making your stay that much better. Thank you for recognizing him.

Please return soon- would love to meet you and your family. I hope you will make us your home away from home.
Suffolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I now stay here regularly. Very nice amenities, new property. Convenient to west end and downtown. Sauvik (front desk) is a pleasure to work with. Very well-suited for both corporate and personal travel needs.

Room Tip: 8th floor close to lounge
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DimiBarot
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear DimiBarot,

Thank you for your comments. We are lucky to have earned your endorsements! The Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa and its Staff have enjoyed some very stellar reviews for their top notch service. We pride ourselves on creating a truly unique hotel experience. I am so glad you agree! Thank you for recognizing Sauvik...we are lucky to have him on our team.

Our convenient location is definitely something we like to brag about as it allows our guests to get around and explore the city easily. Our goal is to provide a comfortable and relaxing environment while still offering anything the business traveler might need to stay productive.

Thank you again for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Buchanan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

very nice hotel, clean and quite rooms.. I thought it was a little bit pricey and the added cost for more then two in the room was not needed. but we did have a nice stay and the meeting room was nice..just a little bit to long of a room to see the screen..need a larger screen or multiple screen for all to view.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Joanne D
Dear Joanne D,

We are proud to have been the host of choice for your conference. I'm glad that you decided to stay with us! Thank you truly for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

One of the prettiest Hiltons I've stayed at in a long time! The location was perfect for our visit with relatives and it was close to stores and restaurants, too. We were on the Executive Floor and had the typical Gold Hilton HHonors amenities, including snacks before dinner time. But we chose to eat in the restaurant for breakfast because of my family member's food sensitivities - continental breakfast won't work for those. However, we found that the service in the restaurant was virtually NON-EXISTENT! We complained to the front desk and got the expected "we're so sorry", but it was the same every day - and actually the worst on the last day of our visit. That morning, we literally had to get up three or four times and walk back to the kitchen to ask where our food was, and each time we were told it was coming out soon. The final time, we learned that the cook had not even started cooking our order. We waited an hour! NO EXCUSE! Had it not already been comped, we would not have paid for it! Management needs to send someone in there to blindly test what happens - you won't be happy! Breakfast didn't spoil the whole stay. Enjoyed the turn-down service, the room was always clean and we were left fresh bottled water each day. The free parking was a perk and we were always able to find a spot right in front. Would probably stay here again, but hope the restaurant issues are cleared up by then.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank UTMom5
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear UTMom5 ,

Thank you so much for sharing your detailed observations about your recent stay on TripAdvisor. As pleased and thankful as I am to read your kind comments about the hotel and to know you will be back again, I am equally disappointed to learn about your breakfast experience.

While I wish I could undo the negative experience, I am truly grateful that you have taken the time to tell us where you felt the hotel fell short of your expectations. I have shared your candid comments about Shula's Steakhouse and Lounge with our entire Staff and rest assured we will strive to earn top marks on your next review.

Thank you again for your feedback. I will be sending you a separate email to communicate further with you.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I really enjoyed by stay at the Short-Pump Hilton. The rooms were lovely, staff very friendly and always willing to help. I can't wait to go back again!!! The hotel was in a very lovely location, excessable to the mall and great food. You could even walk to the mall. The shuttle bus was available to you if needed, I really like not having to drive anywere once I arrived. The bar are was a nice set up, drinks not very expensive and good. The food was good also. Again I will be back again real soon, it was my 1st time visiting short-pump and I had a great time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write to our viewers. We are grateful for your wonderful review and kind words regarding your expereince.

Please return soon and often so we can make new memories.