“Stay in Richmond, Va”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Spring Lake, United States
“Stay in Richmond, Va”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Great location with an award winning staff attentive to your every need. It's "Their Pleasure" to serve, and it shows. I would recommend anyone traveling through Richmond to choose this hotel and I plan to book my stays here whenever I'm in town.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank William F
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear William F,

Thank you for the lovely comments about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to read that you experienced the true Hilton hospitality! The Team at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa is the reason we stand strong and it gives me great pleasure to know that our guests appreciate their outstanding work as much as we do. I will be certain to share your kind words with everyone and we all look forward to welcoming you back in 2014!

Last but not the least, on behalf of the entire Team, I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and Warm Wishes for a wonderful Holiday Season and a very Happy New Year.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Port Haywood, United States
Reviewed 18 December 2013

The lobby is very inviting, as was the concierge. However, I would definitely make sure upon arrival to your room that you inspect it. For the price you pay to stay here it should be spotless, refreshing and exquisite.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Ann W
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Dear Ann W,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I am disappointed that your experience was less than perfect ‘5’. I particularly lament learning about your impression of our hotel's cleanliness standards. I am truly sorry.

We strive for excellence in all aspects of the hospitality that we provide. We certainly will use your candid comments as guidance in improving the overall experiences for future guests and hope that you will be among those that return soon.

Lastly, on behalf of the entire Team here at the Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa, I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and Warm Wishes for a wonderful Holiday Season and a very Happy New Year.
VIRGINIA BEACH
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Great service. Friendly staff. Quiet and clean accommodations. I appreciate the family feel to the hotel. Everyone on the staff is cheerful; they look you in the eye and thank you for staying at their hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank TheReg
Dear TheReg,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay.

I love that you said our Staff "looks you in the eye and thanks you".....it is a wonderful way to describe our teams effort. The Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa is passionate about enhancing your experience in any way that we can. So we would all like to thank you for your kind words of appreciation.

Thank you again and on behalf of the entire Team, I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and Warm Wishes for a wonderful Holiday Season and a very Happy New Year.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Let me first start by saying as a Diamond member with Hilton i have a pretty good idea of what to expect from a Hilton property. This Hilton is a step above and the staff truly went above and beyond with their hospitality and making my wife and I feel very special. My wife made several comments about how nice the staff was and how clean the hotel was. every person we came in contact with from the bellman at the door to the maid in the hallway were smiling, extremely nice and friendly asking us how our stay was. As Richmonders I wanted to do something special for my wife's birthday(who is 38 weeks pregnant) without having to leave town. I made a few requests with Sauvik Ghosh to surprise my wife and make the night even more special. Sauvik and his staff not only honored my requests but took it a step further with Chocolate covered strawberry's, platter of fruit and sparkling cider (pregnant wife) in the room waiting for us. thanks to this great hotel and staff my wife was able to really sit back, relax and enjoy her birthday. thanks for exemplifying what all Hilton property should be like.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David H
Dear David H,

Wow, I want to stay at the Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa also!!!!.

Thank you so very much for the very detailed overview. I am thrilled that you chose to stay with us on this auspiscious occasion and allowed us to be a part of the celebrations. The highest compliment is that " we exemplify what all Hilton properties should be like"! Such moments of truth are as sentimental to us as they are to you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your very kind remarks about Sauvik and his Team that i am so proud of. His terriffic guest-centric attitude is and continues to be a very positive influence on his Team. Glad he was able to help create memories. Come back and see him soon!!

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I often meet friends for lunch at The Shula's Restaurant in The Hilton/Short Pump. We are never disappointed in the food or the service. Our waitress is almost always Aquila. She has always been so warm and attentive to us. I would say that she is a wonderful asset to the hotel and restaurant. I had lunch yesterday and decided that I should let the powers that be know how much we appreciate such nice place to meet and what a good job that they have done with the choice of employees.

Janie H., Richmond, VA

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Janie H
Dear Janie H,

Thank you for taking a moment to share with the readers of Tripadvisor that you enjoyed your time here at the Shula's Steakhouse. Your appreciation for Aquila will be relayed to her and I will personally extend kudos to her for going above and beyond. She continues to be an invaluable talent for us. We value you as our loyal guest and look forward to serving your lodging needs again in the near future.

Wellesley, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Hilton Spa in Richmond feels like a boutique hotel. Good service, beautiful lobby, nice rooms and amenities. Avoid Shula's Steakhouse at all cost. It is grossly overpriced, poor quality of meals and generic feeling.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Azulado_01,

I am very sorry to read that you did not have a pleasant visit to Richmond and that we fell short on your dining experience. If you could please contact me personally as I would like to hear from you a little more about your experience. Thank you for writing in and I do look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

My husband and I took a anniversary trip to this amazing hotel. We were greeted at the door and everyone was over the top courteous and helpful. They even sent a few chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne after hearing it was our anniversary. The room was very comfortable and the amenities were wonderful. They have got a customer for life! We will never stay anywhere else while in Richmond.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barbswett
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Barbswett,

Thank you so much for sharing such a special experience with us - your anniversary! We are thrilled that you had such a memorable time and we look forward to welcoming you back for another celebration in the near future!