“Experience with Hotel - Excellent Service”

Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump
Ranked #4 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Richmond, Virginia
“Experience with Hotel - Excellent Service”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I've stayed at this property on Business for the last 3 years. This hotel is one of my favorite hotels in Richmond, VA. The rooms are spacious with good amenities. Great Property, Excellent Customer Service & great Hospitality, Ideal Location for evenings. Best place to stay on Business. Great value for money and many restaurants in and around the area in walking distance. I'd reccomend this property and don't stay at any other property.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank John R
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear John R,

Thank you for your kind words of recommendation and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The Staff at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa take great pride in being “unrivaled” in all aspects of our hospitality and your endorsements are truly gratifying. We hope to continue to be your home away from home!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We spent a night at this hotel to get out of Washington for a couple of days around my wife's birthday. The staff remembered her birthday and sent up a complimentary bottle of wine and desert. She had a wonderful spa experience while I took the kids to the pool. The hotel is very clean and up to date, and the rooms surprisingly spacious. The wait staff at breakfast was friendly and helpful. Although it's on a street of malls and shopping centers, it's very convenient to downtown Richmond, and there are plenty of restaurant choices in the vicinity.

2 Thank American_Abroad_12
Dear American_Abroad_12,

Thank you making us a part of the celebrations on your Wife's birthday and for taking the time to share how much you enjoyed the location of our hotel in the much sought after Short Pump shopping district. You have my sincere gratitude for your endorsements and I look forward to welcoming you soon should your travels bring you back to Richmond.
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We decided to try the Hilton since it was close to our home for New Year's Eve. They advertised a live band, dj and casino entertainment. There were a few glitches with microphone problems and not a lot of information once we got there about what was going on or where the food or casino was located, and some greedy guests from other tables took our champagne toasts from our table for their own (and we were not offered a glass when we reported that ours were taken, so we had no champagne toast!), however, overall it was a good experience. I hope they improve the service and hold it again next year. With some small improvements with service, it could easily be the best New Year's Eve in town.

Room Tip: Did not stay overnight
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ShawnVA
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Cassie2915,

As pleased and appreciative I am for your lustrous ratings for the New Years Eve gala, I am equally disheartened that our banquet services did not emboss the best of impressions. I will surely discuss your thoughts with the concerned teams to improve the overall experiences of our future guests. And YES!!! our NYE gala for 2015 would be bigger and better than ever with lots of positive changes based on invaluable feedback such as yours.

Meanwhile, feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me personally if you would like to discuss your visit further.
Rockaway, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed many times at this property on Business as well as with Family. This hotel is one of my favorite hotel in North America and I love to stay here every time I come to Richmond. The rooms are spacious with good amenities.

Great Property, Excellent Customer Service & great Hospitality,Ideal Location for evenings. Best place to stay on Business as well as with Family.

I'd reccomend this property and will come back again.

Room Tip: All rooms in the front and back has nice view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank tan r
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Tan R,

I am quite humbled to see your lovely note and more importantly so that it comes from our Best Guests, You! We are so proud to be your home away from home.

As our Diamond member, we know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and to earn such “GREAT” endorsements is truly gratifying. I just wish ever review would have such words that my Team associates with.

Thank you again for taking your valuable time to adding such wonderful comments on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again!
Herndon, VA
Reviewed 18 January 2014

For Xmas I received a weekend at this hotel to spend with my sister since we don't get much time alone together. The only reason I am giving this hotel 2 stars is because the room is gorgeous and I appreciated the bed linen's and pillows. Here is a breakdown of why this is such a BAD choice:
1. No cell service in the hotel, you have to go outside. I wanted to call my sister locally so I went to use the phone in the room, but they want to charge me .75 cents just to make a call when I can't use my cell!!!!
2. NO FAN IN THE BATHROOM??!!! What is this about? It's a new hotel, aren't fans expected in 2014?
3. No pay per view movies or on demand movies, even though it says so on the website.
4. We wanted to watch movies so my sister brought her Roku, but guess what........that would not work either.
5. Called customer service since we couldn't use Roku or on demand to ask for a DVD player, but guess what.........no DVD players!!
6. My gift came with the breakfast package, went downstairs at 10:30 (breakfast ends at 11:00) there was no belgian waffle like described, no one was manning the omelete bar the pre made scrambled eggs were old (I think they had been there since they opened). I asked the waitress for the belgian waffle and it took 20 minutes because they had already shut it down. Breakfast still had 1/2 hour to go!!!!! DO NOT get the breakfast package!
7. It is pet friendly, but it is almost all cement. There are only little strips of grass and bushes.
8. I checked out Sunday, called at 7 PM that night because I had left my favorite blouse in the closet. Customer service would not help me they said I had to call back tomorrow when lost and found was open. I called the next day and could only get lost and found's answering machine. I left a message and the voicemail says it would take up to 48 hours to get back to me. Who knows what could happen in between all this time!!!! I was furious so I called customer service back and demanded they help me.
9. The hotel stay for two nights was $405.61!!!

I have stayed in Richmond several times before and always stayed at the Comfort Inn. They are pet friendly, I can get an online rate of approx $65/night and it comes with a FREE breakfast that has the pancakes, sausage, eggs, bagels, pastries, cereal. The room is not as plush, but it is nice and definitely a better value for the money.

Unless you want to throw your money away, do not stay at the Richmond Hilton Hotel & Spa.

4 Thank stephangel
Dear Stephangel,

Thank you for taking time to share insights and comments from your recent stay at the Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa. We strive for excellence in all aspects of the hospitality that we provide and I am very sorry to learn that your experiences did not add up to a perfect ‘5’.

Rest assured, I will be reviewing your concerns with our entire Team and be certain that they are addressed to improve the overall experiences of our future guests. We are always looking for areas to improve and appreciate your candor in sharing them with us.

va
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed here for one night while attending a conference at the hotel. The location is perfect, right next to Short Pump Mall, and anything you could ever want to eat is on W. Broad St. Everyone from the doorman to the front desk personnel had pleasing personalities and it was great to be able to park in the garage(after checking in) and go straight up to your room.

If you want to treat yourself, dine at Shula's for dinner. While I didn't eat there during my trip this time, I have eaten at the one at Walt Disney World. The steak is out of this world!

Our meals were provided for us at the conference, so I can't vouch for the normal food. However, I was pleased to see that the room service menu had many affordable, as well as, some higher end items on it. I believe some of them were from Shula's. You can't go wrong with this hotel!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank seetheworld600
Dear Seetheworld600,

Thank you taking the time to share great feedback from your stay on TripAdvisor. You truly experienced the beauty, charm and genuine warmth of the Hilton hospitality.

The Staff at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa strives for excellence in all aspects of the hospitality that we provide and I am glad you noticed their efforts. Our location is certainly an aspect we like to brag about and our appreciation of your heartwarming compliments about Shula's Steakhouse cannot be overstated.

Thank you again for your kind words of recommendation and we hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Richmond.
Orlando, United States
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This hotel provides exceptional service, a warm and inviting atmosphere,and access to superb food and drink. Do Not miss the opportunity to visit Shula's steakhouse, and be sure to ask for Anders , who provides the best service I have ever had. I live in Orlando Florida and visit Richmond frequently. This place is #1 on my list.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Scott R
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Scott R,

Thank you so much taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Your headline, "Wow!!!" says it all and I am so glad you made it to our hotel and discovered firsthand what a special place it is. Thank you for sharing your wonderful tips, such as our undefeated Shula's Steakhouse - there are many other amenities that we offer to make the stay even more comfortable.

I'm glad that Anders has left a lasting impression in your mind. I am sure he will be thrilled to see his efforts recognized. I will certainly extend your Kudos to him.

I realize you have many lodging choices in Richmond and to be your #1 choice is quite gratifying. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again!