“wonderful service”

Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump
Ranked #3 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 January 2014

the staff here goes above and beyond to make your stay comfortable. the food in the lounge exceeded my expectations. they offer a great breakfast buffet. i noticed they were also pet friendly. this is good to know, as i often travel with my dog. will definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Kelli B
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Kelli B,

Thank you taking the time to share great feedback from your stay. You truly experienced the beauty, charm and genuine warmth of the Hilton culture. The Staff, as you noted, are what make Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa who we are. I'm so excited to learn that you noticed and enjoyed their upbeat service. Thank you for recognizing our undefeated Shula's Steakhouse & Lounge.

We take pride in being a pet friendly hotel and the Staff goes great lengths to take the hassle out of traveling with your beloved pals and make it less worry and more fun!

Come back soon and often for some new memories!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,146)

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed her on January 26, 2014 for a business meeting. What a great hotel! It's beautiful and very well maintained. Cushy and luscious bedding, a huge bathroom, coffee in room, big tv. I have no complaints about the room. I went to the bar and they had great Happy Hours specials between 2-7PM...try the asparagus appetizer, yum. The bartender, Lori, was really nice to talk with and made a great drink. The only negative that I have is the restaurant, Shulas, located inside the hotel. We went there with a group of 12 and the service was just awful and food just average. The smallest steak was $41 and sides start at $9. It took an hour and 15 minutes to get our food!! And then they didn't bring my side of crab mac and cheese. The server had the audacity to say to me, I brought out all of the sides that were ordered. NO, you didn't! And even if there was a mistake, just go get the side!! The wait and mistakes and average food made this a very expensive outing that I would not repeat. Other than the restaurant this property is a great place to stay. I would definitely stay here again. There is also LOTS of shopping and food really close by.

2  Thank celmo46
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Lisap44,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay on Trip Advisor. Thank you for recognizing Lori. She is indeed AWESOME!! To earn your description of a “Great Hotel!” is extremely humbling however, I am quite disappointed to read about your impression of our undefeated Shula’s Steakhouse.

At your convenience I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your dining experience. Please feel free to contact the hotel and ask for me personally.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I've stayed at this property on Business for the last 3 years. This hotel is one of my favorite hotels in Richmond, VA. The rooms are spacious with good amenities. Great Property, Excellent Customer Service & great Hospitality, Ideal Location for evenings. Best place to stay on Business. Great value for money and many restaurants in and around the area in walking distance. I'd reccomend this property and don't stay at any other property.

2  Thank John R

Dear John R,

Thank you for your kind words of recommendation and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The Staff at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa take great pride in being “unrivaled” in all aspects of our hospitality and your endorsements are truly gratifying. We hope to continue to be your home away from home!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We spent a night at this hotel to get out of Washington for a couple of days around my wife's birthday. The staff remembered her birthday and sent up a complimentary bottle of wine and desert. She had a wonderful spa experience while I took the kids to the pool. The hotel is very clean and up to date, and the rooms surprisingly spacious. The wait staff at breakfast was friendly and helpful. Although it's on a street of malls and shopping centers, it's very convenient to downtown Richmond, and there are plenty of restaurant choices in the vicinity.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank American_Abroad_12

Dear American_Abroad_12,

Thank you making us a part of the celebrations on your Wife's birthday and for taking the time to share how much you enjoyed the location of our hotel in the much sought after Short Pump shopping district. You have my sincere gratitude for your endorsements and I look forward to welcoming you soon should your travels bring you back to Richmond.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We decided to try the Hilton since it was close to our home for New Year's Eve. They advertised a live band, dj and casino entertainment. There were a few glitches with microphone problems and not a lot of information once we got there about what was going on or where the food or casino was located, and some greedy guests from other tables took our champagne toasts from our table for their own (and we were not offered a glass when we reported that ours were taken, so we had no champagne toast!), however, overall it was a good experience. I hope they improve the service and hold it again next year. With some small improvements with service, it could easily be the best New Year's Eve in town.

Room Tip: Did not stay overnight
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ShawnVA
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Cassie2915,

As pleased and appreciative I am for your lustrous ratings for the New Years Eve gala, I am equally disheartened that our banquet services did not emboss the best of impressions. I will surely discuss your thoughts with the concerned teams to improve the overall experiences of our future guests. And YES!!! our NYE gala for 2015 would be bigger and better than ever with lots of positive changes based on invaluable feedback such as yours.

Meanwhile, feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me personally if you would like to discuss your visit further.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed many times at this property on Business as well as with Family. This hotel is one of my favorite hotel in North America and I love to stay here every time I come to Richmond. The rooms are spacious with good amenities.

Great Property, Excellent Customer Service & great Hospitality,Ideal Location for evenings. Best place to stay on Business as well as with Family.

I'd reccomend this property and will come back again.

Room Tip: All rooms in the front and back has nice view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank tan r
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Tan R,

I am quite humbled to see your lovely note and more importantly so that it comes from our Best Guests, You! We are so proud to be your home away from home.

As our Diamond member, we know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and to earn such “GREAT” endorsements is truly gratifying. I just wish ever review would have such words that my Team associates with.

Thank you again for taking your valuable time to adding such wonderful comments on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

For Xmas I received a weekend at this hotel to spend with my sister since we don't get much time alone together. The only reason I am giving this hotel 2 stars is because the room is gorgeous and I appreciated the bed linen's and pillows. Here is a breakdown of why this is such a BAD choice:
1. No cell service in the hotel, you have to go outside. I wanted to call my sister locally so I went to use the phone in the room, but they want to charge me .75 cents just to make a call when I can't use my cell!!!!
2. NO FAN IN THE BATHROOM??!!! What is this about? It's a new hotel, aren't fans expected in 2014?
3. No pay per view movies or on demand movies, even though it says so on the website.
4. We wanted to watch movies so my sister brought her Roku, but guess what........that would not work either.
5. Called customer service since we couldn't use Roku or on demand to ask for a DVD player, but guess what.........no DVD players!!
6. My gift came with the breakfast package, went downstairs at 10:30 (breakfast ends at 11:00) there was no belgian waffle like described, no one was manning the omelete bar the pre made scrambled eggs were old (I think they had been there since they opened). I asked the waitress for the belgian waffle and it took 20 minutes because they had already shut it down. Breakfast still had 1/2 hour to go!!!!! DO NOT get the breakfast package!
7. It is pet friendly, but it is almost all cement. There are only little strips of grass and bushes.
8. I checked out Sunday, called at 7 PM that night because I had left my favorite blouse in the closet. Customer service would not help me they said I had to call back tomorrow when lost and found was open. I called the next day and could only get lost and found's answering machine. I left a message and the voicemail says it would take up to 48 hours to get back to me. Who knows what could happen in between all this time!!!! I was furious so I called customer service back and demanded they help me.
9. The hotel stay for two nights was $405.61!!!

I have stayed in Richmond several times before and always stayed at the Comfort Inn. They are pet friendly, I can get an online rate of approx $65/night and it comes with a FREE breakfast that has the pancakes, sausage, eggs, bagels, pastries, cereal. The room is not as plush, but it is nice and definitely a better value for the money.

Unless you want to throw your money away, do not stay at the Richmond Hilton Hotel & Spa.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank stephangel

Dear Stephangel,

Thank you for taking time to share insights and comments from your recent stay at the Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa. We strive for excellence in all aspects of the hospitality that we provide and I am very sorry to learn that your experiences did not add up to a perfect ‘5’.

Rest assured, I will be reviewing your concerns with our entire Team and be certain that they are addressed to improve the overall experiences of our future guests. We are always looking for areas to improve and appreciate your candor in sharing them with us.