“5 star retreat”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sarasota, Florida
“5 star retreat”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I travel about 40 plus weeks a year for work. I typically stay at another "brand" of hotel. The Hilton Richmond has me thinking about a possible switch. Amazing service. Super clean. Wonderful rooms. All in all - an amazing hotel. Thanks Hilton Richmond Hotel and Spa for making the start of a long travel week relaxing.

2 Thank educational-consult
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Educational-consult,

Thank you very much for not only staying with us but also for the very nice title of your review " 5 Star Retreat". It is indeed our Team that makes it all happen with their stellar service and I appreciate the points you brought out for our readers to enjoy. Please come back soon to your new home in Richmond! I look forward to it.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Chalfont, United States
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Each time I travel in the Staple Mills area I feel welcome by the front desk workers who are friendly, polite and very professional. This hotel is centrally located to many restaurants and a great mall.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Ailena S Mrs H
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear Ailena S Mrs H,

I hope you are doing well back home! Wow! I thank you so much for the high praises, and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. On behalf of the entire Hilton Richmond Team, we greatly appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, and efficient yet friendly Staff. We also thank you for helping us to spread the word about our stellar services and unbeatable location to other travelers. We are pleased to be your home away from home in Richmond and look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
christiansburg, United States
Reviewed 29 January 2014

the staff here goes above and beyond to make your stay comfortable. the food in the lounge exceeded my expectations. they offer a great breakfast buffet. i noticed they were also pet friendly. this is good to know, as i often travel with my dog. will definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Kelli B
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Kelli B,

Thank you taking the time to share great feedback from your stay. You truly experienced the beauty, charm and genuine warmth of the Hilton culture. The Staff, as you noted, are what make Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa who we are. I'm so excited to learn that you noticed and enjoyed their upbeat service. Thank you for recognizing our undefeated Shula's Steakhouse & Lounge.

We take pride in being a pet friendly hotel and the Staff goes great lengths to take the hassle out of traveling with your beloved pals and make it less worry and more fun!

Come back soon and often for some new memories!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed her on January 26, 2014 for a business meeting. What a great hotel! It's beautiful and very well maintained. Cushy and luscious bedding, a huge bathroom, coffee in room, big tv. I have no complaints about the room. I went to the bar and they had great Happy Hours specials between 2-7PM...try the asparagus appetizer, yum. The bartender, Lori, was really nice to talk with and made a great drink. The only negative that I have is the restaurant, Shulas, located inside the hotel. We went there with a group of 12 and the service was just awful and food just average. The smallest steak was $41 and sides start at $9. It took an hour and 15 minutes to get our food!! And then they didn't bring my side of crab mac and cheese. The server had the audacity to say to me, I brought out all of the sides that were ordered. NO, you didn't! And even if there was a mistake, just go get the side!! The wait and mistakes and average food made this a very expensive outing that I would not repeat. Other than the restaurant this property is a great place to stay. I would definitely stay here again. There is also LOTS of shopping and food really close by.

2 Thank celmo46
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Lisap44,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay on Trip Advisor. Thank you for recognizing Lori. She is indeed AWESOME!! To earn your description of a “Great Hotel!” is extremely humbling however, I am quite disappointed to read about your impression of our undefeated Shula’s Steakhouse.

At your convenience I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your dining experience. Please feel free to contact the hotel and ask for me personally.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I've stayed at this property on Business for the last 3 years. This hotel is one of my favorite hotels in Richmond, VA. The rooms are spacious with good amenities. Great Property, Excellent Customer Service & great Hospitality, Ideal Location for evenings. Best place to stay on Business. Great value for money and many restaurants in and around the area in walking distance. I'd reccomend this property and don't stay at any other property.

2 Thank John R
Dear John R,

Thank you for your kind words of recommendation and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The Staff at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa take great pride in being “unrivaled” in all aspects of our hospitality and your endorsements are truly gratifying. We hope to continue to be your home away from home!
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We spent a night at this hotel to get out of Washington for a couple of days around my wife's birthday. The staff remembered her birthday and sent up a complimentary bottle of wine and desert. She had a wonderful spa experience while I took the kids to the pool. The hotel is very clean and up to date, and the rooms surprisingly spacious. The wait staff at breakfast was friendly and helpful. Although it's on a street of malls and shopping centers, it's very convenient to downtown Richmond, and there are plenty of restaurant choices in the vicinity.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank American_Abroad_12
Dear American_Abroad_12,

Thank you making us a part of the celebrations on your Wife's birthday and for taking the time to share how much you enjoyed the location of our hotel in the much sought after Short Pump shopping district. You have my sincere gratitude for your endorsements and I look forward to welcoming you soon should your travels bring you back to Richmond.
Richmond, VA
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We decided to try the Hilton since it was close to our home for New Year's Eve. They advertised a live band, dj and casino entertainment. There were a few glitches with microphone problems and not a lot of information once we got there about what was going on or where the food or casino was located, and some greedy guests from other tables took our champagne toasts from our table for their own (and we were not offered a glass when we reported that ours were taken, so we had no champagne toast!), however, overall it was a good experience. I hope they improve the service and hold it again next year. With some small improvements with service, it could easily be the best New Year's Eve in town.

Room Tip: Did not stay overnight
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ShawnVA
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Cassie2915,

Thank you for taking time to share insights and comments from your recent stay at the Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa.

As pleased and appreciative I am for your lustrous ratings for the New Years Eve gala, I am equally disheartened that our banquet services did not emboss the best of impressions. I will surely discuss your thoughts with the concerned teams to improve the overall experiences of our future guests. And YES!!! our NYE gala for 2015 would be bigger and better than ever with lots of positive changes based on invaluable feedback such as yours.

Meanwhile, feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me personally if you would like to discuss your visit further.