“Snowstorm Haven!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chesterfield, United States
“Snowstorm Haven!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel during a three day snowstorm in order to be closer to work. Rooms were clean and the hotel was well staffed. Worth every penny! You will not be disappointed! The room was a great size and the food at the restaurant was great as well.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Paula H
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Paula H,

Thank you for your amazing review! "Worth every penny" sounds pretty good to me. I am so happy we were able to take such great care of you! We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed here for Valentine's weekend. The hotel is in a nice area, next to tons of shopping and restaurants- about 15 minutes west of downtown Richmond. It is 8 floors and there is a garage underneath if you don't care to park outside. We stayed on the 8th floor (hilton honors member). The room was nice. A little too "perfum-y". Don't know if that was a person who stayed in the room before us (and if so- way too much cologne) or the cleaning spray. The bathroom was very nice. No tub (fine by me) and probably the cleanest shower I've seen (that's very good). Toilet paper was thin (not Charmin for sure), but the towels were nicely sized. Room was standard Hilton room. I thought the bed was comfortable and plenty of pillows. They have a spa attached to the hotel, but didn't use it, so can't speak to that. They have a steakhouse (Shula's - aka Don Shula) which is their restaurant/bar. Overall, it is a nice hotel. No complaints.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chamdex
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Chamdex,

Thank you so much for celebrating Valentine's Day weekend with us and taking the time to comment on your stay. Although, I am pleased to see your appreciation of our beautiful facility and unbeatable location, I am very disappointed that we failed to make your experience a perfect '5'.

While I wish you loved your stay with us, I would be truly grateful if, perhaps, you would be so kind to tell us where you felt the hotel fell short of your expectations and what we could have done differently to make your stay better. We welcome feedback with open arms and would greatly appreciate your candor. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally at 804-364-3600. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I am a Lifetime Platium with one of your competitor. My Family and I have enjoyed this week because first the room was very clean, second your staff was very, very friendly and Professional. The Hostess "Doreen" at Shula's made us very welcome. We are here because of medical emergency and will be back. Thanks for making us feel welcome .

Room Tip: A high quality place to stay. great atmosphere with friendly staff
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Fred B
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear Fred B,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing how much you enjoyed the location of our hotel in the much sought after Short Pump shopping district. Doreen is indeed our Service Champion and it gives me great pleasure to see her hospitality recognized by discerning travelers such as youself!

You have my sincere gratitude for your endorsements and I look forward to welcoming you soon should your travels bring you back to Richmond.
Indiana, United States
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The hotel is very clean and modern. I had no problems checking in and the front desk workers were very helpful. My room was clean and bigger than I expected to be, no problem there. The room even had an HDMI cable that I could, which was nice when my husband and I wanted to watch Netflix. Room service had a good selection to choose from, we enjoyed our breakfast very much. The only problem I came across was with the spa. I went to the website and requested for a service but was never contacted saying that my request had been accepted, that is until they called saying that I was late for my appointment. When I went down to the spa for my service, I didn't even get the service that I had requested.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Heather F
Dear Heather F,

Thank you for taking time to share insights and comments from your recent stay at the Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa. We strive for excellence in all aspects of the hospitality that we provide and I am very sorry to learn that your Spa experience fell short of your expectations. Such feedback serves as a true reminder never to rest on our laurels.

At your convenience I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience. Please feel free to contact me directly at 804-364-3600. Thank you so much.
New Bern, United States
Reviewed 11 February 2014

There was some kind of convention there of college kids. We were ground-zero for a three-room party which lasted past midnight. The manager came up twice and then the police were called. Hilton compensated us well (changed our room the next day, gave us breakfast, etc.). We were treated very well and they apologized a great deal. I've never had such a great response from a hotel manager. Will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

3 Thank Lea H
Dear Lea H,

Thank you for taking time to share insights and comments from your recent stay at the Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa. I can appreciate your frustration at being unable to get restful sleep especially when you are attending a conference. I do apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your candor while you were at our hotel.

The Staff at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa strives for excellence in all aspects of the hospitality that we provide and I am glad you noticed their efforts in turning things around for you. Rest assured, I will be reviewing your concerns with our entire team and be certain that they are addressed to improve the overall experiences of our future guests. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Meanwhile, feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me personally if you would like to discuss your visit further.
Richmond, United States
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This hotel is beautiful, the food is great and the staff was very friendly and courteous. We were celebrating a birthday and the front desk and Shula's went out of their way to make sure that it was special.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Nancy B
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear Nancy B,

Thank you so much for your glowing remarks about the Team at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa. They are a wonderful example of our culture and to be recognized for it is quite gratifying. I am excited to share your review with them.

We look forward to be a part of many such celebrations in your life and creating long lasting memories for you. Come back soon!
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I travel about 40 plus weeks a year for work. I typically stay at another "brand" of hotel. The Hilton Richmond has me thinking about a possible switch. Amazing service. Super clean. Wonderful rooms. All in all - an amazing hotel. Thanks Hilton Richmond Hotel and Spa for making the start of a long travel week relaxing.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank educational-consult
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Educational-consult,

Thank you very much for not only staying with us but also for the very nice title of your review " 5 Star Retreat". It is indeed our Team that makes it all happen with their stellar service and I appreciate the points you brought out for our readers to enjoy. Please come back soon to your new home in Richmond! I look forward to it.