“Wedding Party and Guests Stay”

Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump
Ranked #4 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Richmon, United States
“Wedding Party and Guests Stay”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We chose the Hilton due to the closeness to the Wedding Reception. My wife and Daughter had met the Hilton Staff at a Bridal Show. After talking with the Hilton, reviewing the rooms. We selected the Hilton Hotel & Spa at Short Pump. They also had a shuttle service to let guests retrieve their cars from the reception as we provided a limo bus from the reception to the Hilton. Excellent service from everyone at the Hilton.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

4 Thank Dennis C
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Dennis C,

We are proud to be the host of choice for your daughter's wedding. We are thrilled to be part of the celebrations and the fact that you enjoyed your stay. Our Staff has enjoyed some very stellar reviews for their top notch service. Glad you agree! We thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and look forward to your return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I recently traveled to short pump, I like this area for the restuarants and nightlife , very convenient to the mall and town center. The suite was very large , very comfortable, bathroom, bed, wardrobe space, robes, slippers, complimentary goodies, everything very good. The staff were extremely discrete and highly professional, the breakfast superb, The staff made my stay unforgetable, I'm still smiling

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank melissa h
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Melissa h,

Your comments about our "awesome location, superior accommodations, great service and excellent food" are truly the highest compliments we could receive and beyond doubt, defines the qualities upon which The Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa thrives.

We are proud you chose to stay with us and the fact that we could make you smile is ALL that matters to us. We will leave no stone unturned to make it happen over and over again! Come back and see us soon. Thanks again.
buena vista, United States
Reviewed 6 March 2014

was very displeased in service - NOt what you would expect in a hilton hotel - The staff was over whelmed with the conferece a payed little attention to the regular hotel people- the snack bar was complete sold out of stuff - there was no parking in the facility except for a gravel lot that was not secured.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Edward M
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This is luxury hotel with an attentive and welcoming staff. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. We booked this hotel at the last minute -only a few hours before we arrived. Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. There were not mistakes or disappointments. We liked it so much that we planned to return to the area just to stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms are well appointed and clean.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mia B
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Mia B,

Thank you taking the time to share great feedback from your stay on TripAdvisor. You truly experienced the beauty, charm and genuine warmth of the Hilton hospitality.

The Staff at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa strives for excellence in all aspects of the hospitality that we provide and I am glad you noticed their efforts. Thank you again for your kind words of recommendation and we hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Richmond.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I thought the location of this hotel was very good, a short walk to the short pump town center. not as close as the hyatt that is attached to the town center, but this hotel had an indoor pool which was a big plus as we have two small children. I actually really liked the hotel in general, but cannot give it 4 or 5 stars because of the reception I received when we first arrived. The red haired receptionist at the front (I wish I'd gotten her name) acted like I was putting her out to check in. As she's checking me in and not telling me one thing about the property, her co-worker next to her was telling the man in a business suit checking in all about the amenities, the free shuttle to and from the town center, the hours of all of the restaurants, when room service starts, where the pool and fitness center are, etc. I did not get any of this courtesy. I was asked my name in a bored manner and then ignore until I was handed my keys and told where the elevators were. I even tried to prompt her by saying I'd overheard the other reception person telling about the amenities, in particular the shuttle service, to which she replied, "yeah we have free shuttle service up to 3.5 miles for all guests." Later in the afternoon, I had to ask the nice bellman for more information about the shuttle, as it was of interest to me and no one had bothered to tell me about it. I don't know if its because I was dressed casually and had my 2 year old son with me, or maybe I looked young to the person, but that kind of treatment is really uncalled for and made me angry. I should be treated just as well as anyone else who comes in to spend a good amount of money to stay in a hotel for the night. The next morning, the two women at the front desk were extremely nice and helpful and friendly. The only other issue I had with this hotel were the tiles at the pool, they are EXTREMELy slippery and not safe for young children, my son almost slipped a few times.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Someone475,

Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review. We deeply apologize that your expectations were not met during your recent visit to the Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa. I can appreciate your dissatisfaction with the poor arrival experience. The Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa and its Staff have always enjoyed stellar reviews for their top notch service and superior accommodations. I do apologize for any inconvenience and although you are disappointed I would like to encourage you to visit Hilton Richmond during your next visit so that we can make it up to you.

Please rest assured, I will surely discuss your thoughts with the concerned teams to improve the overall experiences of our future guests. Meanwhile, feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me personally if you would like to discuss your visit further.
Simpsonville, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 March 2014

New and clean, nice room with good bedding and good size bathroom and TV screen. Housekeeping was consistently good over the nine nights i was there. Staff was friendly except at checkout when I had to dispute a restaurant charge on my bill. I never charged anything to my room and the desk clerk practically called me a liar before he finally agreed to take the charge off. I stayed on the executive floor and there really was no great benefit for the extra charge. Continental breakfast in the lounge was lacking. It was skimpy even for a continental. They had one tray of "hot" food some mornings but it looked like leftovers, one day was absolutely gross potatoes. Nighttime apps were poor as well, looked like frozen food. One drink was $8 in the lounge on the 8th floor. The restaurant was Shula's on the first floor which I'm sure had great food but the prices were too high to stay within what I am budgeted by my employer with little other choice but bar apps. The fitness room is too small for the size of the hotel and was often packed with no open treadmill or elliptical machine. They have an issue with hot water on the upper floors, one morning I had to take a cold shower another it barely was warm enough if turned all the way to hot. One morning there was a fire alarm and there was no apparent fire and people had to evacuate in bedclothes. I won't go back for business trips to Richmond.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Rhohma1
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Rhohma1,

Thank you for taking time to share insights and comments from your recent stay at the Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa. We strive for excellence in all aspects of the hospitality that we provide and I am very sorry to learn that your experiences did not add up to a perfect ‘5’.

At your earliest convenience I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further. Please feel free to contact me directly at 804-364-3600 Thank you so much.
CT
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Been here twice on business and both times been impressed on all fronts. The desk staff are very personable and welcoming - and not in the canned, corporate-induced way. They are genuinely nice and seem glad to see you. Rooms are clean and comfortable with all the things I look for: lots of plugs, comfortable bed, shower with good water pressure, and quiet. Restaurants are good, with a Shula's steakhouse right on property - which is convenient when you've just gotten into town and just want a nice meal without hassle. Though the restaurant scene in this part of Richmond isn't spectacular, there are some other decent options nearby.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank rurimaja
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Rurimaja,

This was such an insanely good review, thank you!

The Staff at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa strives for excellence in all aspects of the hospitality that we provide and I am glad you noticed their efforts. Our location is certainly an aspect we like to brag about and there are quite a few phenomenal "foodie-havens" in Short Pump. Perhaps on your next trip, allow our Concierge Desk to make a few recommendations to quench your taste buds. They come highly recommended by our patrons and our shuttle service is always ready to please!

Our appreciation of your heartwarming compliments cannot be overstated. The Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa will continue to work hard to earn your endorsements. Come back soon and often. Thanks again!