“Truly a lovely hotel but I have a suggestion....”

Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump
Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Lovely hotel. Very comfortable beds and very quiet hotel. I know the psychological impact of the frangranced air within an establishment. But somebody did something on our wing of the hotel! I told the front desk personnel. They came up to witness themselves. They certainly agreed because they mentioned they noticed the super-sized fragrance starting in the hallway. Walk into the room and it was a 24/7 Yankee Candle store! We had no time on our whirlwind weekend to even change rooms as offered. Did the personnel say or do anything about it? Probably not because we never heard a thing nor it never stopped. The fragrance blew out our ducts 24/7! They asked what we wanted as a solution, I appreciated that. Our response was to find the solution and cut back on the measure of fragrance. I was in a towel jumping into the shower with 1 hour to BE at the wedding so changing rooms at that time was not an option and we were leaving in the morning. Other than that annoyance, the hotel was perfect!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Chava143
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Chava143,

Thank you for your "Perfect & Lovely" review! We always appreciate when guests take the time to write about their stay and provide us invaluable feedback. So thank you!

Although I am truly sorry to hear of the discomfort you experienced due to the air freshener, I'm happy to inform you that I've already discussed your suggestion with the Executive Housekeeper to improve the overall experience of our future guests.

Thank you again for your time and I look forward to your return soon again!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is my favorite Hilton hotel in Richmond and it's the front desk that made my stay so wonderful. Between the customer service manager, Henrietta and the front desk manager, Sauviat, it was such a pleasure to discuss the hotel and ways to improve their customer service. I always stay on the Executive Floor and they always go out of their way to make sure I get my preferred room! However, I was little surprised when the turn down service was not performed, no follow up call to welcome me to the hotel on Friday and the lounge was devoid of drinks and snacks and no one bothered to refill these items. Sauviat did remedy my turn down service on Saturday and gave me a sincere apology for the hotel shortcomings. I guess when you have stayed at this hotel since its inception in Dec. 2009, you grow accustomed to the special touches and perks that this hotel offers me when I stay.

I thoroughly enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi and only wish it was bigger but hotels do not make money off their amenities but it is important to me and always stay at a hotel with a pool. The housekeeping has been one of the strengths with this hotel and never had any housekeeping issues during my many stays at this hotel.

I look forward to coming back in June or July for my next RVA trip and hopefully, those issues will be resolved during my next visit and hopefully, it will be warmer on my next trip!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank SmilingSteve4
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear SmilingSteve4,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your stay.

I appreciate you giving us the candid feedback about your feelings of the various in-room communications with our guests. I did receive your comments from Henrietta and Sauvik when you checked out and was able to make some necessary changes based on your first hand feedback.

I so appreciate guests like you that think enough about the success of Hilton Richmond and its Staff to let us know. Thank you so much for recognizing Henrietta and Sauvik. They indeed play a vital role in maintaining our 4-Star 4-Diamond levels of service and it gives me immense pleasure knowing that our best guests such as yourself notice their efforts.

I am definitely looking forward to your return in June or July and meeting you in person.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed at this Hilton for one night while I was in town for an interview. I did not pay for the stay, but still feel it was probably a good bargain. Overall, I was very happy with my stay as the rooms and lounge (the two facilities I saw) were really nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
4  Thank Zachary C

Dear Zachary C,

Thank you very much for your kind words about your recent stay at Hilton Richmond and for taking the time to write about it.

On behalf of my entire Team, I wish you all success and hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I love this place! I stayed in Hilton Short Pump about 10 times and every time it was great. Its hard for me to find anything to criticize - outstanding service, nice rooms and great food (a little pricey, but great). I will probably be staying another 10 times this year.

Vadim

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Vadim O
Steve K, Owner at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Vadim O,

We LOVE the title of your post and appreciate your endorsement. To say “We are at the Best Hotel in Richmond!” is humbling as we are well aware that you have many lodging choices when travelling in the area. We will continue to work hard to maintain your loyalty. Thank you again!

Reviewed 22 March 2014

The hotel was a little out of the way but was a lovely experience. We stayed here on our way home to New York from Charleston. The room was large, service impeccable, and super clean. The food at the hotel was superb, we had dinner in the lobby restaurant and had room service for breakfast that came right on time. The hotel heated pool was the best! I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank sue110253
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Sue110253,

What a huge compliment you have given us as it related to our superb Staff, facility and amenities. We have wonderful hotels throughout the world so we are humbled by your sentiment. Thank you so very much and we will happily share your note with our entire team. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had the opportunity to visit Hilton Short Pump for a soccer tournament his past weekend. The hotel was great for families with children. All rooms were sold out but you never felt like the hotel was over crowded. Rooms were comfortable and clean and fairly quiet considering all the soccer girls running around. Given the opportunity I would stay at this property again.

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank JillPhiladelphia
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear JillPhiladelphia,

WOW!!!!!!! Thank you for the heart warming review regarding your recent stay. I really appreciate the time you took to write such wonderful words about the Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa. I have already copied and pasted your review and have sent it out to every department. You have put a lot of smiles on our faces because I had challenged my Team to exceed our own benchmarks and I am so glad you agree that we passed with flying colors. Soccer Tournaments or not, I sure hope you will return very soon and often to enjoy the hotel and my staff. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I was booked for a week there at the Hilton Short Pump and I couldn't have been happier with my treatment. The staff were consistently happy, polite and they seemed to have a sincere desire to ensure that my stay was pleasant. My stay was quite, the rooms and the facilities in general were exceptionally clean.

Room Tip: The higher in the hotel the better.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Dave C

Dear Dave C,

What a wonderful review you wrote about my staff and thank you for the kind words you had to say. The Team at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa works extremely hard to earn your endorsements. I am sure they will be thrilled to see their efforts recognized.

I see that you are from Louisiana - I sure hope your travel plans bring you back to Richmond and Hilton Short Pump. We would love to have you stay with us again and allow us to make new memories..