Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump
Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Thanks very much to Doreen the Host at Shula's as well as the wait staff. They certainly made us feel welcome while we worked from the restaurant. This was a very friendly team and glad to take care of us.

3  Thank Ros S
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear Ros S,

What a huge compliment you have given Doreen by recognizing her on such social platform. We have wonderful employees in our Team on whom the Hilton Richmond thrives. So we are humbled by your sentiment. Thank you so very much and we will happily share your note with our Shula's staff. Thank you for bringing huge smiles on our faces.

Come back soon and often!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was in Richmond for Business and the Hilton always is a great time. The staff are friendly, personable, and make you feel like a person not a customer.

At the front desk, Britney was extremely helpful in helping me check out. Her skill and knowledge of my every need was unmatched. I needed a paper recipt to submit to my company and she was able to not only get me that recipt, but package it perfectly in an envelope for safe keeping. Apparently I was also staying on a special floor that provided free breakfast every day, I didn't know this the other days, but Britney made sure I definitely got free Starbucks that morning and I would have to say that it was the best Starbucks I've ever had, not because it was quality coffee, not because it was free coffee, but because it was coffee that I got through the sheer unmitigated caring touch of Britney. Britney deserves a promotion and a bonus for her good work, she's definitely going places.

3  Thank Ryan_Voris
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Ryan_Voris,

Thank you for the absolutely wonderful review you wrote about your recent stay at the Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa. Britney is one of our many outstanding team members who loves her job and believes in the true meaning of hospitality. Your recognition is the ultimate scale for our performance and I am certain she will be very pleased to have earned your endorsements.

I see you are from Arlington. If your travel plans bring you back to Richmond, we would be honored if you stay with us again and again!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I was there for a conference and have never seen such an attentive and friendly staff. They anticipated needs, always smiled and engaged in friendly conversation with each of our attendees. Food and beverage service was impeccable.

4  Thank Bill M

Dear Bill M,

Thank you so much for the "5-Star" review and for taking the time to write about it for our viewers to read and enjoy.

You are not the first to talk about our "tremendous" staff and what happens when our guests experience their hospitality first hand. Brings a smile to us!!!.

Hope your travel plans bring you back to our beautiful city and Hilton Richmond soon again.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I was there for a conference and even the conference lunch was delicious. I had a fabulous steak dinner at Don Shula's. I would definitely stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
4  Thank Eleaina P

Dear Eleaina P,

Your comments about our undefeated Shula's Steakhouse and Lounge are truly the highest compliments we could receive..

We are proud to have been the host of choice for your conference and hope to continue this relationship in future. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your insights with fellow travelers and I look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Lovely hotel. Very comfortable beds and very quiet hotel. I know the psychological impact of the frangranced air within an establishment. But somebody did something on our wing of the hotel! I told the front desk personnel. They came up to witness themselves. They certainly agreed because they mentioned they noticed the super-sized fragrance starting in the hallway. Walk into the room and it was a 24/7 Yankee Candle store! We had no time on our whirlwind weekend to even change rooms as offered. Did the personnel say or do anything about it? Probably not because we never heard a thing nor it never stopped. The fragrance blew out our ducts 24/7! They asked what we wanted as a solution, I appreciated that. Our response was to find the solution and cut back on the measure of fragrance. I was in a towel jumping into the shower with 1 hour to BE at the wedding so changing rooms at that time was not an option and we were leaving in the morning. Other than that annoyance, the hotel was perfect!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Chava143
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Chava143,

Thank you for your "Perfect & Lovely" review! We always appreciate when guests take the time to write about their stay and provide us invaluable feedback. So thank you!

Although I am truly sorry to hear of the discomfort you experienced due to the air freshener, I'm happy to inform you that I've already discussed your suggestion with the Executive Housekeeper to improve the overall experience of our future guests.

Thank you again for your time and I look forward to your return soon again!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is my favorite Hilton hotel in Richmond and it's the front desk that made my stay so wonderful. Between the customer service manager, Henrietta and the front desk manager, Sauviat, it was such a pleasure to discuss the hotel and ways to improve their customer service. I always stay on the Executive Floor and they always go out of their way to make sure I get my preferred room! However, I was little surprised when the turn down service was not performed, no follow up call to welcome me to the hotel on Friday and the lounge was devoid of drinks and snacks and no one bothered to refill these items. Sauviat did remedy my turn down service on Saturday and gave me a sincere apology for the hotel shortcomings. I guess when you have stayed at this hotel since its inception in Dec. 2009, you grow accustomed to the special touches and perks that this hotel offers me when I stay.

I thoroughly enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi and only wish it was bigger but hotels do not make money off their amenities but it is important to me and always stay at a hotel with a pool. The housekeeping has been one of the strengths with this hotel and never had any housekeeping issues during my many stays at this hotel.

I look forward to coming back in June or July for my next RVA trip and hopefully, those issues will be resolved during my next visit and hopefully, it will be warmer on my next trip!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank SmilingSteve4
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear SmilingSteve4,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your stay.

I appreciate you giving us the candid feedback about your feelings of the various in-room communications with our guests. I did receive your comments from Henrietta and Sauvik when you checked out and was able to make some necessary changes based on your first hand feedback.

I so appreciate guests like you that think enough about the success of Hilton Richmond and its Staff to let us know. Thank you so much for recognizing Henrietta and Sauvik. They indeed play a vital role in maintaining our 4-Star 4-Diamond levels of service and it gives me immense pleasure knowing that our best guests such as yourself notice their efforts.

I am definitely looking forward to your return in June or July and meeting you in person.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed at this Hilton for one night while I was in town for an interview. I did not pay for the stay, but still feel it was probably a good bargain. Overall, I was very happy with my stay as the rooms and lounge (the two facilities I saw) were really nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
4  Thank Zachary C

Dear Zachary C,

Thank you very much for your kind words about your recent stay at Hilton Richmond and for taking the time to write about it.

On behalf of my entire Team, I wish you all success and hope you will return soon.