“Our New Getaway Destination”

Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump
Ranked #4 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Richmond, Virginia
“Our New Getaway Destination”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My wife and I do not often get the chance to get away for "us" time. With an eleven year old autistic son and a live in Mother with Alzheimer's, it can be extremely difficult. When those opportunities did arise, we often went to the "Jefferson Hotel" to rejuvenate but still stay close to the house in the event we were needed. That was until we tried the "Hilton Richmond Hotel and Spa in Short Pump" in celebration of our anniversary.

We had originally planned to just spend Friday Night at the Hotel and booked the "Legends" package which included dinner at "Shula's" which is located at the Hotel. When we were given an opportunity to extend our stay another night, we called the Hotel to see our options. The front desk staff couldn't have been more helpful and courteous, assisting us with our plans and helping to upgrade our room and arrange for an early check-in. For the second night we booked the "Romance" package which included Champagne and Chocolate Dipped Strawberries as well as breakfast in bed if we so chose. The cost of these two nights was extremely reasonable in comparison with previous accommodations and we were treated with respect and friendliness by everyone we dealt with. This extended to the Hotel Cleaning Staff and the Staff at Shula's. Everything was first class but balanced with comfort where it would have been very easy to lean toward pretentiousness. Our Jr. Suite was comfortable and our every need was met with an immediate response. Overall we couldn't have been more pleased and we will make the "Hilton" our new getaway destination.

Room Tip: As this was our first visit, our advice is limited but if you need room to stretch out some, the Jr...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Martin S
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Martin S,

What a lovely note you have shared with our fellow readers on TripAdvisor! We could not have asked for a more gracious review. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! To be your "New Getaway Destination" is most humbling. Come back soon and often.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I've been meaning to write this review for a few weeks, and for fear of forgetting, I needed to make sure I gave someone the praise they deserve. I've stayed at the Hilton Richmond a few times, and the accommodations have always been adequate. The last time I was there however, there was an issue with the water (there was no hot water) and needless to say, it put a sizable dent in my routine. I was less than pleased until I spoke to a young woman at the desk named Brittney. She did everything she could to make me feel like the Hilton truly cared about my comfort, and respected me as a customer, as a guest, and as a person. She was very pleasant, helpful, always had a smile on her face, and I could tell she did her work well, and with pride. In fact, even though I complained about the water situation (that was fixed- EVENTUALLY) she made me feel like I could RELY on her to do everything she could to make my stay as comfortable, and enjoyable as possible. I sincerely hope that she is behind the counter the next time I visit, so I can: a) thank her personally. b) rest easy, knowing that I am in capable hands, and c) talk to her bosses about giving her a raise, because she really showed what a true, good, and professional attitude and demeanor can do for a business. THANK YOU BRITTNEY!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank BusinessMom2014
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear BusinessMom2014,
Thank you for taking the time and sharing how much you enjoyed the location of our hotel in the much sought after Short Pump shopping district. Brittney is indeed one of our Service Champions and it gives me great pleasure to see her hospitality recognized by discerning travelers such as yourself!

We look forward to seeing you again, soon.
Richmond, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Courteous staff, clean rooms and bathrooms, comfortable beds. Great location by Short Pump Mall. Bell service was wonderful. Anytime we needed to go anywhere the shuttle service was ready and waiting. Would stay again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

4 Thank Heather M
Dear Heather M,

What a wonderful review you wrote about my staff and thank you for the kind words you had to say. The Team at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa works extremely hard to earn your endorsements. I am sure they will be thrilled to see their efforts recognized. I am very happy to see your expectations meet and exceeded. Thank you and we look forward to serving you again.
richmond, virginia, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

very pleased, the hotel deserve 100 percent excellent clean, the staff were wonderful . I will recommend my family, friends to the HILTON HOTEL . The hotel is design beautiful, lots of space, the workout equipment were excellent, the bar were also excellent .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

3 Thank Genette L
Dear Genette L,
Thank you so much for the "5-Star" review and for taking the time to write about it for our viewers to read and enjoy.

You are not the first to talk about our "tremendous" staff and what happens when our guests experience their hospitality first hand. Brings a smile to us!!!.I am so glad you where able to enjoy the many features of our hotel!

Hope your travel plans bring you back to our beautiful city and Hilton Richmond soon again.
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

My wife, my two daughters, & I stayed here for three nights this month, for a family wedding. The facilities and hospitality were first-class.

The hotel is very centrally-located, with a free shuttle-service, that can take you to any store imaginable within two miles of Richmond's shopping area.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jdunny15
Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking a lot of your time to write about the many things you experienced at the Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa.

My Staff loves reading what our guests have to say about their experiences and yours has many things that will bring pride to all the staff members.

Thank you your your recommendation and hope you will return soon and very often.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel quite a few times. When we travel to the Richmond area, there is no debate as to where we will stay. We have always found it very comfortable and clean. They seem to take pride in taking care of the place. We have found all of the staff that we encountered to be very courteous and friendly. We ususally eat breakfast at the hotel and the wait staff is very friendly. The hostess, Doreen, and Tonya really do an outstanding job to see that you are satisfied. We travel quite a lot and there are hotels that we would never go back to stay. This one is not on that list. We find it to be quiet and restful which is what you want when you are travelling for a get away. We certainly hope that they keep up the good work!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Pam H
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Pam H,

Thank you for the wonderful review describing the memorable time you and your husband have EVERY TIME you stay with us. Delighted that you felt Hilton's "warmth and genuine hospitality" in Doreen and Tonya's service. To be your "Personal Retreat" is a great honor. Would love to have you return soon and very often.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Besides being all the things you would want in a hotel, this one goes the extra mile. Every single person from the front desk to the ladies in the restaurant, Tonya and Doreen specifically, went out of their way and were so kind and cheerful. My son and I looked forward to seeing them in the morning for breakfast on our week visit. The man who takes care of the pool got my son a beach ball to play with and some jelly beans, just because. Our stay was made all the better by all the people who work there. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank chris186840
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Chris186840,

What a wonderful review - thank you very much for your very kind compliments and for taking the time to write about it. I see you are from Philadelphia- if your travels every bring you back to Richmond, VA - we would be honored to be of service to you again.