“Best hotel for sightseeing in Richmond”

Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump
Ranked #4 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fredericksburg Virginia
“Best hotel for sightseeing in Richmond”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

A 101 year old,70 something and precious 10 year enjoyed a two night stay at this hotel visiting sites in and near Richmond. The staff was perfect in every way and was quick to respond to our questions about hotel and surroundings.. Soon after our arrival, we were greeted by name which made us feel at home. The room was very clean and comfortable. We never had to wait long for the elevator. Hope to return to this hotel soon!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank SWolff
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear SWolff,

Thank you taking the time to share great feedback from your stay on TripAdvisor. You truly experienced the beauty, charm and genuine warmth of the Hilton hospitality.

The Staff at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa strives for excellence in all aspects of the hospitality that we provide and I am glad you noticed their efforts. Our location is certainly an aspect we like to brag about and our appreciation of your heartwarming compliments cannot be overstated.

Thank you again for your kind words of recommendation and we hope to see you and your family again should your travels bring you back to Richmond.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Church Hill, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Let me start off by saying, BRAVO HILTON!!! We had a room on the executive level and I loved how close I was to the elevators and that the executive lounge was 5 doors down the hall. Also, The breakfast at Shula's was irresistible. I was very pleased that they served Starbucks. I was however disappointed that I could only stay 2 nights when their service is superb. Words cannot describe how happy I am with Hilton! Get ready, cause I'm definitely coming back!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Tyler S
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Tyler S,

WOW!!! I can't thank you enough for the timely and detailed review you wrote about staying with us recently.

I printed out your review and shared it this morning with my entire Team. You described perfectly what I tell all of my new staff - we are here to create memories and I think that we did just that for you!

I truly hope your travel plans bring you back to Richmond and Hilton Richmond soon and often.
Washington, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2014

located in the middle of a huge mall. comfortable with great and very affordable room service. my company paid for it so i can't comment on the value. it's out in the burbs and not in a very exciting area but if you need to be in the short pump area it's quite good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

4 Thank John G F
Dear John G F,

Thank you so much for your honest review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us. Appreciate your very kind words and hope that if your travel plans ever bring you back Richmond, that we would have the honor of serving you again!
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My wife and I do not often get the chance to get away for "us" time. With an eleven year old autistic son and a live in Mother with Alzheimer's, it can be extremely difficult. When those opportunities did arise, we often went to the "Jefferson Hotel" to rejuvenate but still stay close to the house in the event we were needed. That was until we tried the "Hilton Richmond Hotel and Spa in Short Pump" in celebration of our anniversary.

We had originally planned to just spend Friday Night at the Hotel and booked the "Legends" package which included dinner at "Shula's" which is located at the Hotel. When we were given an opportunity to extend our stay another night, we called the Hotel to see our options. The front desk staff couldn't have been more helpful and courteous, assisting us with our plans and helping to upgrade our room and arrange for an early check-in. For the second night we booked the "Romance" package which included Champagne and Chocolate Dipped Strawberries as well as breakfast in bed if we so chose. The cost of these two nights was extremely reasonable in comparison with previous accommodations and we were treated with respect and friendliness by everyone we dealt with. This extended to the Hotel Cleaning Staff and the Staff at Shula's. Everything was first class but balanced with comfort where it would have been very easy to lean toward pretentiousness. Our Jr. Suite was comfortable and our every need was met with an immediate response. Overall we couldn't have been more pleased and we will make the "Hilton" our new getaway destination.

Room Tip: As this was our first visit, our advice is limited but if you need room to stretch out some, the Jr...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Martin S
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Martin S,

What a lovely note you have shared with our fellow readers on TripAdvisor! We could not have asked for a more gracious review. Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! To be your "New Getaway Destination" is most humbling. Come back soon and often.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I've been meaning to write this review for a few weeks, and for fear of forgetting, I needed to make sure I gave someone the praise they deserve. I've stayed at the Hilton Richmond a few times, and the accommodations have always been adequate. The last time I was there however, there was an issue with the water (there was no hot water) and needless to say, it put a sizable dent in my routine. I was less than pleased until I spoke to a young woman at the desk named Brittney. She did everything she could to make me feel like the Hilton truly cared about my comfort, and respected me as a customer, as a guest, and as a person. She was very pleasant, helpful, always had a smile on her face, and I could tell she did her work well, and with pride. In fact, even though I complained about the water situation (that was fixed- EVENTUALLY) she made me feel like I could RELY on her to do everything she could to make my stay as comfortable, and enjoyable as possible. I sincerely hope that she is behind the counter the next time I visit, so I can: a) thank her personally. b) rest easy, knowing that I am in capable hands, and c) talk to her bosses about giving her a raise, because she really showed what a true, good, and professional attitude and demeanor can do for a business. THANK YOU BRITTNEY!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank BusinessMom2014
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear BusinessMom2014,
Thank you for taking the time and sharing how much you enjoyed the location of our hotel in the much sought after Short Pump shopping district. Brittney is indeed one of our Service Champions and it gives me great pleasure to see her hospitality recognized by discerning travelers such as yourself!

We look forward to seeing you again, soon.
Richmond, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Courteous staff, clean rooms and bathrooms, comfortable beds. Great location by Short Pump Mall. Bell service was wonderful. Anytime we needed to go anywhere the shuttle service was ready and waiting. Would stay again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

4 Thank Heather M
Dear Heather M,

What a wonderful review you wrote about my staff and thank you for the kind words you had to say. The Team at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa works extremely hard to earn your endorsements. I am sure they will be thrilled to see their efforts recognized. I am very happy to see your expectations meet and exceeded. Thank you and we look forward to serving you again.
richmond, virginia, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

very pleased, the hotel deserve 100 percent excellent clean, the staff were wonderful . I will recommend my family, friends to the HILTON HOTEL . The hotel is design beautiful, lots of space, the workout equipment were excellent, the bar were also excellent .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

3 Thank Genette L
Dear Genette L,
Thank you so much for the "5-Star" review and for taking the time to write about it for our viewers to read and enjoy.

You are not the first to talk about our "tremendous" staff and what happens when our guests experience their hospitality first hand. Brings a smile to us!!!.I am so glad you where able to enjoy the many features of our hotel!

Hope your travel plans bring you back to our beautiful city and Hilton Richmond soon again.