“In Town for A Wedding”

GreenLeadersSilver level
North Charleston, South Carolina
“In Town for A Wedding”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

It was a great stay overall, with great customer service in each department from checking in with Jeff to the bar, and even the housekeepers on the floors. I used the Fitness Center one morning, which is pretty small for a 4 diamond hotel with 200+ room count, but you have to love the free weights. I also used the hot tub afterwards, which was comfortably hot. The only downfall for this 4 diamond hotel is their shuttle was not in use very much, so we asked if we can get a ride to the wedding reception 10 min. away, but it was apparently a mile more than their radius. As a friend quipped, they literally would not go the extra mile in this case. Other than that, it was a good stay, great location by all the shops.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Blair E,

As much as I enjoyed reading the positive notes of your review, I am extremely disappointed to learn about your impression of our Staff who bend over backwards for our guests everyday. At your convenience I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further. Please feel free to contact me directly at 804-364-3600.

Thank you so much for your time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 June 2014

A bit disappointed in the room upkeep as I am a tea drinker and found that for the 3 nights I stayed the tea bags, sugars and stirrers were not replaced after night 1. Something so simple. Cell Phone reception is a challenge at this hotel regardless of carrier. Room was spacious and food from room service was delivered very quickly, hot and with friendly service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Scsunlover,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay. I am truly sorry that the housekeeping services during your stay did not meet your expectations. The Hilton Short pump is known for its impeccable service and handy Staff who are always at your service. I recognize that this experience is certainly not what you have come to expect from a Hilton and I assure you, I have shared your candid comments with the entire Housekeeping team.

While I wish you loved your stay with us, I am truly grateful that you have taken the time to tell us where you felt the hotel fell short of your expectations. Your feedback also serves as a true reminder never to rest on our laurels.

Meanwhile, feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me personally if you would like to discuss your visit further.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This is the second time my wife and I stayed for our anniversary. They made the weekend special with the little extras they did. The breakfast buffet was excellent and we had access to the 8th lounge that some great snacks. Again, great weekend with the wife.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Arthur B,

Thank you for the kind words. As service is the only product that we sell, creating rewarding experiences for our guests is why comments of this kind is a “must share” with team at the hotel and our fellow readers. I appreciate you taking the time to provide such a phenomenal feedback regarding your stay and thank you again for your continued loyalty.

I look forward to seeing you soon!
new jersey
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were happy to arrive after a full day on the road. Stayed for just a short overnight before getting on the road again. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, even greeting our young children with a bag with toys (including bouncing balls and small barrettes for our daughter). The lobby is lovely and the hotel offers fantastic amenities-nice pool, cafe (with Starbucks!), and is within walking distance to some good shopping. I was surprised, however, to find our bathroom tub dirty (as in, actual dirt on the bottom of the tub), our shower curtain orange with mold, and the carpets and floors in the lobby area and common bathrooms dirty, as well. The pool was great for a swim but the entire perimeter was a hazard (my young son slipped-twice-while walking slowly, even) as it was soaked, with absolutely no mats around it. We didn't try the restaurant except for the breakfast buffet, which I would recommend you skip. There were also a lot of dogs in the lobby-great for pet owners, not so great for anyone with allergies/fear of large dogs.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank smdm
Dear Smdm,

Thank you very much for your comments and insights which we truly value. Although you enjoyed the friendly service from our Staff and the various amenities, I am very disappointed that your experience was still less than a perfect ‘5’. We strive for excellence in all aspects of the hospitality that we provide and rest assured, your constructive comments WILL be used as guidance in improving the overall experiences for future guests in hopes that you will be among those that return soon.

Meanwhile, if you would like to discuss your stay further, feel free to contact the hotel and ask for me personally.
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Excellent Hotel! Highly professional and well trained staff. Doreen was a "FABULOUS" host. Extremely knowledgeable and gave exceptional advise. It was a pleasure meeting her. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

Beverly L

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Beverly L,

I am so delighted that Doreen's personal touch turned your stay in to such an exception one! Thank you much for recognizing her so vividly and I will be certain to convey your kudos to her. She awaits your return and we all look forward to creating more of such wonderful memories for you.

Thank you!
Arlington, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Newer hotel, helpful and friendly staff, comfortable and clean room, convenient location, very reasonable price, plenty of ammenities...stay here rather than the more pricey options in downtown Richmond.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Arthur Lawrence C,

We are excited to see your choice of words when appreciating our stellar service levels, beautifully appointed rooms and excellent amenities. Thank you for your gracious review and taking the time to share it with our fellow readers. We hope that you will consider us your home when you visit Richmond in the future.
Waynesboro, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel is great for a couples get away, the staff was very kind and helpful. We truly enjoyed our stay and will definitely return. My wife and I went here for a getaway on our anniversary and we loved it. We just wanted someplace to relax and have fun...this hotel was just the place for that.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Alec G
Dear Alec G,

Thank you so much for choosing to celebrate your Anniversary with us. We absolutely LOVE the title of your post and appreciate your endorsement. To say we are “Great Great Great!” is humbling as we are well aware that you have many lodging choices in the city of Richmond. We will continue to work hard to maintain your loyalty. Come back soon!