“Great service from friendly staff”

Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump
Ranked #4 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Muntinlupa, Philippines
“Great service from friendly staff”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed here for 13 days for business. I usually don't like being away from home but the accommodating staff at Hilton made me feel warm and comfortable. I have nothing but praises for the staff: from the manager, to the servers at the restaurant and the shuttle drivers. There was one time that the hotel manager picked us up himself from the mall so we wont have to wait long. The same manager would always greet my coworker's kid with a chocolate so he was always excited to go down the lobby. The front desk intern Jeff always makes good restaurant recommendations.

I like that it is walking distance to commercial centers and the mall; we weren't limited to the hotel's restaurant (while the food there is good, I am not a fan of American food). There were other commercial centers and groceries within 3 miles so you can ride the shuttle to get there. The hotel itself is 30 mins away from the city but you can have almost everything you need within 5 mins.

I was offered a membership when I checked-in, which allowed to me stayed at the members-only floor. Only, I didn't see the difference with the rooms of non-members. Room was very comfortable. They also give you an option to decline cleaning to save water in washing sheets. Only downside here is that they don't provide toothbrush and the toiletries were not replenished.

They have a fitness center and indoor pool as well, with tables on the patio. I found the water on the pool a bit cold for my liking, but tolerable. The jacuzzi was almost boiling.

Overall, my almost 2-week stay was great. It was very easy to feel at home here.

Green Features: In an effort to conserve water, a reminder is placed on every room on when they change sheets so we can place a card on the door to refuse cleaning.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Cybill Y
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Cybill Y,

My Team and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience in length with us and our fellow readers on TripAdvisor.

I am very glad to hear that you found that service in all areas exceeded your expectations. Our friendly Staff, awesome amenities and unbeatable location are definitely features that give us bragging rights!

We strive for personalized service and make our valued guests feel right at home the moment you walk-in through the doors. Happy to know you felt the difference. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit for training in Richmond.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
South Fork, PA, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel staff was extremely helpful with our circumstance, changing dates and just being helpful because my husband had just come out of the hospital. The woman making the reservations, the valet and bell boy were all understanding. The restaurant staff gave us helpful advise and accommodated our special requests. It seemed like staff watched out to give us aid because of our need for a wheel chair. Even in the banquets, the servers helped with the wheelchair or a special food request. The cleaning staff respected our privacy and ny husbands need for quiet nap time and worked around his schedule.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Joseph B
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Joseph B,

I am so proud to hear your thoughts on our Team members. We take so much pride in the way we work together to make moments happen for our guests. It is always a great feeling to know that our guests are leaving happy and even better, sharing their experiences with us.

Thank you again for being our guests and letting us know we have impressed you. We hope to see you back again soon!
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel and I have continued to have outstanding customer service from the team at the front desk, to those in the executive lounge, to scheduling and availability. This hotel is well suited for easy-on, easy-off highway access with a great restaurant on the premisis - Shula's.

Thank you for continuing to provide outstanding customer service and support!

Room Tip: I would consider all room locations to be great!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Flying-and-Driving
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Flying-and-Driving,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your "GREAT EXPERIENCE" with fellow travelers and readers of TripAdvisor. We feel privileged to receive compliments from astute travelers such as you. Our goal has and always will be to provide our guests with a relaxing and memorable stay with a twist of top-notch service.

Thanks again for making us your home away from home! My Team and I look forward to your return.
Keswick, Virginia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Following a festive evening wedding in nearby Chesterfield, my wife and I elected to stay in Short Pump instead of making the long drive home. Are we glad we did! We were immediately warmly greeted and helpfully directed how to find our room. The room was an oasis of comfort, with the bed firm but soft. We woke refreshed the next morning and then enjoyed a delicious Sunday buffet breakfast downstairs at Shula's, that we would both recommend as a good value at $12.99. The custom-made omelets are outstanding!

Room Tip: Because the hotel is well away from busy 250, any room should be very quiet.
Green Features: Standard Hilton green practices in operation here.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank paisleigharies
Dear Paisleigharies,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing how much you enjoyed the location of our hotel in the much sought after Short Pump shopping district. You have my sincere gratitude for your endorsements and I look forward to welcoming you soon should your travels bring you back to Richmond.

Many thanks!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel and both visits were a great experience. The rooms are very nice and clean. It seemed to be newly built hotel and is near a towncenter with plenty of stores and restaurants. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast buffet had a good variety of foods. The pool did not have a shallow section for my 2 year old but my 7 year old had a blast. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great place to spend the night.

3 Thank Jon N
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Jon N,

Thank you for writing about your recent visit to our beautiful property and from what I read- this is actually your second time back...... much appreciated! I see you are from the gorgeous city of Baltimore- please return soon for your 3rd stay so we can create more rewarding memories for you to share!!!
Smithfield, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My family had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel and the room were in great condition, very clean. We stayed on the executive floor and loved being able to walk over to the executive lounge for breakfast. Would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Jennifer M
Dear Jennifer M,

Thank you very much for the very complimentary overview of your recent stay at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa. I also want to thank you that you will "definitely stay" at our hotel in the future.' We hope you will return soon to your new home away from home!
Gasburg, Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were staying at the Hilton for our son's wedding. Rooms were nice. The first morning I realized that I had lost my diamond earring. I looked all over the room for it, knowing I had it the evening before. After dinner the first night, we stopped at the bar area at the hotel. The next morning, I asked Doreen who was working if anyone had turned my earring in? She said she would check for me. She proceded to check around the bar area, then checked to see who was on clean up etc. The next time she saw me she said "let me see what that earring looks like again." She than said " I have good news for you" and pulled it out of her pocket. She had tracked down my earring, which I don't think was an easy task. I was and will be forever grateful. I had gotten them for my birthday 7 years ago from my husband, so besides being expensive, there is the sentimental value to them. I am so happy that Doreen was working that morning, and willing to go above and beyond for the guests. All of the staff was great. Doreen deserves a huge 'atta boy/girl' for her extra efforts. Thank you,

2 Thank Judy M
Dear Judy M,

Our appreciation of your heartwarming compliments to Doreen cannot be overstated. I am pleased to know that she made a lasting impression on you. We are very proud to have her on our Team and please rest assured that I will definitely pass on your shout-out to her!

Thank you once again for sharing your sentiments and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon again!