“The best place to stay in the Richmond area!”

Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump
Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Very clean and accommodating. Seems that the rooms are sound proofed to perfection. We had one little mess up (there was suppose to be a roll out bed in the room upon our arrival, wasnt there and one call to the front desk and seconds later they brought it up. Excellent WIFi connection. We used this hotel for the spring NASCAR weekend and so did some of the race teams themselves. After a long day at the track, every night in the same spot where they serve their continental breakfast they would have quite a bit of extra fruit and water/soft drinks left out and that was awesome. The shower was amazing lmao (had to have a rain drop shower head installed at home after using the one in the room, and surprisingly being on the top floor there was no pressure issues.) This place is 5 stars all the way around Imo, the only thing I found to be the slightest annoying was the parking situation.

Room Tip: South side upper floors would have a better view IMO, North side looks out on nice condominiums and...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Steve K, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa / Short Pump, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Higherprimate43,

I am so glad to hear that you have fallen in love with us and to be your #1 choice in Richmond is truly humbling.

It is always a great feeling to know that our guests are leaving happy and even better, sharing their experiences with us and fellow travelers on TripAdvisor.

Thank you again for being our guest and letting us know we have impressed you. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel to attend an annual training meeting. The rooms were clean, fairly large and the beds were comfortable. The hallways smelled slightly of dogs (I saw people walking dogs in the hallways). It didn't bother me too much. The fitness room was very warm and to me, it was unusable. I called a manager to turn down the thermostat; however, he stated that due to its proximity to the pool, it couldn't get cooler. I suggested a fan or two and he said he would talk to his manager about it. My GPS system could not locate this hotel, so it was a little hard to find. The staff in the banquet room had a difficult time keeping up decent service. The tea and dinner rolls arrived at our table after we were through eating our lunch. No coffee was served. The seemed to be understaffed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Viki613

Dear Viki613,

As pleased and appreciative I am for your comments about our clean, spacious rooms and comfy beds, I am equally disheartened to learn about the several inconsistencies you experienced during your stay. I will surely discuss your thoughts with the concerned teams to improve the overall experiences of our future guests.

Meanwhile, feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me personally if you would like to discuss your visit further.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We found this hotel when staying there for a conference. Clean, comfortable, quiet and featuring lovely amenities, we decided to come back a few times for a weekend get-away. The staff are very helpful and we thoroughly enjoy our stays.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Vincent R

Dear Vincent R,

I am so glad you found us and chose us to be your new getaway destination for your mini-staycations! I thank you for your honest feedback and look forward to an opportunity to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Consistent and reliable for business travel: clean and spacious rooms, comfortable beds, and great hotel service. There are great in-room accomodations for the business traveler: roomy desk, comfortable office-quality chair, good internet connection and lighting. Baths are spacious and offer good products. Always the same level of service. Hilton got this one right.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Stacie T

Dear Stacie T,

Our appreciation of your heartwarming compliments cannot be overstated but it also serves as a true reminder that we should NEVER rest on our laurels.

The team at Hilton Richmond will continue to work hard to earn your endorsements. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

For the fast readers... As a family, we have stayed here twice... Perfect each time... To the point that this is perhaps our single most favorite Hilton (nationwide)... To say that we have been treated like royalty is a fair comparison... Let me say - we aren't diamond travelers - so the treatment wasn't because they wanted to protect themselves from a poor review... It's just that great of a place...

Our first stay was during thanksgiving... If you're looking for great place to travel / relax / eat (pre-Black Friday ) - look no further... The meals and customer service were amazing... Every holiday we talk about how great it would be to be at the Short Pump Hilton ... Chocolate strawberries delivered to our room -thanking us for spending our holiday with them... Really ? Who does that? And you're directly beside the shrt pump mall for those 4am BF deals...

The second stay was during a pass thru trip... Thanked us for returning - upgraded our room - and gave us two extra breakfast tickets... Which btw is OUTSTANDING on the weekends at Shula's... Great accommodations... Room was perfect.... No mold - no mildew... And we notice as we have children with horrible allergies and asthma... Phenomenal front desk staff... These guys should give a class on how to treat their customers... Seriously.

Not one single bad thing to say... Extremely safe - the single best choice throughout the state of Virginia...

Room Tip: Executive level rooms are all perfect... Can't go wrong... A must if you can stay here and total...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank VA2Fargo2VA

Dear VA2Fargo2VA,

I am in love with the title of your post! An absolute pleasure to read your review and it just goes on tell our fellow travellers what a phenomenal achievement this is for the team at the Hilton Richmond.

We feel privileged to receive compliments from astute travelers such as you. Our goal has and always will be to provide our guests with a relaxing and memorable stay. So come back soon for some new memories!!

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

More than the clean and comforting room, it was the staff that greeted and provided great service that made it feel like coming home after a long day at work.
The shuttle service made it easy to go around the area and is available from 9am-11pm. Almost all shops are located within a 3 mile radius.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ygmarie

Dear Ygmarie,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing how much you enjoyed the location of our hotel in the much sought after Short Pump shopping district. You have my sincere gratitude for your endorsements towards our Staff. I am glad you truly experienced the beauty, charm and genuine warmth of the Hilton hospitality.

With hopes of being your new home away from home, I look forward to welcoming you back very very soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I booked a signature massage at the spa, and was escorted to the lockers for my bathrobe and pool shoes…we walked into the TOILET..not the bathroom area with a bank of stalls…no, one of those large single toilets, where they had installed 8 lockers against the wall !!! That is the most unsanitary thing I have ever seen in a SPA ! Disgusting !!…until I saw more at this spa….I went to swim and sit in the hot tub before my massage….the pool had a dirt ring around it, so I didn't even dare go in hot tub…I noticed there was no shower at the pool…(customary to rinse off before one goes into pool)…so I didn't rinse off before I went in(explains the dirty pool ring), but I needed a shower now to rinse off the chlorine before my massage…They told me there was NO SHOWER…DISGUSTING !! They could charge me $30 for a special swiss shower..I was not interested in a special shower, just a normal shower to rinse off….after telling them I would need to cancel my massage if I could not rinse off before massage they let us use the swiss shower to rinse the chlorine off. No plastic bags for my wet bathing suit…ok..I get on the massage table and the oil smells very strong and rancid…I asked the therapist what it was and she said citrus…I asked if there were any other choices of oil because I could not tolerate that horrible smell…She responded , "Yes, but I already have this on my hands ." !! I had to sit up and cajole her to use lavender…UNBELIEVABLE !! The massage therapist basically saying too bad client…I have this on my hands , so this is what your getting!!! The Signature massage is sold for $20 more, boasting an extra foot, hand and scalp massage as well as some use of stones…none of which I received….she did wrap my feet in a warm towel, but that is pretty customary in normal massages..MOST HORRIBLE SPA EXPERIENCE EVER !!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank A D

Dear A D,

I am extremely disappointed to read your review in particular your impression of our staff and facility. At your earliest convenience I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience. Please feel free to contact me directly at 804-364-3600 Thank you so much.