“New Year's Eve Disappointment” 1 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
Mystery Dinner Playhouse - Richmond
More attraction details
Owner description: Audience member solve a comedy murder mystery while enjoying a four course dinner. The dinner is served by a zany cast of characters who all the while are providing clues to help you solve the evening's crime. You guess whodunit!
Richmond, Virginia
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“New Year's Eve Disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

We decided to try the Mystery dinner theatre after reading favorable comments on their site, must have been for a location other than the Richmond one...

The hotel is seedy, the room was not clean, no decor or charm. The sound system consisted of a boom box....and the actors were not talented, nor was the script. The food was not edible, greasy tomato sauce posing as soup, a tablespoon of wilted greens and entrees that seemed to be gray chicken or gray meat?? We had congealed pasta and colorless vegetables so we did not eat. A single roll was provided.

The main actor actually awarded a guest in the audience the status of "bathroom monitor" and that was just the beginning of crude and rude behavior by the production company.

Do not waste your time. I cannot say this strongly enough, the hotel is going out of business and you will waste your money on this base and mediocre entertainment attempt.

I truly have nothing good to share and we did leave as did others...there is a just a point where you have to cut your losses and realize you have been duped by advertising. It looked appealing but the reality is total trash.

Visited December 2012
4 Thank anita p

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Didn't care for their humor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

We went to this show to celebrate my birthday and I was very disappointed with the food, show, and humor of the actors. It actually borderlined on offensive, as several racial references got laughs but I found them out of order. I would not recommend the show.

5 Thank daduna
Fredericksburg, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“kids stuff bad food was cold!! salad one layer on plate and 1/2 tomato !! never go there again !!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

my do they not know how to put on a real play??
Amateur stuff acting has lots to be desired.
The room for a play was nothing to look at.
NEVERagain!!!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank 124worldtravellor124
Mechanicsville, Virginia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Good food; fun time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

Very entertaining and engaging; I loved the way the actors interacted with the audience both while serving and during the performance.

Visited March 2012
Newport News, Virginia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"A Night to Remember!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

The Mystery Dinner Playhouse was awesome! I've attended one a few years back and always wanted to go to one again. The food was excellent with the acting was very funny and interactive. My girlfriend now my fiancé, always wanted to attend a Mystery Dinner and has never been to one. So I called a week prior to the date of the event to set up a surprise to propose to my girlfriend. It was amazing! The whole staff made the proposal part of the actual play and my fiancé had no clue! It was so perfectly planned that I even had a guest ask me if I really proposed or if it was part of the show...lol! My finance also won, solving the mystery case. They made that night so special for us; from the seating arrangement, the interaction, to that incredible moment that I proposed. I definitely recommend this show to anyone. Not simply because they made that night special for me and my finance, but because of the quality and wonderful entertainment of the staff and the professional setup of the mystery dinner show as a whole. If you have never been to one...this is a must do! Thank you so much to the whole staff for going above and beyond and making that evening "A Night to Remember!"

Visited June 2012