“So much fun”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Mystery Dinner Playhouse - Richmond
More attraction details
Owner description: Audience member solve a comedy murder mystery while enjoying a four course dinner. The dinner is served by a zany cast of characters who all the while are providing clues to help you solve the evening's crime. You guess whodunit!
Ellicott City, Maryland
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“So much fun”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I can't disagree with anita p more. The Double Tree hotel is not going out of business. It's very nice with a comfortable lounge to wait in. She show is in a small banquet hall with four tables of eight and no real sets to speak of. The actors walk around doing their scenes and then serve you while in character. You get to ask them about the crime and even bribe them with play money. They were all very funny and quick witted.The food was wonderful. The tomato soup was a little strong but the salad of bitter greens with a vinegerette dressing was quite good. We got two different types of warm bread and butter and a choice of pasta, steak or chicken. The meats were very tender and flavorfull to me. Somebody at my table had food allergies and they accomodated her. There was a bar where you could buy beer and wine. There was no potty monitor at my show and no crude humor at all. The sound system was a single cd player but that didn't bother me because it's not Broadway and it's not Broadway price. I had a ball. My one complaint is that parking is hard to come by.

Visited February 2013
5 Thank bg68ec

Richmond, Virginia
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 220 helpful votes
“We Expected More With a Dinner Playhouse”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We did not go to this particular Mystery Dinner Playhouse, but we did go to the one in Richmond, VA, and our thought was once you seen one, you seen them all. We expected so much more than what we got at Mystery Dinner Playhouse. The food was not good, and the acting was bad. We didn't care for the place. Disappointed.

2 Thank DeoniaNeveu
Richmond, Virginia
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“New Year's Eve Disappointment”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We decided to try the Mystery dinner theatre after reading favorable comments on their site, must have been for a location other than the Richmond one...

The hotel is seedy, the room was not clean, no decor or charm. The sound system consisted of a boom box....and the actors were not talented, nor was the script. The food was not edible, greasy tomato sauce posing as soup, a tablespoon of wilted greens and entrees that seemed to be gray chicken or gray meat?? We had congealed pasta and colorless vegetables so we did not eat. A single roll was provided.

The main actor actually awarded a guest in the audience the status of "bathroom monitor" and that was just the beginning of crude and rude behavior by the production company.

Do not waste your time. I cannot say this strongly enough, the hotel is going out of business and you will waste your money on this base and mediocre entertainment attempt.

I truly have nothing good to share and we did leave as did others...there is a just a point where you have to cut your losses and realize you have been duped by advertising. It looked appealing but the reality is total trash.

Visited December 2012
4 Thank anita p
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Didn't care for their humor”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We went to this show to celebrate my birthday and I was very disappointed with the food, show, and humor of the actors. It actually borderlined on offensive, as several racial references got laughs but I found them out of order. I would not recommend the show.

5 Thank daduna
Fredericksburg, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“kids stuff bad food was cold!! salad one layer on plate and 1/2 tomato !! never go there again !!”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

my do they not know how to put on a real play??
Amateur stuff acting has lots to be desired.
The room for a play was nothing to look at.
NEVERagain!!!