“Great Indian Restaurant at shorp pump mall”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lehja

Lehja
Reserve with OpenTable
Lehja is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 1,602 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$30 - US$31
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Located inside the Town Center underneath Hotel Hyatt House
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Indian Restaurant at shorp pump mall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

This restaurant is a little different as apparently the food is "northern Indian" as apposed to "southern Indian" at least that's what we wee told by our waiter who was very friendly and eager to explain the difference.
The food was very good not as spicy as we are used to from other Indian restaurants but never there less very good.We both loved the tomato and coconut soup, Yum ! For an entrée, My husband had the lamb curry and I had the Tikka Masala, which was excellent.
People who believe that all Indian food taste way to spicy, will really love this restaurant. The spices definitely are scaled down. Having said that should your food be served and you find its not spicy enough, the waiter will be more than happy to return it to the kitchen and it will return swiftly ....and spicier. Great restaurant. Give it a try.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Bornabrit

Richmond
“Food great as usual . Service was disappointing ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I took an out of town guest to one if our favorite restaurants. We have eaten there on several special occasions and always been delighted . The food was as good as always, particularly the tomato coconut soup and sauces with the entrees.
However, we requested our Naan with the soup and were told they brought that with the entree. It would be one thing if the Naan was complimentary, but at $5, I think I ought to get it when I want it.

Secondly, I had to ask twice for serving spoons to serve the bowl of rice that was for the whole table as well as serving spoons to serve the entrees onto plates.

I hope this was a fluke and the owners gives the waitstaff some training.

Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Absolutely fantastic. I think it's better than Spice of India was. Service was excellent. Lamb curry was great but could've been a bit spicier. Good wine selection and reasonable prices. Razz did a good job. We'll be back soon.

• Visited March 2014
Simpsonville, Kentucky
“good food but a little expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Really good food and staff, good atmosphere. The chef takes care to produce fresh food and very nice regional Indian sauces. I thought the prices were a little high, especially compared to other Indian restaurants. If you like it spicy you have to insist you can take it. They back down the spice to suit the typical American palate I'm sure.

Visited February 2014
Fairfax, Virginia
“Light, fresh food with a great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

We visited Lehja to celebrate a family birthday. It turned out to be a real treat! The food is much lighter than we expected buts still had the flavorful spiciness one expects in Indian cuisine. They recommended dishes for the children and tailored the heat accordingly. The manager spent a good deal of time chatting with us and brought samples of things as we talked. The wait staff was attentive but not intrusive -- everyone was friendly. Certainly among the best Indian food we've enjoyed.

• Visited January 2014