“Lunch time”
Review of Lehja

Lehja
Reserve with OpenTable
Lehja is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 1,623 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$30 - US$31
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Located inside the Town Center underneath Hotel Hyatt House
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was our first time visiting this restaurant. It was around 2 in the afternoon and the restaurant was empty. We were promptly greeted and seated. Drinks were provided. We ordered the Chicken Biryani and the Chicken Tikka Kali Mirch. The dishes were good. I could have used more sauce with the Chicken Tikka Kali Mirch. The naan was good. Overall the service was pretty good.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

This restaurant is a little different as apparently the food is "northern Indian" as apposed to "southern Indian" at least that's what we wee told by our waiter who was very friendly and eager to explain the difference.
The food was very good not as spicy as we are used to from other Indian restaurants but never there less very good.We both loved the tomato and coconut soup, Yum ! For an entrée, My husband had the lamb curry and I had the Tikka Masala, which was excellent.
People who believe that all Indian food taste way to spicy, will really love this restaurant. The spices definitely are scaled down. Having said that should your food be served and you find its not spicy enough, the waiter will be more than happy to return it to the kitchen and it will return swiftly ....and spicier. Great restaurant. Give it a try.

1  Thank Bornabrit
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I took an out of town guest to one if our favorite restaurants. We have eaten there on several special occasions and always been delighted . The food was as good as always, particularly the tomato coconut soup and sauces with the entrees.
However, we requested our Naan with the soup and were told they brought that with the entree. It would be one thing if the Naan was complimentary, but at $5, I think I ought to get it when I want it.

Secondly, I had to ask twice for serving spoons to serve the bowl of rice that was for the whole table as well as serving spoons to serve the entrees onto plates.

I hope this was a fluke and the owners gives the waitstaff some training.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Absolutely fantastic. I think it's better than Spice of India was. Service was excellent. Lamb curry was great but could've been a bit spicier. Good wine selection and reasonable prices. Razz did a good job. We'll be back soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Really good food and staff, good atmosphere. The chef takes care to produce fresh food and very nice regional Indian sauces. I thought the prices were a little high, especially compared to other Indian restaurants. If you like it spicy you have to insist you can take it. They back down the spice to suit the typical American palate I'm sure.