“Awesome!”

The Black Sheep
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Breakfast for four. A little New Orleans taste just a bit northeast of the Crescent City... Food quality and quantity are outstanding! Bill was $42, and same would cost over $100 easy in NOLA.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We were driving from Washington, DC to Greensboro, NC after a particularly trying couple of Thanksgiving travel days and stopped here based on the reviews we read. We were thoroughly pleased! This is an unassuming little spot with very inventive and flavorful casual fare. My son and husband had shrimp and fish tacos with fresh avocado and plum salsa which was outstanding. My daughter had pork roulades with root veggies and I had one of the signature subs without the bread ( which they call jump ship). The service was friendly and efficient....in fact our waitress didn't bat an eye at a couple of special requests. So make the effort to go a couple of blocks off the beaten path, and don't be daunted by the surrounding neighborhood.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This was our second time at The Black Sheep, and it did not disappoint. They have a very unique menu, that is executed perfectly with quality ingredients. My only advice is be prepared for a wait; both times (on Saturdays) we have had a wait of about 20-30 minutes. You do have to wait outside so come prepared but they do have a little outdoor bar in the back with tables, so you can enjoy your drink while waiting. Spiked hot apple cider was on the bar menu; so that made the chiller wait much more pleasant. I had the beef barley soup with my sandwich...it was amazing...perfectly seasoned. Don't let the wait deter you from a really good meal.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

They have amazing Subs with actual Navy submarine names :)
They all taste great.
I tried the USS Virginia. Great taste.
One thing to remember is try the half sub as that itself is like a foot long.
I dunno if many would be able to finish the full Sub!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I am so glad that a friend took us here, while we were visiting. It seems difficult to find a place that does an amazing job when it comes to breakfast, but The Black Sheep has nailed it. I was so delightfully pleased with the ginger snap crusted French toast and the Greek yogurt topped with coconut, pineapple, and caramelized nuts. Everything was so flavorful, and the flavor combinations perfectly balanced one another. A real treat for breakfast!