“Better than Good...Great !”
Review of The Black Sheep

The Black Sheep
Ranked #41 of 1,612 Restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Goochland, Virginia, United States
“Better than Good...Great !”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Made the trek downtown and we are glad we made our destination "The Black Sheep". Quick, friendly, efficient service, but the food was the real star of the night. Shared an appetizer then on to the main course. The fish special was superb as was my choice of the Creole Cassoulet. We really didn't have room for dessert but we powered through and shared the banana pudding. Again, excellent choice.
Overall, one of the best meals we have had in Richmond. Loved the place, atmosphere, service and the food....What else is there? oh, the prices...very good value for the huge portions you receive. We watch many people get the the oversized sandwiches, wow!...I want to try one on our next visit. Small place, so there may be a wait.

• Arabic first
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We are from PA, saw this place on The Travel Channel. So as we were traveling through VA we had to stop :). SO glad we did. The food was fabulous!!! Our daughter had the French toast. My husband the USS Virginia and me, the USS Congress. Awesome flavors and presentation. We had to make room for the banana pudding but I JUST HAD to try it. So glad I did. The place has a great eclectic and thrifty vibe from thrift shop coffee mugs to salt and pepper shakers. Wait staff was very busy but never hesitated with a friendly smile and willing to answer a question. Snagged a nice bottle of wine for the road too! Will be back again and I'd recommend it to anyone traveling through Richmond. It's a must stop kind of place.

“Good”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Who doesn't love the big big big sub sandwiches. Good /different flavors. You will enjoy it. Small restaurant. Not many tables

• Visited November 2013
“Not so much.”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Bad experience with service. I have never EVER not left a tip in my 49 years, but this was a first time. :( We had a discrepancy with our order/bill and the waitress wouldn't listen to us....talked over us. I guess she had the grumpies...so we used her tip to pay for the discrepancy. Just not a pleasant experience.

1 Thank chipper340
Thomasville, Georgia
“What a real joy this place is..”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

In a nut shell... If you are in Richmond, You have to try this place.

Recently my Girl Friend picked me up at the airport... handed me some papers and said you navigate... Deal!! We honestly, round and round we went...When you are driving there... and turn down Goshen Street and get to Marshall... It is on your LEFT... Once we figured that out and parked, we walked over to the Black Sheep. Once in the door I saw that every face in the place had a smile, even though it was a rainy day, and I mentioned that to Erin...

After Lunch I now know why! What a great people, and what a menu... Thanks...

Steve