“I now know why it's ranked as one of the best in RVA!”
Review of The Black Sheep

The Black Sheep
Ranked #40 of 1,603 Restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“I now know why it's ranked as one of the best in RVA!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We try a new restaurant each week for our date night. This week we decided to try Black Sheep as we have heard amazing reviews. Long story short, everything was amazing.

We started with the 2 soups of the day - black bean and potato leek soup. Both were equally delicious. Our waitress (who was amazing...best service we've had in a long time) recommended the fish special of the day. BEST RECOMMENDATION EVER! It was BBQ salmon and BBQ Pork on top of cheese grits with toast and apple slaw on the side. It was incredible.

For dessert, we were told the peanut butter pie was to die for. Being the chocolate lover that I am, I also wanted some chocolate. We ended up getting the peanut butter pie and la brea tarpit (dark chocolate creme brulee). Separately, delicious. Mix them together, out of the world.

Overall, it was incredible and we will be eating here again. Great food, amazing service and quiet setting.

2 Thank Absolutelylegit

• Arabic first
“The subs are not all that”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

yes they are big but my sandwich was dry, server was rushed with us price a tad bit expensive..not my favorite

Goochland, Virginia, United States
“Better than Good...Great !”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Made the trek downtown and we are glad we made our destination "The Black Sheep". Quick, friendly, efficient service, but the food was the real star of the night. Shared an appetizer then on to the main course. The fish special was superb as was my choice of the Creole Cassoulet. We really didn't have room for dessert but we powered through and shared the banana pudding. Again, excellent choice.
Overall, one of the best meals we have had in Richmond. Loved the place, atmosphere, service and the food....What else is there? oh, the prices...very good value for the huge portions you receive. We watch many people get the the oversized sandwiches, wow!...I want to try one on our next visit. Small place, so there may be a wait.

Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We are from PA, saw this place on The Travel Channel. So as we were traveling through VA we had to stop :). SO glad we did. The food was fabulous!!! Our daughter had the French toast. My husband the USS Virginia and me, the USS Congress. Awesome flavors and presentation. We had to make room for the banana pudding but I JUST HAD to try it. So glad I did. The place has a great eclectic and thrifty vibe from thrift shop coffee mugs to salt and pepper shakers. Wait staff was very busy but never hesitated with a friendly smile and willing to answer a question. Snagged a nice bottle of wine for the road too! Will be back again and I'd recommend it to anyone traveling through Richmond. It's a must stop kind of place.

“Good”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Who doesn't love the big big big sub sandwiches. Good /different flavors. You will enjoy it. Small restaurant. Not many tables

• Visited November 2013