“My sisters and I Love it!!!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
Ranked #2 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Charlotte, North Carolina
“My sisters and I Love it!!!”
Reviewed 20 April 2011

We were visitin Richmond on a more sorrow note, my aunts daughter passed away. Never stay in Richmond Hotels before so did alot of searching before booking hotel room. My aunt had warn us to stay away from Uptown due to high prices. I knew the Hampton Inn for alot of good amenties and had stay at one near the Navy Base in Sept 2010. Both visits were outstanding. I have never became a member, because I dont think Im going to stay at an Hampton Inn when I am looking for a hotel, but I may just have to after these last 2 visits to Hampton Inns. I did have 2 bad experiences with Hampton Inn in the past, one in Virginia Beach, Va and the other in Linden NJ. These last 2 visit to Hampton Inn were outstanding and if I visit Richmond again this is were I will be staying. Thanks for having such a beautiful hotel. Our room was on the side of the Interstate and the little noise we heard didnt bother us at all. I did read on this site about the noise from I-95 bother somebodys family, but we couldnt tell and slept so peaceful in those comfortable beds. The hot breakfast was great!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Atlanta
Reviewed 29 March 2011

This hotel is flawless! Rooms are beautiful staff is great!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank bshaw1211
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 January 2011

After a complete nightmare the night before in a Spring Hill Suites in Durham, NC (that will be a separate review), I was SO relieved to arrive at this brand new, spotlessly clean and very well appointed Hampton Inn. The room was just perfect with more than enough electrical outlets where I need them for charging all of the electronics, good lighting and a WONDERFUL, clean bed! I didnt have time to stop for breakfast so I cant speak to that but the wireless internet works perfectly and is free.

The service staff was great here too! I am in Richmond a lot and have stayed mostly at the Embassy at Emerywood Parkway (almost across the street), but that property is showing its age...I am now a major fan of this new Hampton Inn and I WILL be back!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank caugh51654
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 January 2011

We stayed here for an overnight after a concert in Richmond using Hilton Honor Points, so I don't know what the rate would have been if we had paid cash.
The hotel itself is close to a few restaurants in a quiet area very close to a main street (Broad).
We encountered three different front desk clerks during our stay and all three were professional, polite, friendly and courteous.In fact, upon returning from our night out, I needed a bottled water. All of the vending machines were sold out. I went to the Suite Shop to purchase water and the clerk did not charge me he said due to the inconvenience of none in vending machines.
Our king bed room, with modern decor, was spotless and roomy enough for our stay. I've stayed at Hampton Inns before and the beds have always been very comfortable, these were not. I am not sure why. My husband agreed. I got no sleep as I am a light sleeper and I could hear all of the activity outside of the room including someone sneeze next door/hallway.
The breakfast area was clean, with plenty of choices to satisfy anyone.
If ever needing a clean hotel in Richmond, I would not hesitate staying here again despite my noise/bed complaints. The cleanliness and service make up for those negative things.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kribbean
crab cakes and football
Reviewed 20 September 2010

This hotel is so pretty. The bed was so comfortable. We stayed in a suite and it was absolutely fabulous. You can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple