started looking late for hotels and everything booked close to downtown area for start and finish. closest hotels were 5-10 miles out. needed to book 2 rooms and lucked out in getting great rate for king suite from AAA and 2 queen room just 1 week before race. must have been some last minute cancellations since this hotel didn't have any available rooms weeks before.
hotel is newer property off I-64/I-195. really convenient to exit and easy to find. tucked in from main street with nice seafood restaurant in front. looking for carbo load, huge olive garden just down street. not my favorite place, but packed on friday night. good service and food for evening meal.
front desk person was very friendly and manager was right there to lend hand with any questions. gave directions to local restaurants, travel to downtown and any other info about area. hotel was fully booked for marathoner's, gymnastic event, concert, urichmond football - place is popular and busy.
king suite was huge - had sofabed, big flat screen, great comfy bed and spacious bathroom area. definitely could fit family of 4 easily along with rollaway bed. suite was end room of hallway on floor. room frig, closet and counter in short hallway to room. nice layout and can really stretch out. only hitch was my great rate was for smoking room. asked manager if non-smoking was available upon checkin, but being totally booked, nada. he offered to put air purifier machine in the room if it was bad and we needed it. at first wasn't bad and was staying one night. but second thought, probably won't book smoking room again, no matter what the deal. room layout was great - clean, spacious - just need non-smoking.
breakfast was good and extra bananas for running crowd. most people had early wake-up calls and left hotel by 6:30-45am to get to starting line on-time. drive to downtown was extremely easy - took only 8-10 minutes by highway.
definitely recommend this hotel - new, rooms are very clean/spacious, nice breakfast and friendly front desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the center of the metro Richmond Virginia region, the Hampton Inn and Suites Richmond/Glenside hotel offers easy access to popular cultural, sporting and entertainment attractions. Spend a day at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts or the Museum of the Confederacy- all within five miles of our Richmond, VA hotel. Enjoy boating, canoeing, water skiing and fishing at the James and Appomattox rivers or thrilling rides at the Kings Dominion theme park. View exciting races at Richmond International Raceway or enjoy an extensive shopping experience at Stony Point Fashion Park.Unwind at the Hampton Inn and Suites Richmond/Glenside hotel with everything you need for a great stay. Relax in a comfortable guest room complete with thoughtful amenities to help make you feel at home. Enjoy over sixty high-def channels on a 37-inch flat screen HD TV. Stay connected with free high-speed internet access and enjoy a restful sleep on a clean and fresh Hampton bed®. Upgrade to a spacious suite and stretch out and relax on a king-size bed. Start the day right and join us for a Hampton’s free hot breakfast or have breakfast on the move and grab one of our Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags, available Monday to Friday. Stay active during your stay in the fitness center or rejuvenate with a swim in the pool. Keep in touch with work in the business center and hold your next meeting in our corporate meeting and training facility accommodating up to 80 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Richmond/Glenside
- Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside Hotel Richmond