“Hampton Inn Richmond/Glenside”

Ranked #2 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Cary, North Carolina
“Hampton Inn Richmond/Glenside”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Great hotel, staff friendly and helpful. Morning 6-10 am) was good but but standard. Hotel central to Richmond Amtrak station. If traveling by train I would pick this place again. Several places to eat, within walking distance.

Room Tip: If traveling by train/Amtrak great place to stay.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn for 3 nights in early May while touring Richmond and the surrounding area. We LOVED the location, since we were close to many places at which to eat and shop. We were able to easily get to the city and the many other sites that we visited. The room was clean and the breakfast was good. The hotel is quite new and the staff was friendly. The only thing I missed were the warm cookies upon arrival; I was told that they are only served on the busiest days of the week. All -in- all this Hampton provided a relaxing hotel at which to spend a long weekend.

Room Tip: Be sure that you ask which rooms include the mini frig and microwave.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
David B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Dear PensandSteelers:
Thank you for your kind words! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay at our beautifful Hampton Inn & Suites! All of our guests will be happy to know that since your stay we have added refrigerators and microwaves to the standard king rooms, so that now ALL of our rooms come equipped with an amenity so many guests have been requesting! As for cookies, I am sorry it was explained to you that way - the fact is that we do bake up batches of fresh cookies as part of our weekday "cookie & punch" reception, We hope to be of service again on your next visit to Richmond!
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. Staff were very welcoming, check in fast and efficient. Rooms very modern and clean. Beds comfy and linens/towels and amenities of very good quality.

Breakfast was very good, waffles and hot items included as well as the usual cereal, fruit, yogurt and pastries. Area spacious, clean and well supervised.

Location was excellent with lots of restaurants and shops nearby.

Wouldn't hesitate to stay again if we are ever back in Richmond

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travellingirl58
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 May 2012

A typical Hampton Inn---clean, efficient, very nice breakfast, free USA Today. If you have a car, this was a fine location since it's near both interstates as well as the main road to Richmond.

A few nitpicks:

1) I arrived at the train station, about 1.5 miles away. Unfortunately, the hotel doesn't have a courtesy car. It was nice weather, so I walked, but there were several parts of the road that don't have sidewalks.

2) Arriving after dinner, I asked about restaurants, and the front desk only recommended an adjacent restaurant that gave hotel patrons a discount. But the restaurant was very expensive, and it would have been nice to know how many other restaurants were a short walk away.

3) The hotel's guide to TV stations in no way reflected the actual stations. Trying to find the Weather Channel or MSNBC required channel surfing because of the inaccurate guide.

4) The hotel is plastered with ads and slogans about being green---but it doesn't provide recycling containers, even for paper!!!! Sheer hypocrisy.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I am a very long time Hilton Honors member and have stayed in Hampton Inns all over the US. Very disappointed with this location. My second and last stay here. Mold in and around the tub, napkins on the floor under the night stand, stains on the carpet, etc...

Room Tip: Stay at the Weston. It is less than a mile away.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BeachGS
David B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear BeachGS:
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience at our hotel. Every comment is a postive one because it allows us to see through our guest's eyes. I would like to address your concerns: The napkins under a piece of furniture can be chalked up to over-sight by our team members and will be addressed. As we have been fortunate to be very busy, sometimes getting into a guest room to correct soapdish issues or stained carpeting before another guest checks-in gets tricky on occasion. It is, however, feedback like yours that will spark additional attention to these areas by our staff. We value your loyalty to the Hilton family, and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
beatricepugzilla
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed for 3 nights on points while visiting friends in the area. Upon check in, my key did not owrk on the first try - unlke other hotels, the front desk employee followed me to my room to insure the second key would work (I travel about every week for work and this does NOT happen at most hotels plus it was his suggestion!) Did the key work? No - but he put me in another room without going back to the desk for the key and then brought the new key to the room. This is customer service plain and simple.The studio room was nice and reminded me of some Homewood Suites rooms around the country that are "divided" into two areas by a middle desk - all the furishings were in great shape. The breakfast was standard and had a great selection of fresh fruit (this was out all the time not just breakfast) and better cereals - there was no oatmeal which I found strange but the Kashi cereal made up for it! The server was very nice and welcoming. For some reason I did not get housekeeping service after the first night. Made the front desk aware and it was not an issue moving forward. Very easy access to the highway and the University of Richmond area that I was visiting. The fitness center was standard and had small flat screen TVs on the wall in front of each machine - not on the machine but on the wall in front - had one remote to change the channels - so you have to share with the other folks which was not off putting to me but might be to others. I would stay here again if I was ever in the area and will recommed this place to others - in fact I I did while I was visiting. Not sure of the cost per room per night since this was an award stay - hopefully it is reasonable.

Room Tip: The stuido rooms offer a lot of space
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I am a meeting planner, rather than an overnight guest, but I LOVE this hotel. It is my lodging of choice whenever I have an out of town group come in for a business meeting, and my participants have shared very positive comments. All of the front desk staff are unfailingly friendly, and have been prompt to respond to my requests when I have billing questions, an issue with a guest, etc. Sales manager David Becker has looked out for me on numerous occasions to make sure all the logistics are set for my guests' arrival and stay. I always know I am in good hands with him if I need anything or run into any issues.

I recently used the hotel's meeting room for an event and was very happy with the room layout and amenities. The room had a useful sink/kitchenette area; tables and chairs were in ample supply and good condition; and the audiovisual setup was declared by my husband, who is an audiovisual professional, to be one of the best thought-out he had seen in any hotel/conference space.

The property in general is in good condition, fresh and clean, and the decor has an updated vibe. It's convenient to the interstate and near lots of dining and retail choices on the Broad Street business strip.

In short, if you're planning a business event, you can't go wrong here. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business