This hotel is quite new and quite clean, but I can't say we enjoyed our stay.
It started at the front desk. We reserved a disability room (knowing from the other stays at Hampton that there are some located away from an elevator). The clerk gave us the room right next to it and when we addressed this issue assured us that ALL disability rooms are close to elevators. OK we said then give us a standard room away from the elevator. She gives us standard room right next to the elevator second time. It took 3 attempts to get a room away from the elevator and when we finally got it we so the disable room sign right at the door of the room across our door. OK we thought, might be that room is occupied and that's why she couldn't give it to us but why lay about it? During all our stay surprisingly we didn't here a beep from that door, though we heard some noises from the others, which convinced us in opposite. She just didn't want to accommodate our request. The other reasons we'll never stay in this hotel again are:
a) the POOR breakfast they serve (we stay at Hamptons a lot and this was the WORST from all) and b) the poor maintenance of the property (the toilet seat was shaky, the door stop at the bathroom was missing and so on).
So hotel is new but the management is bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the center of the metro Richmond Virginia region, the Hampton Inn and Suites Richmond/Glenside hotel offers easy access to popular cultural, sporting and entertainment attractions. Spend a day at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts or the Museum of the Confederacy- all within five miles of our Richmond, VA hotel. Enjoy boating, canoeing, water skiing and fishing at the James and Appomattox rivers or thrilling rides at the Kings Dominion theme park. View exciting races at Richmond International Raceway or enjoy an extensive shopping experience at Stony Point Fashion Park.Unwind at the Hampton Inn and Suites Richmond/Glenside hotel with everything you need for a great stay. Relax in a comfortable guest room complete with thoughtful amenities to help make you feel at home. Enjoy over sixty high-def channels on a 37-inch flat screen HD TV. Stay connected with free high-speed internet access and enjoy a restful sleep on a clean and fresh Hampton bed®. Upgrade to a spacious suite and stretch out and relax on a king-size bed. Start the day right and join us for a Hampton’s free hot breakfast or have breakfast on the move and grab one of our Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bags, available Monday to Friday. Stay active during your stay in the fitness center or rejuvenate with a swim in the pool. Keep in touch with work in the business center and hold your next meeting in our corporate meeting and training facility accommodating up to 80 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels Direct so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside Hotel Richmond
- Hampton Inn And Suites Richmond/Glenside