“Avoid if possible!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Theurbanfarmhouse.cot
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Close to our hotel, looked quaint. Tried to order from the menu, first were told oven broke so that eliminated half the menu. Then they were out of most bagels because their bread order didn't come in. Finally decided on yogurt parfait and oatmeal, then there we sat for over 40 minutes. Now there is maybe ten feet between where we were sitting and where the people who took out orders were standing and maybe another ten feet to where the food was being prepped. Finally my name was called , I go to the register and am informed that the orders were never sent to the back, so they hadn't started our order yet. Now why it took them 40 minutes to figure this out, when we were the only ones in the place is beyond me. So I said never mind, I would like a refund. The person looks at his register and says, "You paid cash? I can't refund your money but I can give you a gift card." I explain, I am from PA and in town for the weekend, so that's not going to work. To which I was told, Well I am sorry but I can't refund your money. Now I started to get angry and ssy, my money that I paid you for a meal I never received is in you register, you can give me my money back. To which he got very angry and threw my money down on the counter. So orofessional! I don't understand how they are still in business. I am only giving one star because no stars was not an option!

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Interesting menu, friendly staff, pleasant atmosphere. Food was tasty but portions were a bit skimpy. Hubby's chicken sandwich was mostly bread and my goat cheese and pesto sandwich was pretty thin on the cheese. We're not big eaters, but we were still a little hungry when we left.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Loved this place! Great food, wonderful atmosphere. We were a large group and ate family style. Great way to try a lot of different items on the menu.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Ok we were being cheap and decide to avoid usually overpriced hotel breakfast. Options were limited around our hotel so we ended up at the Urban Market and Cafe. It was inviting with large French doors that we’re open and it was invitingly old fashioned southern. I had a Virginia Bavon and egg sandwich and yogurt and fruit. The egg sandwich had been put in a panini press. Looked fine until I took a bite. Yuk! The inside of the toasted bread was so damp it was if it had been in a sauna. The fruit and yogurt was very good. Others in my party had Irish oatmeal, which neither liked. Coffee was coffee and no complaints. Service was also efficient and friendly, but if I had it do over I would pay for that hotel breakfast.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

I see that many people like this restaurant. We stopped in for breakfast and we were very disappointed with the egg and ham sandwich we got. The egg appeared to be something that had been prepared in advance, was too thick, and the sandwich just was not good. We were very disappointed!