“great toasted chick peas”
Review of Secco Wine Bar

Secco Wine Bar
Ranked #193 of 1,608 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Now open in the Fan. Along with an extensive wine program we now offer a full bar, more seating and a patio. And Sunday Brunch is back. Cheers!
“great toasted chick peas”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I really like the toasted chick peas. Wife likes the port sandwich. Julia may have the best wine palette in Richmond. ----------------------------------------------------------

Visited August 2013

Richmond, Virginia
“Relaxing wine bar”
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Been here several times for small plates and wine and always been supremely happy with both as well as the friendly staff that helps me try new wines without ever seeming condescending. The menu is tapas with a lot of local and house made ingredients and I'm always a big fan of a cheese plate where l get to pick from a variety of selections. Had a great Sunday brunch here recently too with a yummy cocktail with mole bitters and a roasted veggie hash. My friend had a benedict with house lox that was wonderful too. The thought and care put into the concept and warm atmosphere are also much appreciated!

Washington, DC
“Friendly, fun bar for solo diners”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I was travelling alone on business and had dinner at the bar on a quiet February weeknight. It was quite cold for Richmond and the restaurant was quiet, which suited me fine since it left room at the bar for me. I had dinner at the bar, talking off and on with the staff who were very friendly and knowledgable about the wine they were serving. I chose the Chef's Tasting Menu. Surprisingly, they don't tell you want the chef will cook, they leave it as a surprise. Well, my dinner was excellent and I would happily have it again. It also went well with the full-bodied reds I was drinking.

Some on this site have complained about the noise and the wine selection. Its a small place so if it were crowded it could get noisy. I thought the wine selection was fine. As a small place, they have to limit their by-the-drink wine selection to 20-30 bottles. Once opened, bottles need to be finished fairly quickly or they will spoil. I thought the size of the selection appropriate for the size of the restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
Richmond, Virginia
“Absolutely fresh, creative, and delicious”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Love eating in this tiny, warm restaurant. The bar staff, wait staff, and kitchen staff are the best! Very attentive, helpful, and fun. And the food is amazing. Always something different to try as the executive chef is great and uses local and seasonal resources.

• Visited November 2013
Greensboro
“Good Wine, OK Atmosphere”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I had a nice glass of wine at Secco with colleagues. The service was above average. I would return the next time I'm in Richmond.

Visited October 2013