“They are huge and they are delicious!”

Country Style Donuts
Ranked #1 of 40 Dessert in Richmond
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 20 July 2013

There's a Dunkin Donuts location and a Krispy Kreme location very close to where I live but I bypass them both to drive 13 miles to Country Style. The donuts are large and they are fresh, with several dozen varieties. The cream filled are just stuffed with cream. Country Style is open 24 hours a day, six days a week (closed Monday.) If there are negatives, it's 1) they often don't have all varieties when you go there and 2) the bathrooms were absolutely filthy when I took some Pennsylvania visitors there in May. They were grossed out but liked the donuts. (It's hard not to wonder if the kitchen is clean but I'll take my chances.) You can't do better than getting a buttermilk or old fashioned donut brought out to the shelves fresh from the hot oil with a cup of coffee. Tip: strangely, while the donuts are 96 cents a piece, they charge you $5.99 for a half a dozen - you do save a little per donut when you get a dozen.

There are newer reviews for Country Style Donuts

Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Very good donuts. Service good and their peanut donuts the best. We got a dozen and thought the price was reasonable. Small building so don't miss it. It's worth the stop

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Fabulous donuts; in fact, the best I have had in a long time (if not ever)! This is well worth the stop. (I wish I lived closer!)

Reviewed 9 July 2013

open 24/6, closed on Mondays....this place is the bomb when it comes to donuts...always fresh
and tons of different kinds to choose from...whether you are on your way to the airport, or just out for a drive, or if you have to make a special trip this is the place to go.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Since moving to Richmond, I found that the top-rated eating establishment in this area on tripadvisor.com was Country Style Doughnuts. So this weekend my wife and granddaughter got in the car and made the 5 mile trek to CSD. It was worth the drive. Donuts or Doughnuts? CSD definitely spells it right because the treasures have a lot of dough in them. They are substantial and have a chewy quality. These are not melt-in-your mouth donuts like Krispy Kreme (which I enjoy hot, too). The quality of the ingredients is first-rate. I had a jelly doughnut covered in powdered sugar, not just lightly coated. The filling had good fruit taste and was not overly sweet. A coconut doughnut was large and the coconut tasted like it came straight from the tree. My wife had doughnut holes which she enjoyed, although I don't think you get the full effect from them, being so small. We took a coconut doughnut to my stepdaughter who said it was the best she ever had. My granddaughter enjoyed hers, too, but I can't remember what she had. The cost is 95 cents. CSD is open 24 hours most of the week. It is a free-standing building, not in a strip mall. There are a few booth and they sell milk and soda, If you're near CSD try for yourself.