“They really are good . . .”

Country Style Donuts
Ranked #1 of 39 Dessert in Richmond
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We thought it funny that this place comes up as the #1 place for Richmond. That was unique enough for us to want to give it a try, but didn't make it a priority . . thought it must be a local joke of some sort. But as we were passing close by it on I-64, we exited at Laburnum to search for it.

Wow. They really are good doughnuts! We got four and the toasted coconut raised was the best. Really good dough flavor (a bit like good pancake batter). And the Maple glaze was great, too. Wish it would have been on our route back as we would have stopped for more.

There are newer reviews for Country Style Donuts

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I have not been to Richmond many times, but I am glad that I made the detour to Country Style Doughnuts! We went early on a Sunday morning, 8am-ish, and there was already a 6+ person line. I wondered, should we wait in this line or just head out to beat traffic. I decided that we were already there, so let's wait. I am sure glad that we waited! We had 4 donuts (boston cream, coconut, old fashioned and maple) and the Old Fashioned was still hot when we got it. Nothing beats a still hot donut and the old fashioned did not disappoint. Not to sweet, cakey and tasty!

Reviewed 20 July 2013

There's a Dunkin Donuts location and a Krispy Kreme location very close to where I live but I bypass them both to drive 13 miles to Country Style. The donuts are large and they are fresh, with several dozen varieties. The cream filled are just stuffed with cream. Country Style is open 24 hours a day, six days a week (closed Monday.) If there are negatives, it's 1) they often don't have all varieties when you go there and 2) the bathrooms were absolutely filthy when I took some Pennsylvania visitors there in May. They were grossed out but liked the donuts. (It's hard not to wonder if the kitchen is clean but I'll take my chances.) You can't do better than getting a buttermilk or old fashioned donut brought out to the shelves fresh from the hot oil with a cup of coffee. Tip: strangely, while the donuts are 96 cents a piece, they charge you $5.99 for a half a dozen - you do save a little per donut when you get a dozen.

Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Very good donuts. Service good and their peanut donuts the best. We got a dozen and thought the price was reasonable. Small building so don't miss it. It's worth the stop

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Fabulous donuts; in fact, the best I have had in a long time (if not ever)! This is well worth the stop. (I wish I lived closer!)