“What a doughnut!”

Country Style Doughnuts
Ranked #1 of 44 Dessert in Richmond
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Richmond, Virginia
“What a doughnut!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

This place has some of the best doughnuts I have ever eaten! They are even good the next day! The apple fritters were bigger than my head! The best doughnut ever!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Tina G

• Korean first
Washington DC
“Horrible Service... But good doughnuts”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

This is my 3rd time coming to this establishment. The pasties are good and normally I show up in the morning. But this was our first evening out there. Well, after waiting for 3 minutes while the guy working the chatted away with some woman, another gentleman came out from the back. Neither guy interacted with us - like they didn't wanted our business... I was ready to walk out but my spouse had already started a order. Someone needs to talk to those guys working there working habits.

Bradenton, Florida
“Great Donuts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stopped in here twice on a recent visit to Richmond. Definately a down home donut shop with regulars lined up at the coffee bar. Had a Apple Fritter the first day and peanut donut the second. Both were unbelievable. The fritters and coffee rolls are HUGE and only 2.19. Definately a must stop if nearby!!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank kenimler
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“HUGE Donuts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

What you get from here are donuts. Huge donuts. They have the normal varieties of glazed, chocolate covered, and filled donuts. They also have a number of donuts that are crazy big (fritters, twists, etc). I also tried the coffee and it's pretty good. It's fresh ground and not bitter or burned, which happens too much.

Don't expect fine dining though. It's a donut shop that's been around a while.

• Visited October 2013
Virginia
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

This review is not of the quality of the doughnuts......still the best. This review is of the service. I dropped by after a long flight at around 9:30 pm on a Tuesday as I normally do. There was one person in line . As I walked in I noticed mostly empty selves. If you have been you know they have a wall of doughnuts. What were on the shelves were about 3 types of doughnuts and probably no more that 15 of those types total. Me and the person that was there before me walked out without making any purchase. I have gone there much later and they had a much better selection. I asked the lady, who was very polite, when the next batch of anything was coming up and she said "6:00 am". So they are going to keep the store open with 15 or so doughnuts for almost 9 more hours ? If you are going to keep you store open 24/7 or around that keep your product in stock or change your hours. It will keep your customers happy and just makes good business sense. Sorry I had to write a bad review for such a good doughnuts.

• Visited October 2013