“Better than Krispy Creme”

Country Style Donuts
Ranked #1 of 22 Bakeries in Richmond
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I ate one and couldn't stop. Love love the buttermilk donuts...just a tad crispy on the outside and moist inside.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Forget the reviews and just go!!!! You will not be disappointed. I flew into richmond at 1230 PM and by 1:30 I had my two donuts. There were people there when I showed up and more coming in as I left. There were plenty of varieties to choose from. I went with the peanut and the glazed lemon filled donuts. Delicious. Much better than anything you'll get at a chain restaurant and I love dunkin donuts. This easily beats them. They had a cinnamon roll in there as big as my head. I didn't get one because I knew I wouldn't be able to finish it.

1  Thank fchsco80
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I have spent the last 25 years buying donuts at Country Style. Even though I currently don't live in Richmond I buy donuts there every time I'm home for a visit. I am looking forward to the day I live there again and can stop in at my favorite donut shop anytime!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My son and I stopped by here today, after seeing how high it ranked on the restaurants in the area. When we first pulled in the parking lot I was amazed how many cars there were -- it was just about lunch time! Upon entering, its like stepping back in time to the early 1970s bakeries I grew up with in NYC. Not the cleanest place, but kind of cute. Even at noon, there were still a decent amount of variety left -- we chose 2 simple glazed donuts, a bag of 12 donut holes to share with Dad back home, a chocolate milk and a soda -- all for $6.50. Pretty good bargain I thought. These donuts are HUGE!!! We could have had one and split it -- but Oh My Goodness, they were really delicious!! We decided that they may have even been on the beginning of getting stale -- and still we devoured them!! They were messy, finger-licking awesome!! There is a small window to watch the donut maker, which was fun also. I think in another area, with a cleaner store -- this place could be simply Amazing!!!!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This is our new favorite place!!! Doughnuts are wonderful and the prices are competitive. Rumor has it that they are opening another shop on the West End.