“This restaurant is a real find- a diamond in the rough.”
Review of The Belvidere at Broad - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Belvidere at Broad
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: American
Description: Eclectic American dishes with world influences and a focus on fresh, natural and organic ingredients vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free options Extensive wine & beer selection
Reviewed 8 January 2012

The restaurant is small and furnished with wooden tables and booths. The bar area looks inviting but nothing to write home about. That's where the "ordinariness" of this restaurant ends. Instead of seeing a "bar food" menu as one might except from the surroundings, the selections are varied, interesting, and enticing. I had trouble ordering because there were so many choices to my liking. The service was friendly and very attentive. Special requests like "well done sweet potato fries" were duly noted, and lo and behold,were executed perfectly. The food was absolutely delicious. My husband raved about his salmon; my friend unabashedly mopped up the sauce from his wife's dish; and I found myself eating slowly so that it would last longer. The wine list had something for everyone and the prices were reasonable. Honestly, I can't wait to go back there and try some of the other menu items I had considered. This restaurant seems to be a well kept secret.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

We were there for Sunday Brunch with family and friends.
The portions were large. The food was unique and freshly made.
The restaurant is very inviting inside. The alcoholic drinks were very generous.

Reviewed 10 September 2011

My wife and I went here on a Friday evening for dinner. The place wasn't crowded which can usually be indicative of a poor restaurant but not here. Unique selection of draft beers and while we did not get any wine, it was good selection as well. The menu had a bit of everything on it with a noticeable amount of vegetarian options. Average entree was about $20-25 with the steaks being about $30 and sandwiches were $10-15. I had the ahi tuna tacos which were excellent and my wife had the vegetarian lasagna, which was also very good. Portion sizes were on par with the prices which is not always the case in these type of joints. Service was speedy and knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 23 June 2011

Not wanting to wait 40 minutes at another restaurant nearby, we popped in for brunch on Sunday and were amazed. I had the Chesapeake Benedict which was comprised of ciabatta bread topped with LUMP crab meat, poached eggs and a decadent hollandaise sauce. One of the BEST brunch items I've ever had. My husband had a roasted veggie club with a side of amazing roasted potatoes. Not a bite was left. Accompanied by a great beer selection and bloody mary's, Brunch was a HIT!
To follow-up, today we stopped in for happy hour to try a couple more beverages... and food. Post brunch, I'd read an article about the crab cakes here, so we ordered the appetizer trio featuring a crab cake, house smoked salmon and hummus. I'm not sure what was my favorite as they were all outstanding!
I just wished I lived a little closer or we'd be here much more often!

Reviewed 11 March 2011

Dropped in here while walking down the street after a day of meetings at a nearby hotel. I had the crab and tomato soup and asparagus and really enjoyed these two side dishes. I did not order dinner since I wasn't very hungry. Great atmosphere. The wine list is long with a lot of good choices.